PyMS
Jun 15 2008, 11:11 pm
By: poiuy_qwert
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 712 >

Aug 10 2008, 11:36 am I)eathBringer Post #81

I want to modify IScript 244 (Unknown244).
The error appears when I press the "Save" button in the IScript Editor.
The error is:
Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python25\lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line 1403, in __call__
return self.func(*args)
File "C:\Micky- Immagini e non solo\StarCraft\Programmi\PyMSv0.1b\PyICE.pyw", line 723, in save
if self.parent.iimport(iimport=self, parent=self):
TypeError: iimport() got an unexpected keyword argument 'iimport'

Aug 10 2008, 5:31 pm poiuy_qwert Post #82

PyMS and ProTRG developer

Thank you. This has been fixed. I'll send you the fixed version if you like or you can wait till the next official update.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 18 2008, 10:39 pm by poiuy_qwert.

Aug 10 2008, 6:35 pm I)eathBringer Post #83

thx a lot! I'll w8 the official update

None.

Aug 11 2008, 1:58 am Da_Fenix Post #84

crap accidental post

None.

Aug 15 2008, 6:44 pm poiuy_qwert Post #85

Next release will have a FNT editor (unencrypted fonts only). Currently opening and saving are done, and here is an example font8.fnt export:

Aug 15 2008, 10:42 pm A_of-s_t Post #86

aka idmontie

O yeah. Now time to make some cursive font and really screw people's communication.

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Aug 18 2008, 6:19 pm poiuy_qwert Post #87

Ok here is what PyFNT looks like currently. For now the plan is to only let you preview characters, and export to/import from bmp's to edit the font. Later there may be the possibility of have basic MSPaint like editing features, but they would be very basic so I dont really see the point. Anyway here you go:

Aug 27 2008, 11:07 pm poiuy_qwert Post #88

I have released the new PyMS v0.1e which contains bug fixes, new features, and the all new PyFNT shown above. As always you can check out the PyMS forums here, or you can check out the new PyMS page!

Aug 31 2008, 3:12 am Da_Fenix Post #89

it will let me import some of the scripts i made (think i fixed it). after . import a few scripts it wont let me save

i dont know if this is just me but it wont let me exit out of any PyMS program without using endnow, it says it is unable to find a .txt in the name of the profile

None.

Aug 31 2008, 12:44 pm Doodle77 Post #90

When I try to save in PyICE I get this error:
Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "E:\Python26\lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line 1403, in __call__
return self.func(*args)
File "E:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\mods\PyMS\PyICE.pyw", line 1480, in save
self.ibin.compile(self.file)
File "E:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\mods\PyMS\Libs\IScriptBIN.py", line 1052, in compile
code += struct.pack('<H',offsets[v])
KeyError: 20023

Also:

E:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\mods\PyMS>python PyICE.pyw -b ..
\..\iscript.bin -c ..\..\zealot.txt
Loading weapons.dat 'E:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\mods\PyMS\L
ibs\Default\weapons.dat', images.dat 'E:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\De
sktop\mods\PyMS\Libs\Default\sprites.dat', sprites.dat 'E:\Documents and Setting
s\Administrator\Desktop\mods\PyMS\Libs\Default\images.dat', sdxdata.dat 'E:\Docu
ments and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\mods\PyMS\Libs\Default\sfxdata.dat', st
at_txt.tbl 'E:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\mods\PyMS\Libs\Defau
lt\stat_txt.tbl', images.tbl 'E:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\mo
ds\PyMS\Libs\Default\images.tbl', and sfxdata.tbl 'E:\Documents and Settings\Adm
inistrator\Desktop\mods\PyMS\Libs\Default\sfxdata.tbl'
Load Error: 'E:\Documents and
Settings\Administrator\Desktop\mods\PyMS\Libs\Default\sprites.dat'
is an invalid images.dat file (the file size must be 37962, but got
a file with size 3229)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 31 2008, 4:04 pm by Doodle77.

None.

Aug 31 2008, 6:21 pm poiuy_qwert Post #91

Da_Fenix: Sounds like the PyICE error might be the same as Doodles, i'll look into it. If i can get the scripts you imported and the error reports that would help a lot.
Weird, noone has ever had that problem... I should be able to fix the problem without it, but can i get the exact error report?

Doodle: Ok, i'll look into it. Can I get the iscript.bin and the script(s) you were working on?

Thanks for the bug reports!

Sep 1 2008, 3:42 am Da_Fenix Post #92

one more thing when i go onto the custom files menu it makes me chose a .dat file for everything including the tbls

None.

Sep 1 2008, 3:58 am poiuy_qwert Post #93

Thanks, that has been fixed for the next version.

Sep 21 2008, 10:28 pm Doodle77 Post #94

Quote from poiuy_qwert
Doodle: Ok, i'll look into it. Can I get the iscript.bin and the script(s) you were working on?
Try to change anything.

Attachments:
newiscript.bin
Hits: 1 Size: 39.4kb

None.

Sep 22 2008, 5:36 am Hercanic Post #95

STF mod creator, Modcrafters.com admin, CampaignCreations.org staff

404 error with the new page. I'd like to download the tool, but it's not clear where I can grab the most current version.

Edit:
Found this page. Do we need to run this in a command prompt? How do we start this application?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 22 2008, 5:42 am by Hercanic.

Sep 22 2008, 7:28 am bajadulce Post #96

Glad you found the right pages. Ya, poiuy also revamped our site's pages to integrate with our php database so those old .html pages are somewhat history.

Each program has it's own help tab that points to a page contained in PyMS documents folder. I wish there were some detailed tutorials I could point you to, but you'll find the programs very user friendly especially now that the program is a GUI. Any obscure function is pretty much accounted for either in buttons or info box w/ cursor. An online version of the document pages would be here too in case you missed that link.

None.

Sep 22 2008, 6:28 pm Hercanic Post #97

But how do I run the program? I downloaded PyMS v0.1e (Updated August 27, 2008) from the site. Inside are a bunch of *.pyw files, a *.txt, and five folders. No EXE or anything indicating where or how I start.

Sep 22 2008, 7:09 pm poiuy_qwert Post #98

Yes the documentation is very lacking currently, but there should be enough info to get the programs running and allow you to work with them. The docs (in Docs folder or as baja said here online) where written assuming command line usage, but they have basic installation instructions and command line usage. To use them as GUI's; after following the installation instructions, the *.pyw files will act like an excutable, just double click to run.

In short:
1) Download PyMS and extract it somewhere
2) Install Python 2.5+
3) Double click one of the *.pyw's to run

Sep 22 2008, 7:18 pm Hercanic Post #99

I see. Can they run without Python installed? If so, do you then need to use an MS-DOS Command Line? If so, what about including a *.BAT or somesuch that'll auto-run the necessary command line instructions? That way, it's more accessable and less confusing for the end-user.

Sep 22 2008, 8:12 pm poiuy_qwert Post #100

There is no way to run them without python. One thing im looking into though for Windows users is using something called py2exe which compiles all the python stuff essential to running PyMS into a zip and, then gives an exe to run them. But i've been waiting to look into it because its a hassle, and im not even entirely sure how it would work with the way PyMS is set up.

I don't think its that confusing currently anyway. Just install python and its exactly like the *.pyw's are exe's (except to run them through command line it would be "python Py*.pyw -options" instead of just "Py*.pyw -options").

Options
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 712 >
  Back to forum