Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Discussion > Topic: Firegraft Update Discussion
Firegraft Update Discussion
May 22 2008, 4:24 am
By: Fyrinite
Pages: < 1 2 3 48 >

May 30 2008, 5:11 am A_of-s_t Post #21

aka idmontie

Ah. Okay. Can you also include a help file on how to make .fga's and .qdp's? :P

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

May 30 2008, 7:39 pm Fyrinite Post #22

Yes, of course. I'll focus mainly on the FG plugins(which don't always need .fga as their extension. I sometimes keep them as .dll), but since I used the .qdp format as a basis on making the plugins, the info will apply to both fairly easily.

None.

May 31 2008, 12:12 am NirvanaJung Post #23

I don't know someone asked before as like me i have one inconvenient for working in the box of Requirement Editor
i'd like to see multiple selecting to copy & paste several lines in the Requirement box , not only one

btw, this is not about this thread exactly but i want to know if you could it or not
in my mod (Threekingdoms) i'm Considering make an Hero System Which able to make a unit for only one

so i'm aksing you about Reverse unit conditons from current system

In Firegraft, there is no conditons to make unit exists a single one current SC system
I want see complete and concise Hero System in FG without use Triggers
just like this ....
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Current unit must Not exists
% unit
and other conditions
---------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks

None.

May 31 2008, 12:19 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #24

👻 👾 👽 💪

(As an addition to the previous suggestion, as I'd like it too.)
Would it be possible at all (at the very least through plugins) to create some sort of ASM injection system (or something that may work) for custom requirements in situations such as this?

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

May 31 2008, 9:20 pm Fyrinite Post #25

Copy paste for multiple items is very hard to do, mainly because I don't support selecting more than 1 item. I know it would be useful, but I can't seem to think of a way to code it where it wouldn't cause major problems with editing.

Also, for the requirements, I plan on actually rewriting that function myself for a plugin. There are a number of things that I'd like to add to it.

None.

May 31 2008, 9:24 pm A_of-s_t Post #26

aka idmontie

I just realized that when you try to emulate a button that changes a button set for a unit, it links to a unit and its button set. It doesn't actually link to a button set itself. Can you change this? I hate having to use a unit every time I want a sub-button set.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

May 31 2008, 9:29 pm Fyrinite Post #27

Nope, that's SC that does it, not me. I toyed around with the possibility of adding additional virtual units, but it didn't really get anywhere yet. I might look into it again.

None.

May 31 2008, 9:32 pm A_of-s_t Post #28

aka idmontie

Hmmm.. darn. I was hoping that you did that :P. I guess virtual units would be nice.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Jun 1 2008, 7:59 pm poiuy_qwert Post #29

PyMS and ProTRG developer

My suggestion was going to be for a way to inject ASM without the need for writing an individual plugin for it, but it looks like you already plan to do it so yay! Thanks for all your hard work DoA!!

Jun 5 2008, 7:29 pm bajadulce Post #30

here are some things that I have experienced.. some i'm sure are insignificant. My descriptions may be vague as well, as these are things that I remember. FG not on this comp.

* sometimes the remove item/add item funcion stops working and you have to switch tabs and come back to get it to work again.

* the "is researched" opcode unit requirement will not bring up the "tech" parameters for the parameter pull down menu. You have to highlight something else and then come back to see the list of techs. Also, once you have the tech's for requirements the same applies to units... <--confusing I know sorry.

* upgrading from 1.15. FG to 1.15.1 FG Kills the exe edits. but that is due to the nature of them I imagine.

there are some other really small hicups that I've experienced, but nothing comes immediately to mind right now. they were obviously not that big of a deal. The program and interface are so user friendly tho and that's really a big plus. The way things are layed out and the ease of updating/modifying entries is effortless. Buttons disappear when you delete them and everything automatically adjusts accordingly. How did modders ever get by without these features? :P

I'm looking forward to the new 1.15.2 version. I have some ideas for a grafted Ai that I never got around to writing.

None.

Jun 5 2008, 8:39 pm Fyrinite Post #31

Thanks for those. The exe edits are something I'm working on so that at the bare minimum you can switch back to the version and still have the changes.

As for the other two, I can't really recall having ever seen them myself. If anyone can, could I have steps for recreating those problems?

None.

Jun 6 2008, 12:27 am A_of-s_t Post #32

aka idmontie

They happen all the time. The first one happens to me every time I open FG. Simply make a new .exe and go directly to the dat edit tab. Most functions fail to work such as the delete and create options.

The second one happens the same way. The two just happen normally.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Jun 8 2008, 7:13 pm Fyrinite Post #33

For the Dat Req tab having functions not working, I guess I'd already known that the remove function didn't work always(I've got the code marked as a bug...:P). Add seems to be fine...if someone has different please let me know.

When you say the second one happens the same way, I need more defined steps to figuring it out. If I could get a set of steps, I can recreate the problem, which allows me to also see where in the code has the problem. So far my attempts to recreate it have all seemed to work.

EDIT - Okay, I got it now. I was only checking on existing opcodes where it would always run the proper code. Adding a new one does mess it up when going from opcode to param...along with the other entry not being reverted to unit. Will fix that....

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 8 2008, 7:19 pm by DiscipleOfAdun.

None.

Jun 11 2008, 3:33 pm bajadulce Post #34

ok glad you were able to figure out my confusing description of that problem.

Also, not to turn this into a bug reporting thread, as I imagine you were instead looking for suggestions, but here's another little quark that isn't that big of a deal, but nonetheless happens:
In exe edits/ Starting units: If you try to change any one of these starting units ALL of them get changed making it impossible to have mixed units of say a vulture, 2 dropships, and an SCV. Basically change any of the properties of one and the other 3 change automatically as well. The way around this is to UNCHECK the box "use exe edit links" then do your desired modifications and then RECHECK that box. At least that was the workaround I found. Not a big deal, but could cause a lot of frustration for someone who didn't think to try this.

Looking forward to v1.15.2 version. I'm currently working on a project that would really be nice to have working with the current SC. I am using a downgrader incorporated in the mod that takes advantage of Shadowflare's no-cd crack and 1.15.2's broodwar.mpq, and it's working fantastic, but it would be nice not to have to include this extra step.

None.

Jun 11 2008, 5:41 pm Fyrinite Post #35

That's exactly how the exe edits are supposed to function. It's simple enough once explained. However, you're right, someone who doesn't know about it is kinda annoying.

I don't mind hearing about bugs. The opcode one i wouldn't have really ever noticed if I hadn't been told about it. I'd just go along recoding sequences that I thought worked without knowing if that there was a problem.

None.

Jun 17 2008, 10:42 pm redspike Post #36

There used to be a scm map that was larger than the possible map size like 1024 x 1024 . and it required a exe patch (i think was 1.14 ) to play it.
could you add this to the exe edits part. would be useful, thou im not sure how easy it would be to add , but you did want suggestions :P.
I would like to say i think firegraft is a excellent program. and i find it very usefull. Big thanks for its continueing development !

None.

Jun 18 2008, 3:45 pm poiuy_qwert Post #37

PyMS and ProTRG developer

That would be cool to be able to exceed the map size limit, never heard of that before. DoA, do you have some estimate to the progress of FG currently? I know its not easy to tell but any guess would satisfy me. And you are for sure finishing up the plugin system? Also if you are, will you be including the easy ASM injector plugin with it or in an update/seperate? Thanks for all your hard work, we love you DoA!

Jun 19 2008, 2:14 am A_of-s_t Post #38

aka idmontie

Actually... the plugin system is really easy to use already -- once you get the hang of it.

PS poiuy_qwert, PM me if you still want plug-in information.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Jun 19 2008, 2:49 am Fyrinite Post #39

Just so you guys know, the way the plugins exist now 'should' still work with the new version, I only plan on adding a couple of functions to interface with FG better.

No good estimate on time yet, unfortunately. maybe in a while once more gets done. :P

None.

Jul 12 2008, 11:22 pm Fyrinite Post #40

UPDATE:

Okay, I have a better guess now. I think I can finish it up in a month, maybe less. I did a ton of work on it today, I've got the basics of internal storage finally working, plus Undo is very, very nice. It sometimes glitches out and puts more than 1 copy of a change in the buffer, but I'm going to ignore that for now.

Now for the harder stuff, adding and removing things...and then the exe edits...then opening files...and then saving...and then a couple of small other things...

As always, ideas or suggestions are appreciated. I'll put more up on things later, I've got to go now.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 48 >
  Back to forum