Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Discussion > Topic: Super Starcraft Modders Brawl
Super Starcraft Modders Brawl
Jan 26 2009, 1:07 am
By: ForTheSwarm
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 7 >

Jan 27 2009, 11:23 pm ForTheSwarm Post #81

Why do you want to decrease the duration of the Recall sprite? And why do you want to borrow a doodad sprite?

None.

Jan 28 2009, 12:34 am Biophysicist Post #82

If you look in my spellcasting animation, there's a sprol command that creates a Recall sprite on the Arbiter. The problem is, if I move immediately after casting Stasis Field, the sprite doesn't move with the Arbiter ('cause it's a sprite) and just hangs there and looks weird. Lowering the duration of the sprite would fix this because the Arbiter wouldn't have time to move out from under the sprite.

I want to borrow a doodad sprite for animation stuff. It's only used for a visual effect.

None.

Jan 28 2009, 12:55 am ForTheSwarm Post #83

Fine. But I really don't want people going crazy with sprites because of the sprite limit.

I'm also changing my entry from Hydralisk to Infested Command Center. Yes, I can make it attack with iscript only. Don't ask how until after the contest is over. :P

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 28 2009, 1:05 am by ForTheSwarm.

None.

Jan 28 2009, 3:40 am Biophysicist Post #84

Useweapon in the idle/moving animation, or maybe the landing/liftoff animation.

We're not going to hit the sprite limit unless someone intentionally spams sprites to make that happen, btw.

None.

Jan 30 2009, 10:49 pm ForTheSwarm Post #85

Just a reminder that entries are due tonight. PM me with your .txt script attached.

None.

Jan 30 2009, 11:33 pm Biophysicist Post #86

OSHI-

How are we going to balance these crazy units?

None.

Jan 31 2009, 6:59 am HailFire Post #87

Ohshi-

I forgot to submit my entry. :hurr:

Ahh well, it was a crappy unit/I lag like shit on b.net.

Shall I submit it anyway, and someone else can fail with it for me? :P

None.

Jan 31 2009, 1:51 pm ForTheSwarm Post #88

Sure, why not? :P

None.

Jan 31 2009, 2:06 pm Biophysicist Post #89

Your Sunken Colony Storming Wraith Thing? That was cool, not crappy...

So, uh, FTS, my Arbiter's okay?

None.

Jan 31 2009, 2:47 pm Devourer Post #90

Hello

I re-donated 38 Minerals... the number 162 is a wierd price, now it's 200!
Oh, and I'm not sure if I join this round, maybe the next one.

EDIT: I'll make the arena-map-terrain :)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 31 2009, 3:53 pm by DeVouReR.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jan 31 2009, 4:27 pm HailFire Post #91

In preliminary tests, I pitted my one wraith against not ten, but TWELVE TZ-chons.

I got one down to 350 shield and the others to 400-550 shield, because I fail at microing. :hurr:

Also because while I'm trying to micro, I'll right-click on the enemy, and if the enemy's too close/wraith doesn't turn around fast enough, I'll click away, and the spell effect pops up right in the way of my own unit. :><:

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 31 2009, 4:35 pm by HailFire.

None.

Jan 31 2009, 4:28 pm ForTheSwarm Post #92

I pit my IFF against 10 of every hero that can attack air.

I lost. :P

None.

Jan 31 2009, 4:38 pm Biophysicist Post #93

Quote from HailFire
In preliminary tests, I pitted my one wraith against not ten, but TWELVE TZ-chons.

I got one down to 350 shield and the others to 400-550 shield, because I fail at microing. :hurr:
Well, I was only able to take on one T/Z archon, and that was only because it was too retarded to move out of my Dweb.When I took out Dweb (which is useless anyway), I did about as well as you did, FailHire. Play if you can, please.

Btw, in case FTS forgot to PM anyone, contest has been moved back a day bevaus no one got their entries in (excet me, lol). (Same time, right?)

None.

Jan 31 2009, 4:42 pm HailFire Post #94

Quote from name:TassadarZeratul
Quote from HailFire

Well, I was only able to take on one T/Z archon, and that was only because it was too retarded to move out of my Dweb.When I took out Dweb (which is useless anyway), I did about as well as you did, FailHire. Play if you can, please.

Btw, in case FTS forgot to PM anyone, contest has been moved back a day bevaus no one got their entries in (excet me, lol). (Same time, right?)

Pfft, we could do it tonight.

Or, if not enough people submit, a practice run tonight. :P

I can't think of anything else to add/am an iscript noob, so I'm mailing mine in now.

I also added 50 mins to the pot, unless the transfer fee fucked it up.

EDIT: By the way, when you plugged the spell effect in, it seems you only applied it to the ground attack (since I originally tested on hydras/battlecruisers).

Am I allowed to put it in the air and ground attacks at the same time?

None.

Jan 31 2009, 4:46 pm ForTheSwarm Post #95

I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Also, my IFF destroyed TZ's scout in another test.

None.

Jan 31 2009, 4:47 pm Biophysicist Post #96

Yes... I'm pretty sure I added it to both air and ground, but if not, just add randcondjmp 32 TZWINS (or w/e I named it) in the air attack block.

@above: FTS needed help with randcondjmp, and apparently I forgot to add the spell in his air attack.

None.

Jan 31 2009, 4:51 pm HailFire Post #97

Submitted my entry; please ensure it works. :cool:

None.

Jan 31 2009, 8:56 pm RoryFenrir Post #98

im having dificulties, my iscript isnt even working for my unit. I cant do much with out datedit...

Sorry i think im going to have to withdraw from this round, i wouldnt mind watching this though, i could probably learn something.

NExt time hopefully i have my mod done so i can work on it more.

None.

Jan 31 2009, 11:43 pm EzDay281 Post #99

Assuming you guys're talking about unmodded Tassatul Archons, and without the player-side 10x health adjustment, my Torrasque was, for the record, able to take out 1, and drop three others' shields. I don't know what I did to the rest.
Unfortunately, it was a rather tiring process that only worked because I threw his randcondjmp in his walking animation ( TFS never said we can't ) >.> He could have killed air just as well, but I don't feel like going to that trouble again... so I've gone with Mojo. Probably far less effective, but oh well.
I spent about a couple minutes working on either unit. I'm lazy.

None.

Jan 31 2009, 11:49 pm Biophysicist Post #100

@Rory: PM me the script, let's see if I can pull off a last-minute fix for ya.

@EzDay: Killing one T/Z archon is better than I was able to do...

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 7 >
  Back to forum