PyMS
Jun 15 2008, 11:11 pm
By: poiuy_qwert
Pages: < 1 « 10 11 12

Jun 4 2009, 7:03 pm poiuy_qwert Post #221

PyMS and ProTRG developer

Hmm, I only have StarCraft's MPQ's to test on so I can't really test the speed on larger archives. I also don't see how opening a large MPQ would slow down the loading of a small MPQ after, but I'll look into it. Thanks!

I do check to make sure the MPQ is opened before operating on it, and all my tests correctly catch it. Which file did you try to open and did you already have an MPQ open at the time? If you could attach the file and paste the error that would be great!

Thanks for checking it out!

Jun 5 2009, 7:04 am ShadowFlare Post #222

The error:

Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Tkinter.pyc", line 1404, in __call__
File "PyMPQ.pyw", line 962, in open
File "PyMPQ.pyw", line 763, in list_files
File "Libs\SFmpq.pyc", line 351, in SFileListFiles
WindowsError: exception: access violation reading 0xB8A85FF4

I can't attach the file that causes the error, as it is around 4 GB (one of the WoW archives, which is one that my mpq dll cannot currently handle). Without looking at the code, I'm not sure at the moment what is different in WinMPQ that makes it catch it. I haven't been able to reproduce it with any other files I have, though. Note that when trying to open that archive in WinMPQ, it gives some message about it not being an MPQ archive. It is one, but is a different version of the format, I think, which is something that my mpq library doesn't support yet. I have details on the format but just haven't implemented it (I did start some work on it at some point).

None.

Jun 5 2009, 7:32 pm poiuy_qwert Post #223

Hmm... Well maybe I can catch you on MSN sometime and send you a little test program to see whats up?

Jun 9 2010, 12:25 pm Biophysicist Post #224

With the death of BWAI, I can't find a working download anywhere... Care to upload it here? :hurr:

None.

Jun 10 2010, 1:23 am poiuy_qwert Post #225

BWAI has been back for a while now :/

http://www.broodwarai.com/index.php?page=pyms

Aug 20 2019, 1:40 pm psyhotechnica Post #226

I get this error:
Load Error: Unsupported aiscript.bin 'C:/Users/Hermoroiderous/Desktop/scripts/My Campain Scrips/whatafuck.bin', could possibly be invalid or corrupt
What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: internal error:
File "Libs\AIBIN.pyc", line 514, in load_file
MemoryError

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 20 2019, 2:26 pm by psyhotechnica. Reason: additional information

None.

Apr 21 2020, 7:31 am IlyaSnopchenko Post #227

The Curious

Hello!

I have a little question regarding custom names and AI Scripts. While I was able to feed PYMS the units.dat / upgrades.dat / stat_txt.tbl from my campaign and it works with custom unit names fine, the same can't be said for upgrades. Usually all the non-standard upgrades are called "Unlimited", thus getting confused if the script were to be saved like this, but when I changed the name of a hidden upgrade, PYAI recognizes it on decompilation but doesn't when I attempt to save the script. Sure, I get around this by replacing the text string with the upgrade's number (45 in this case), but I'd like to know what I've been doing wrong.

P.S. It was the same with unedited strings too, since I used a throwaway string "Mining Delay:" for the upgrade's name, then edited it both for my own clarification, and because I thought it was the colon in the name that confused PYAI.

Attachments:
ai-upgrades.JPG
Hits: 2 Size: 220.29kb

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 21 2020, 7:36 am by IlyaSnopchenko.

Trial and error... mostly error.

Jan 28 2022, 10:29 pm UndeadStar Post #228

Today, when trying to use PyDAT (v2.2.2) to check some unit stats, I got a message telling me that my version of PyMS, 1.3.19, is older than the current version, 1.3.21.

First I wonder how that thing can connect to Internet and there's no option or config menu I know of to control that phenomenon.
Then I wonder about the mess in the versioning.
And finally when I go to check https://github.com/poiuyqwert/PyMS I see no "release", so I wonder how that message can even mean anything :teehee:

Jan 28 2022, 10:57 pm Nekron Post #229

There's no releases because you download it wholesale; versions are compared against Libs/versions.json, probably by analytics? but idk

Jan 29 2022, 12:57 am poiuy_qwert Post #230

The version check is fetching the versions.json directly from github and comparing the versions locally. Nothing is sent with the request, it's only getting the latest detail, and there is currently no way to disable it without modifying the code. It is not related to the analytics. The analytics only tracks launches of the apps and their versions with no identifiable information, and can be disabled. All those analytics details are described in the readme. The analytics is there to gives me a sense of usage, which provides motivation knowing people actually use the apps, as well as an indication of which app I should maybe focus on.

Sep 26 2022, 12:12 am poiuy_qwert Post #231

PyMS 2.0 is now officially released. Too many things to put in release notes, but a small selection of things:
- Expanded dat file support
- New Help system, not much content yet, looking for contributions from the community (the content can be viewed in app and online on the official github: https://github.com/poiuyqwert/PyMS/tree/master/Help )
- Lots of bug fixes and improvements
- Major refactor, which should make things more consistent and make it easier to add/improve things in the future
- Now defaults to using StormLib, with fallback to SFmpq
- New dependancy/compatibility checker to hopefully give better errors when trying to use PyMS without all required dependancies
- Tons of other things!

Please report any issues you run into, it has a lot of major changes but hopefully nothing too serious has broken

Download from the official github: https://github.com/poiuyqwert/PyMS

If anyone is interested in getting more involved, I do a lot of my development and interacting with the community on the SEN Discord.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 27 2022, 7:18 pm by poiuy_qwert.

Sep 27 2022, 5:19 am UndeadStar Post #232

PyDAT: No more sound play, no more graphics preview, paths switching / and \ when selecting them through a dialog (don't even happen consistently) in various places, trying to scroll up/down scroll left/right instead.
Urgh.
Good thing I mainly use it to check units stats right now, but if used more seriously, it would not be good.

Sep 27 2022, 4:37 pm poiuy_qwert Post #233

PyDAT
No more sound play: Hmm yeah I think this is happening for me too, I will look into it. Fixed (Though this does require your MPQ settings to be configured properly)
No more graphics preview: This seems to be working fine for me and some other users. Do you have your MPQ and Palette settings configured properly?
Paths switching / and \ when selecting them through a dialog: I'm not exactly sure what you mean here? Can you give more details, or step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce it?
Trying to scroll up/down scroll left/right instead: Where is this happening? What OS are you on? Are you using a mouse or trackpad? (Possibly fixed, see next post)

Also please try to watch the tone of your post. I work on these programs for free, for the communities benefit, during my limited spare time, and I can barely get 1 or 2 people to do minimal testing for me. Your post feels somewhat disrespectful and unappreciative, i'm sure you did not mean it to sound like that, but it is disheartening. Of course I want the programs to function and be the best they can be, but that really relies on the community using/testing the programs and providing feedback, like feature requests or bug reports (and the more detailed the bug reports the better).

That said, I do really appreciate the feedback, thank you!

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Sep 27 2022, 6:35 pm by poiuy_qwert.

Sep 27 2022, 6:35 pm poiuy_qwert Post #234

I have made an update to how PyMS detects horizontal scrolling (as well as fixes the sounds preview), which might fix your scrolling issue, please let me know.

Note that the UI kit used by PyMS represents horizontal scrolling as "holding shift while scrolling" (whether you scroll horizontally with a trackpad, or actually hold shift and scroll with the mouse wheel, there is no difference), so if you are still having this issue, you could check if for some reason your shift key is reported as held down (maybe your shift key is broken, or you have "Sticky Keys" enabled, or something)

Sep 27 2022, 6:42 pm UndeadStar Post #235

Sorry if it sounded wrong, I was just surprised many things got broken in a weird way at once, so I started a long enumeration. I indeed just wanted to provide a maximum of information and report that it could be more broken for other users than for me. Once again sorry if it came out wrong.

For / and \, upon seeing that things weren't working, I tried to check all links to various files (mpg, tbl, bin and all), and that's when \ and / would get switched when I re-selected the files. But as I mentioned, sometimes it would stay as before.
Examples:
- palettes paths and mpq paths use /, tbl paths and "other settings" use \.
- In MPQ selection, it formerly used \, adding manually use /, but "add default mpg use \.

For scrolls, selecting an item in any of the tabs (not sure if it's the technical word) then crolling up/down will produce that result if there's a horizontal scroll bar displaying. For Techdata and Portdata where there's no horizontal scroll bar, the mouse wheel just doesn't have any effect.
Tested on Windows 10 Pro.

Important: Now I wonder if the update may have deleted dependencies or something like that. I will look into that.

edit: "python2.7 -m pip install -r requirements.txt" used, effects:
Code
Installing collected packages: Pillow
 Found existing installation: Pillow 6.2.1
   Uninstalling Pillow-6.2.1:
     Successfully uninstalled Pillow-6.2.1
Successfully installed Pillow-5.3.0
You are using pip version 8.1.1, however version 22.2.2 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the 'python -m pip install --upgrade pip' command.

2. All issues seems to remain

So it wasn't that either apparently.
My Python version is the 2.7.12 as described in the Readme.

One bug I forgot to mentions before:
When in a "Add MPQ" file picking dialog box, the "All MPQ files" option that should display several extensions, display nothing.
Switching to a single extension type work.

I hope I have provided meaningful/useful information without phrasing it wrong this time.

Good luck.

edit: update just now showed lots of files and folders only existing in my install compared (through WinMerge) to content of archive, but this time I only updated file that had changed.
Sound and scroll are fixed.
Thank you.

Images are still broken.
Nothing visible in Sprites tab.
Images tab Check Buttons display this sort of things:
Code
 File "E:\Programmes\Python27\lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line 1537, in __call__
   return self.func(*args)
 File "E:\Starcraft modding\PyMS-master\PyMS\PyDAT\ImagesTab.py", line 38, in check_grp_ref
   self.check_used_by_references(grp_id, refs)
 File "E:\Starcraft modding\PyMS-master\PyMS\PyDAT\DATTab.py", line 85, in check_used_by_references
   self.used_by_data.extend(dat_refs.matching(self.toplevel.data_context, lookup_id))
AttributeError: 'tuple' object has no attribute 'matching'

Code
 File "E:\Programmes\Python27\lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line 1537, in __call__
   return self.func(*args)
 File "E:\Starcraft modding\PyMS-master\PyMS\PyDAT\ImagesTab.py", line 53, in check_iscript_ref
   self.check_used_by_references(iscript_id, refs)
 File "E:\Starcraft modding\PyMS-master\PyMS\PyDAT\DATTab.py", line 85, in check_used_by_references
   self.used_by_data.extend(dat_refs.matching(self.toplevel.data_context, lookup_id))
AttributeError: 'tuple' object has no attribute 'matching'

Seen on Broodling entry.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Sep 27 2022, 7:08 pm by UndeadStar.

Sep 27 2022, 7:17 pm poiuy_qwert Post #236

I understand, thanks for the feedback.

The slashes thing might be fine, though I can see where it's confusing. For one thing, "MPQ paths" generally always use \, so any file that is set to load from the MPQ's (the checkbox beside the entry) will be in that format. For paths to files on disk, Windows can use both / and \ interchangeably, and it looks like depending on how that path is retrieved, it might have one or the other. This shouldn't affect any functionality, but maybe I can look into normalize them so it's less confusing.

Also if you missed it, I made some updates already, so please check my replies above.

I'll take a look at your latest reports as soon as I can, thank you for the thorough feedback!

If you or anyone else is interested in getting more involved, I do a lot of my development and interacting with the community on the SEN Discord.

Sep 27 2022, 8:03 pm poiuy_qwert Post #237

Quote from UndeadStar
You should consider upgrading via the 'python -m pip install --upgrade pip' command.
This shouldn't be a big deal, since it installed the dependencies fine. You can upgrade pip if you would like.

Quote from UndeadStar
When in a "Add MPQ" file picking dialog box, the "All MPQ files" option that should display several extensions, display nothing.
Switching to a single extension type work.
I made a change which might fix this, let me know (I don't have a Windows machine to test myself). If this is not fixed, I'll see if someone on Discord can help me get it working for Windows.

Quote from UndeadStar
update just now showed lots of files and folders only existing in my install compared (through WinMerge) to content of archive, but this time I only updated file that had changed.
Yeah, you shouldn't really keep any files from your old installs, except for the Settings folder. It usually isn't a big deal, but this update made major changes to the folder and file structures. I would recommend installing to a new folder and just copying your Settings to the new install.

Quote from UndeadStar
Sound and scroll are fixed.
Thats good to hear!

Quote from UndeadStar
Images are still broken.
Nothing visible in Sprites tab.
Hmm, I may need to ask you to try some things to help me diagnose the issue. Would you be up for that?

Quote from UndeadStar
Images tab Check Buttons display this sort of things:
This should be fixed now!

Thanks for the feedback!

Mar 20 2023, 1:08 pm Revenant Post #238

I wonder why PyDAT.pyw is not running.

I will attach a screenshot of the error.

I want to experiment with data expansion, but only PyDAT.pyw doesn't run.

File "C:\PyMS-master\PyDAT.pyw", line 89, in <module>
main()
File "C:\PyMS-master\PyDAT.pyw", line 17, in main
gui = PyDAT()
File "C:\PyMS-master\PyMS\PyDAT\PyDAT.py", line 175, in __init__
page = tab(self.dattabs, self)
File "C:\PyMS-master\PyMS\PyDAT\UnitsTab.py", line 29, in __init__
self.dattabs.add_tab(tab(self.dattabs, toplevel, self), name)
File "C:\PyMS-master\PyMS\PyDAT\AIActionsUnitsTab.py", line 96, in __init__
bold = Font.fixed().bolded()
File "C:\PyMS-master\PyMS\Utilities\UIKit\Font.py", line 119, in bolded
return Font(family=self.family(), size=self.size(), bold=True, italic=self.is_italic(), underline=self.is_underlined(), overstrike=self.has_overstrike())
File "C:\PyMS-master\PyMS\Utilities\UIKit\Font.py", line 78, in __init__
_Fonts.Font.__init__(self, **options)
File "C:\Python27\lib\lib-tk\tkFont.py", line 74, in __init__
font = self._set(options)
File "C:\Python27\lib\lib-tk\tkFont.py", line 51, in _set
options.append(str(v))
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 0-2: ordinal not in range(128)

None.

Mar 22 2023, 5:32 pm poiuy_qwert Post #239

Hey Revenant,

It looks like the UI Toolkit that PyMS uses has some issues with unicode. Are you running on a system with a language other than english? The error is essentially saying it can't load a bold font to display text in the UI, possibly because the name of the font includes some unicode characters.

I'm not entirely sure how I would be able to fix this, especially since I'm not sure how to reproduce it. I'll see if I can think of a workaround.

Mar 23 2023, 11:45 am Revenant Post #240

I am running on a Korean system. Is this a problem? For reference, the location of PyMS is "C:\PyMS-master".

For reference, in the old version that was executed with the EXE extension, there was a problem that it could not be executed if there was a Korean language in the folder location. However, as I said before, when I set the location to "C:\PyMSWinEXE", it ran fine.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 10 11 12
  Back to forum