Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Discussion > Topic: Super Starcraft Modders Brawl
Super Starcraft Modders Brawl
Jan 26 2009, 1:07 am
By: ForTheSwarm
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 67 >

Jan 27 2009, 2:36 am Corbo Post #61

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
I should totally edit Archon and take advantage of its two overlays. ;o
ORLY?
THEN I'LL TAKE PYLON AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ITS 8 OVERLAYS!

fuck you all

Jan 27 2009, 2:37 am Biophysicist Post #62

I'm getting the impression that FTS isn't really enforcing the rules... He already approved my Arbiter, which has a chance to stun in its normal attack routine (and a bunch of useweapons), and Dweb, 2x Duke Siege attacks, 1x Tassadar/Zeratul attacks, and 2x Devourer attacks (or something like that) instead of Stasis Field. So you could probably get away with almost anything, assuming it isn't cheap like hero Archon attack spam.

None.

Jan 27 2009, 2:51 am ForTheSwarm Post #63

Quote from name:TassadarZeratul
instead of all its spells.

Fixed. Seeing as it's gonna cost 150-200 energy...

None.

Jan 27 2009, 3:00 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #64

👻 👾 👽 💪

Corbo, you whore, its overlays are sprites. :C

Can I steal a sprite from somewhere? ;o It'll only be used with some minor iscripting and that is all.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jan 27 2009, 4:12 am Biophysicist Post #65

Quote from ForTheSwarm
instead of all its spells.

Fixed. Seeing as it's gonna cost 150-200 energy...

Dude... Try the script in-game... It is really weak atm... The last thing it needs is an epic nerf...

None.

Jan 27 2009, 4:29 am Syphon Post #66

@EzDay: But right now, if we didn't raise the HP, I could take out most heroes in a few seconds if they happen to get to near me when I have full energy. (Granted, the Arbiter is pretty crappy when it's out of/low on energy...)

@above: ... You'd die once you attack...

...AND?

None.

Jan 27 2009, 4:57 am EzDay281 Post #67

So you could probably get away with almost anything, assuming it isn't cheap like hero Archon attack spam.
... how was what you mentioned not?
300 damage + 120 damage + 50 damage + 2x acid spores ( = ensnare and 6 more damage to normal attack per application ) = 470 damage at once, without the 1/8 chance. Bearing in mind he stated "one spell" ...
Mojo's air is a high-class attack, at 168 damage/shot and 22 cooldown. Tassatul, Zeratul, and Duke Tank are the only units with better - one is an Archon with 12 more damage, one is banned, and one is ground-only.

so we can only have 1 ground, 1 air, and 1 spell? and we cant just stack a bunch of useweapons? can we attack with weapon aswell as using a spell at the same time?
Basic recipe is 3x appropriate attack for ground/air, followed by a 1/8th random chance to cast spell of your choice. Only that one spell, it can't be more likely than 1/8, and no more than the 3x attack besides.

None.

Jan 27 2009, 5:35 am A_of-s_t Post #68

aka idmontie

I'll just make a unit htat utilizes a super cool plugin. Auto-win.

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Jan 27 2009, 6:43 am HailFire Post #69

Wish I'd seen this sooner, as it is, alas, probably too late for me to put something good together. Might participate in Round 2, might be able to scrape something together.

Is it at all possible to make a ground-only unit attack air without .dat editing?

None.

Jan 27 2009, 12:54 pm Symmetry Post #70

Dungeon Master

Quote from A_of-s_t
I'll just make a unit htat utilizes a super cool plugin. Auto-win.

Wouldn't be iscript only D:

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Jan 27 2009, 1:15 pm Hercanic Post #71

STF mod creator, Modcrafters.com admin, CampaignCreations.org staff

@Herc: Making an imba unit: Depends. If you just put a bunch of attackwith 1 or useweapon commands, no. If you have a unique/original idea that's powerful as fuck but not just spamming commands like that, then yes.
Quote from Hercanic
Heh, I could totally make an unbalanced unit while still following all the rules...

HailFire, this was just posted on the 25th. You are hardly late.

___

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jan 27 2009, 1:27 pm by Hercanic.

Jan 27 2009, 2:02 pm EzDay281 Post #72

Is it at all possible to make a ground-only unit attack air without .dat editing?
If you want to try splashing an air unit via your randcondjmp spell, yes. =P Otherwise, no.
If you have a unique/original idea that's powerful as fuck but not just spamming commands like that, then yes.
Not a problem. One method was already covered ( KK's use of attacking overlays. I thought of this a long time ago, since the concept'd been drifting around in my head long before SF's Marine squad unit )
Or there's what I had thought of, which I knew would be banned anyways - have my unit horrispam sprols until the sprite limit is maxed out, preventing anyone from attacking me. It would have been in the WalkingToIdle animation so I could stop it whenever I wanted, allowing me to attack.
I've also thought of a couple or few other ideas, but they fail to come to my ill and sleepy about-to-leave-for-school mind.
If Hercanic thinks he's thought of something good, I'll be afraid of him.

None.

Jan 27 2009, 5:16 pm Biophysicist Post #73

... how was what you mentioned not?
300 damage + 120 damage + 50 damage + 2x acid spores ( = ensnare and 6 more damage to normal attack per application ) = 470 damage at once, without the 1/8 chance. Bearing in mind he stated "one spell" ...
Mojo's air is a high-class attack, at 168 damage/shot and 22 cooldown. Tassatul, Zeratul, and Duke Tank are the only units with better - one is an Archon with 12 more damage, one is banned, and one is ground-only.
No... Against ground, it does 360 damage, because the Devourer's attack doesn't hit ground. Against air, it's retarded because the devourer's attack refuses to do damage when used in a spell that targets terrain, so it only does 60 damage and 2x acid spores. Also, it seems that the Archon's attack has a really small splash radius, because I have to hit right on the unit for it to do anything, which is hard to do when both me and the target are running. (The Stasis Field spell targets terrain, not units, so I have to manually aim it rather than just clicking on the target...) Also, there is an energy cost, remember? And my normal attack is really weak as well. Right now, FaRTy's Archon would be able to rape my Arbiter... In my tests, a single Tassadar/Zeratul Archon can demolish me unless I get really lucky.

Anyway, I didn't post that to start an argument about balancing, I posted that to say that FTS seems to be pretty flexible with the rules.

None.

Jan 27 2009, 6:39 pm HailFire Post #74

Assumption: If I take Wraith, I'm not allowed to cloak?

None.

Jan 27 2009, 6:41 pm Biophysicist Post #75

Correct.

None.

Jan 27 2009, 7:04 pm Symmetry Post #76

Dungeon Master

Against air, it's retarded because the devourer's attack refuses to do damage when used in a spell that targets terrain

It has no splash radius. Its corrosive acid splash is hardcoded, presumably.

Jan 27 2009, 7:08 pm Biophysicist Post #77

Quote from name:Killer_Kow
Against air, it's retarded because the devourer's attack refuses to do damage when used in a spell that targets terrain

I know. Now sign up!

None.

Jan 27 2009, 7:11 pm Symmetry Post #78

Dungeon Master

Quote from name:Killer_Kow

I know. Now sign up!

I already posted my entry.

Jan 27 2009, 8:17 pm HailFire Post #79

Put me in with Tom Kazansky/Wraith.

:sly:

None.

Jan 27 2009, 8:30 pm Biophysicist Post #80

Can I modify the Recall sprite? I just want to decrease the duration of the sprite. Also, can I borrow one of the doodad sprites?

And btw:
Farty- Archon/Tassadar/Zeratul
lol

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 67 >
  Back to forum