PyMS
Jun 15 2008, 11:11 pm
By: poiuy_qwert
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 612 >

Jul 31 2008, 8:00 pm poiuy_qwert Post #61

PyMS and ProTRG developer

Hercanic: I just do it for fun, the love of sc and mod making in general. Also I just like to help out. Im glad you've taken an interest in my programs, i hope you enjoy!

Da_Fenix: Which built in script editor? Im assuming you mean PyICE since its new and PyAI hasn't had the problem. Also were you selecting something when you hit tab? anything else you were doing at the time?

Jul 31 2008, 8:09 pm A_of-s_t Post #62

aka idmontie

In the past hour of using your new pyTRG editor, it crashed a record 8 times :P. Its usually when I edit tons of stuff really fast and when I use tab completion a lot.

Also, Im really confused on location use in pyTRG. Why can I only use 1 - 255 sometimes when there are 256 locations?

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Jul 31 2008, 8:17 pm Da_Fenix Post #63

Quote from poiuy_qwert
Hercanic: I just do it for fun, the love of sc and mod making in general. Also I just like to help out. Im glad you've taken an interest in my programs, i hope you enjoy!

Da_Fenix: Which built in script editor? Im assuming you mean PyICE since its new and PyAI hasn't had the problem. Also were you selecting something when you hit tab? anything else you were doing at the time?

on PyICE when i try to tab over to put in a new line

None.

Jul 31 2008, 8:20 pm poiuy_qwert Post #64

Are there error reports? I need them or steps to reproduce. I'll look into the tab-completion when i get home.

Its because FaRTy told my Location 0 is not a location (though now that I think about it he may have only been referring to TrigPlug). I'll change that if its wrong.

Da_Fenix: You mean you are at the start of a new line and you hit tab? Is it the last line or are there lines on either side of it? Sounds like tab-completion is unstable (same problems as A_of-s_t probably), i'll have it fixed asap.

Also, please remember to give me the error reports (though this time I might be able to find it myself). Its hard to find a needle in a bunch of haystacks :(

Jul 31 2008, 8:28 pm A_of-s_t Post #65

aka idmontie

There are no error reports, it just crashes.

Apparently, locations are 1-based, but your editor doesn't stay consistent with that. Also, if its 1-based, it should be 1 - 256, not 1 - 255.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Jul 31 2008, 8:35 pm Da_Fenix Post #66

i dosent give me a error report it closes PyICE completely with no explanation

None.

Jul 31 2008, 9:04 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #67

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from A_of-s_t

Apparently, locations are 1-based, but your editor doesn't stay consistent with that. Also, if its 1-based, it should be 1 - 256, not 1 - 255.
It is 1-255, more accurately 0-254.
In the trig format itself, 0 is No Location and 1-255 are Location 0 through 254.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jul 31 2008, 9:06 pm A_of-s_t Post #68

aka idmontie

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
Quote from A_of-s_t

It is 1-255, more accurately 0-254.
In the trig format itself, 0 is No Location and 1-255 are Location 0 through 254.
Strange, I could have sworn that there were 256 locations available. I'll have to do more testing in pyTRG to make sure I'm using my locations the right way.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Aug 1 2008, 5:02 pm poiuy_qwert Post #69

Just think of it like StarEdit, the first location you make is Location 0, the last is Location 254.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 2 2008, 4:46 am by poiuy_qwert.

Aug 2 2008, 2:58 am A_of-s_t Post #70

aka idmontie

How come when I type in Location 1 in your editor, it shows up as Location 2 in Farty's debug file?

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Aug 2 2008, 4:04 am poiuy_qwert Post #71

Maybe he counts Location 0 as 1?

Edit: Well i forgot how my own program worked lol. Locations in PyTRG are indexed by 0, its just there were some inconsistencies in the help text. Fixed now.

Also I fixed the PyICE crash Da_Fenix mentioned, but can't reproduce the PyTRG crashes... Got any more details on what you were doing when it crashed A_of-s_t?

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Aug 2 2008, 4:52 am by poiuy_qwert.

Aug 3 2008, 1:09 am A_of-s_t Post #72

aka idmontie

I was hitting backspace, tab, and enter a lot and it crashed.

pyICE is giving me errors about improper headers... I can't go from ICECC to pyICE?

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Aug 3 2008, 2:54 am Da_Fenix Post #73

PyICE wont let me import a script

None.

Aug 3 2008, 3:44 am poiuy_qwert Post #74

Da_Fenix: Thanks, that has been fixed.

A_of-s_t: Script? I'm not fully familiar with IceCC so there may be some differences still.

Aug 3 2008, 4:59 pm A_of-s_t Post #75

aka idmontie

It won't let me import scripts that have the correct headers -- yet it still gives me a header error.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Aug 3 2008, 7:42 pm poiuy_qwert Post #76

Import through the main window? That is related to the same problem Da_Fenix was having, which is fixed for next version. If not through the main window, then how are you importing? And what is the actual code?

Aug 4 2008, 12:10 am A_of-s_t Post #77

aka idmontie

Its the same problem, sorry :P. You really need to fix pyGRP though. I'll get the error file right now.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Aug 4 2008, 6:09 am poiuy_qwert Post #78

Ok I fixed PyGRP (fixed importing files and dealing with multiple frames in a single bmp).

Aug 8 2008, 9:02 pm I)eathBringer Post #79

I have a problem with PyICE:
if I edit an IScript, when I try to save it, the program gives me an error and, when I close it, the IScript isn't saved.
Help!

None.

Aug 9 2008, 10:24 pm poiuy_qwert Post #80

I cant help you because you didn't supply any real info. Could you please give me the error? I don't make the program show the error for no reason. And what about which entry you were editing? What code were you trying to save?

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 612 >
  Back to forum