Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Theory and Ideas > Topic: New Trigger Actions!
New Trigger Actions!
Apr 2 2008, 3:26 am
By: O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
Pages: < 1 « 7 8 9 10 1113 >

Jul 7 2008, 9:13 am ekddl4578 Post #161

Thanks for answering my question :D I've looked your explanation very carefully though,

I think I misunderstood you between some words..in the action No.6 I understand 'string' as the limitation

of the quntities of words can be written.like in SCM2 scenario - Strings.is it right? or maybe that's because I don't exactly

know what modding is.. and in th action No.5 first I thought you were talking about set deathes in action trigger which

is currently used but it doesn't make sense If I thought so.. do I just get it wrong about DCmath or just because

My english is too bad to understand it? and something written ... is that it very difficult for me

that I can't dare tranlate... :-(

None.

Jul 7 2008, 12:53 pm poiuy_qwert Post #162

PyMS and ProTRG developer

String is a word used in computer science to mean a bunch of letters put together to form a sentence or something else. So String is almost the same as saying sentence, but a string could also contain a whole paragraph, or more depending on what you are using them in/for.

DCMath is used to do math using two different death counts. Currently StarCraft only lets you Add, Subtract, or Set death counters with pre-set already know values. With this you can add the two values in the death counts, and you dont need to do any long fancy workarounds like binary-count offs.

Hope that helps!

Jul 7 2008, 5:45 pm Lt.Church Post #163

• 9. SetGameSpeed - Sets the game speed & Multiplier.
  • 13. SetUnitHP - Sets unit HP to a raw value. *Still testing.
  • 14. SetUnitShields - Sets unit shields to a raw value. *Still testing.
  • 15. SetPlayerVision - Sets vision for specified player(s). Allows for players 9-12.
those will be extremely useful to me aswell(not as much the vision one but still useful) also the ones i was previously talking about allowing location moving by grid and resizing/recrating i used to have a map i made a few versions back having changing gamespeed ingame until the bug i used was fixed smelly blizzard i'd be rly useful for a matrix map, like to go into bullettime it;'d slow down everything but give you a faster ver of a unit you already have like zergling->hero ling =P bullets being scouts or scourges lol at the very least i'd be fun to watch the shield and hp one would be good for alot of things, RPGs, original maps in which u need to set hp and the %values suck =P.

None.

Jul 7 2008, 6:58 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #164

👻 👾 👽 💪

Please use periods, that wall of text was rather confusing to read. :wtfage:

Quote from Lt.Church
also the ones i was previously talking about allowing location moving by grid and resizing/recrating
You could use the SetLocationFromDeath and increment the death count by 32 to move it according to the grid.

Hm. Does anyone have a simple idea for editing unitnode values? HP and shields currently are thier own... but for status effects there is quite a few of them... Same goes for .dat values. Should I just add a trigger for every value? Perhaps I should add a trigger for groups of values... SetUnitsDatValue(SetValue, Modifier, Number); and SetUnitsDatFlags(SetFlag, State);

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jul 7 2008, 7:10 pm by FaRTy1billion.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jul 7 2008, 7:43 pm poiuy_qwert Post #165

I think you should just make a few actions that edit the most usefull basic things like health and shields, then an action that acts like SetMemoryLocation except you give it an owner, unit type, location, and offset. It would calculate the unitnode memory location for the unit matching the criteria, then just add the offset to it to give the value to change.

Edit: I think i may have misunderstood your idea for SetUnitDatValue() posted above. If you meant that you could choose which value to set in the unit node by an index (SetValue), then that seems good.

Jul 7 2008, 7:55 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #166

👻 👾 👽 💪

What are some nice unitnode entries to edit? (unitnode struct.)

Ones I have listed are:
+0xC0 - BYTE bSpidermineCount
+0xA2 - WORD wEnergy
+0x110 - WORD wRemoveTimer
+0x112 - WORD wDMatrixDamage
+0x114 - BYTE bDMatrixTimer
+0x115 - BYTE bStimTimer
+0x116 - BYTE bEnsnareTimer
+0x117 - BTYE bLockdownTimer
+0x118 - BYTE bIrradiateTimer
+0x119 - BYTE bStatisTimer
+0x11A - BYTE bPlagueTimer
+0x121 - BYTE bParasiteFlags
+0x123 - BYTE bIsBlind
+0x124 - BYTE bMaelstromCounter
+0x126 - BYTE bAcidSporeCount
+0x127 - BYTE bAcidSpore1Time
+0x128 - BYTE bAcidSpore2Time
+0x129 - BYTE bAcidSpore3Time
+0x12A - BYTE bAcidSpore4Time
+0x12B - BYTE bAcidSpore5Time
+0x12C - BYTE bAcidSpore6Time
+0x12D - BYTE bAcidSpore7Time
+0x12E - BYTE bAcidSpore8Time
+0x12F - BYTE bAcidSpore9Time

Quote from poiuy_qwert
Edit: I think i may have misunderstood your idea for SetUnitDatValue() posted above. If you meant that you could choose which value to set in the unit node by an index (SetValue), then that seems good.
Yeah. Like you'd do SetUnitDatValue(GroundWeapon, SetTo, 2);

EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jul 7 2008, 8:03 pm poiuy_qwert Post #167

Well I like the SetUnitDatValue() way, or if not then my suggestion about using only an offset. I just think there shouldn't be a million actions for setting every different thing.

Jul 7 2008, 8:08 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #168

👻 👾 👽 💪

lol, I forgot to include which entry to edit. xP
SetUnitDatValue(Unit, SetValue, Modifier, Number);

I'll probably just do that. I'll use a switch for the offset to edit... not everything is the same data size (which is why just an offset wouldn't work.)

Jul 7 2008, 8:11 pm poiuy_qwert Post #169

I know they arn't all the same size, im just lazy and if i were you i would have made the user use multiple of the action to set values that are more then one byte :P

Edit: Also if you wanted to know my trigger editor isn't designed for the parameters to be able to change depending on the other parameters, so the restrictions on the value wouldn't be specific to what you are changing (what i mean is usually if a user puts 256 in a Byte parameter it will throw an error, but since the value can now be a byte, or a short, or a long depending on which value you are setting, it will have to be a generic max size error).

Jul 7 2008, 8:14 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #170

👻 👾 👽 💪

lol, I am trying to make this somewhat nice to use. :P

Jul 7 2008, 8:17 pm poiuy_qwert Post #171

Yeah, thats why I think your idea is better. Mine was ease of implementation not use. (also if you missed it I edited my above post)

Jul 7 2008, 8:37 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #172

👻 👾 👽 💪

The input will just be a long. C++ is nice about number too big for the type... it will only read enough to fill whatever type I need, so it wont even know there is other numbers. So if you put 65535 in a byte value, it will just see 255.
I could make it input raw numbers and package some reference lists.

Jul 7 2008, 9:26 pm ClansAreForGays Post #173

Without going through these 9 pages, could someone tell me exactly what you guys are all talking about? The first post is an aprils fool joke so it doesn't give me much, but I get the feeling it's turning it something do-able. Just a summary would b nice.

Jul 7 2008, 9:28 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #174

👻 👾 👽 💪

I updated first post with details a few days ago...

This is about the only point of interest in all 9 pages. (It's about 9 pages of people asking if it is real, if they can have it, etc.)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 7 2008, 9:34 pm by FaRTy1billion. Reason: lul, I said topics.

Jul 7 2008, 10:23 pm ekddl4578 Post #175

what is the difference between setmemorylocation

and copymemorylocation? setmemory location might

be specifying EUD on condition... and could you tell me some advantage

of using DisplaStat_TxtString because I get it hard... and does

DCMath mean you can also do such as multiplying or dividing?

If SetLocationFromdeath Can change size of location or move location

to grid by adding 32 what SetLocationTo can do unlike SetLocationFromDeath?

and SetUnitTarget is it like set units attack depending on Grid?

None.

Jul 7 2008, 10:34 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #176

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from ekddl4578
what is the difference between setmemorylocation and copymemorylocation? setmemory location might be specifying EUD on condition...
SetMemory will set an offset's value to a specific number. CopyMemory will move the value from one offset to another (or add/subtract them.)

Quote from ekddl4578
and could you tell me some advantage of using DisplaStat_TxtString because I get it hard...
This trigger is actually intended for modding. Every game type has a trigger file, and sometimes when modding people want to edit them. Well, the modding triggers normally cannot use locations or strings because it is only trigger data. This allows for displaying a string from the stat_txt.tbl file (which is a file that contains strings.) If you are using this just for mapping, this action wont be necessary.

Quote from ekddl4578
and doesDCMath mean you can also do such as multiplying or dividing?
Yes.

Quote from ekddl4578
If SetLocationFromdeath Can change size of location or move location to grid by adding 32 what SetLocationTo can do unlike SetLocationFromDeath?
SetLocationTo uses specific values for setting properties while SetLocationFromDeath will use a value read from a death count (meaning that you can use math functions on that death and then move the location accordingly.)

Quote from ekddl4578
and SetUnitTarget is it like set units attack depending on Grid?
Well, in the normal Order action, you have one of three orders (move, patrol, attack) and you specify a target location. SetUnitOrder allows for any order, and not every order needs a target (such as hold position or stop.) Because of this, I put SetUnitTarget as a seperate action for specifying the order's target. So if you set the order to, say, Infest Command Center you would need to target a command center for it to work. So you would use SetUnitTarget on a Command Center at a location, and then the queen would know to go to that command center and attempt to infest it.
(I hope this answers your question...)

Jul 8 2008, 3:27 am Lt.Church Post #177

would SetUnitOrder work for getting upgrades/evolutions?

None.

Jul 8 2008, 4:05 am ekddl4578 Post #178

so the difference between SetUnitTarget and SendUnitOrder is whether there needs a target or not. is it right?

and if you can infest command Center by queen at specific location by only using SetUnitTarget, what SetUnitTargetToUnit and SetUnitTargetToLocation do

unlike SetUnitTarget? though it seemed to be similler each other a bit..

and how exactly does CompareMemoryLocations compare between two address? if it's same or different?

None.

Jul 8 2008, 12:53 pm poiuy_qwert Post #179

Quote from ekddl4578
so the difference between SetUnitTarget and SendUnitOrder is whether there needs a target or not. is it right?

and if you can infest command Center by queen at specific location by only using SetUnitTarget, what SetUnitTargetToUnit and SetUnitTargetToLocation do

unlike SetUnitTarget? though it seemed to be similler each other a bit..

No, the SetUnitOrder command gives the unit the order, but since some commands require a target, you have to set the target seperately. Some orders require a unit, so you would SetUnitTargetToUnit, but some only need somewhere to target (like psi storm, you can cast it in the middle of nowhere if you want) so you would SetUnitTargetToLocation or SetUnitTarget (takes x,y coordinates).

and how exactly does CompareMemoryLocations compare between two address? if it's same or different?

Yes. It checks "Does this memory location have the same value as this memory location?"

Jul 10 2008, 12:18 am ekddl4578 Post #180

are these explanation and e.g correct?

11. SendUnitOrder - Sends a raw orders.dat ID to the specified unit(s). = Give Units a Private Order e.g marine's Stimpack , ghost's Clocking

12. SetUnitTargetToUnit - Sets unit target to a unit. = It requires specific Target e.g Medic's Optical Flare , Vulture's Spider Mine

13. SetUnitTargetToLocation - Sets unit target to a location = Cast spells or actions on a chosen Location e.g attack to Location1 , Stasis Field at Location1

14. SetUnitTarget - Sets unit target to a set of raw coordinates. = Similar to Set UnitTarget but it is based on X,Y according to Math Fuction e.g Psi strom at (32,64)

and SendUnitOrder = SetUnitOrder. is it? I'm getting better in understanding :D

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 7 8 9 10 1113 >
  Back to forum