Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Discussion > Topic: Super Starcraft Modders Brawl
Super Starcraft Modders Brawl
Jan 26 2009, 1:07 am
By: ForTheSwarm
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 57 >

Jan 26 2009, 10:53 pm Biophysicist Post #41

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
I should totally edit Archon and take advantage of its two overlays. ;o
How do you plan to do that?

None.

Jan 26 2009, 10:54 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #42

👻 👾 👽 💪

Archon has two overlays... ;o And:
Quote from ForTheSwarm
Sure, you can edit overlays as long as the overlays don't somehow start attacking. :P

Though science vessel would be cool 'cause it is air and has an overlay...

Also, just to specify, saying yes to being able to edit overlays means I can also change overlay grps?

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jan 26 2009, 10:57 pm Biophysicist Post #43

Also, just to specify, saying yes to being able to edit overlays means I can also change grps?
Yes...

Archon has two overlays... ;o And:
I meant, "How would you take advantage of that?"

None.

Jan 26 2009, 10:59 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #44

👻 👾 👽 💪

To make something look cool. :P

I'll go with Archon.

EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jan 26 2009, 11:04 pm EzDay281 Post #45

Correct. Although FTS and I will give everything a lot more HP and modify stats for balancing. Now pick a unit!
Erwut.
Any information on just how much modifying there'll be?
I was considering Torrasque or Mojo for their super-high stats, but now I have to account for not necessarily having the most powerful base unit.

None.

Jan 26 2009, 11:09 pm Biophysicist Post #46

Basically, each unit gets it's HP and shields multiplied by 10 (so it won't be a 1shot frenzy), then possibly lowered if the unit is too OP. So not much.

Also, Torrasque wouldn't be that powerful due to not having an air attack...

None.

Jan 26 2009, 11:11 pm ForTheSwarm Post #47

I presume that you could give it an air attack by replacing the attackwith command with the useweapon command.

None.

Jan 26 2009, 11:17 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #48

👻 👾 👽 💪

Crap. Is there any way to edit special palette effects in images.dat or graphics turns or am I stuck with what I have? ;o
If not, I will be fine.. I can just do more interesting things with those.

Jan 26 2009, 11:24 pm EzDay281 Post #49

I presume that you could give it an air attack by replacing the attackwith command with the useweapon command.
A. There'd be no sprite. You wouldn't do damage.
B. If you can't target it, you can't directly attack it. If it doesn't do splash, it can't indirectly hit. Torrasque would still be unable to hit air.
Also, Torrasque wouldn't be that powerful due to not having an air attack...
I can always hope that people ignore me long enough for any air-users to die. ;P
(so it won't be a 1shot frenzy)
Except that ( excepting Infested Terran = lul? ) nothing does more than 600 damage? Hardly anything beats even 60, and most heroes have >400 hp. If anything, all this does is exagerate the difference between, say, Devouring One and Farty's Godchon.

None.

Jan 26 2009, 11:29 pm Syphon Post #50

I want scourge. ;o

None.

Jan 26 2009, 11:31 pm Biophysicist Post #51

@EzDay: But right now, if we didn't raise the HP, I could take out most heroes in a few seconds if they happen to get to near me when I have full energy. (Granted, the Arbiter is pretty crappy when it's out of/low on energy...)

@above: ... You'd die once you attack...

None.

Jan 26 2009, 11:53 pm Symmetry Post #52

Dungeon Master

I'm Marine/Raynor. Here's my entry:

SEKRET COAD

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Jan 26 2009, 11:57 pm ForTheSwarm Post #53

Yeah, I'm not accepting that. :<_<:

None.

Jan 27 2009, 12:00 am Symmetry Post #54

Dungeon Master

Quote from ForTheSwarm
Yeah, I'm not accepting that. :<_<:

It's not against the rules. I call BS.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Jan 27 2009, 12:12 am EzDay281 Post #55

If I call Gantrithor, would both my interceptor and main unit recieve the health bonus?
And/or would my single interceptor be infinitely replacable?

None.

Jan 27 2009, 12:13 am ForTheSwarm Post #56

Yes. I will also make sure you can rebuild an interceptor at no cost and with minimal time.

None.

Jan 27 2009, 12:26 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #57

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
Crap. Is there any way to edit special palette effects in images.dat or graphics turns or am I stuck with what I have? ;o
If not, I will be fine.. I can just do more interesting things with those.
So is there no images.dat editing at all (such as Graphics Turns)?
What I have in mind is setting the archon energy to graphics turn and the archon body to no graphics turns...
Unless I can just swap the usage.

Jan 27 2009, 12:29 am ForTheSwarm Post #58

Is it that important? Because if everyone did that, it would be a nightmare for me to put them all together.

And yes, units will be preplaced.

None.

Jan 27 2009, 12:31 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #59

👻 👾 👽 💪

It's just playing with flags... Even better would just to simply switch the archon sprites.dat entry from energy to the body. oshit... but the Clickable flag complicates that way...
Specific list of IDs and such == not so complicated?
Archon being is what moves based on direction and attacks, and then the energy is what is clicked ... It's quite backwards.

I might be able to do this with pure iscript... I'll play around.

Or I could just keep Archon similar to what it is ...

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 27 2009, 1:22 am by FaRTy1billion.

Jan 27 2009, 1:07 am RoryFenrir Post #60

so we can only have 1 ground, 1 air, and 1 spell? and we cant just stack a bunch of useweapons? can we attack with weapon aswell as using a spell at the same time?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 57 >
  Back to forum