Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Theory and Ideas > Topic: New Trigger Actions!
New Trigger Actions!
Apr 2 2008, 3:26 am
By: O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
Pages: < 1 « 9 10 11 12 13 >

Jul 28 2008, 12:31 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #201

👻 👾 👽 💪

Here is how it is in my trigger editor (currently only displays triggers, does not parse them)...
SetMemoryLocation(Address, Modifier, Value, Flags)
CopyMemoryLocation(BaseAddress, Modifier, SecondAddress, Flags)
SetLocationTo(Location, X1, Y1, X2, Y2, LocFlags, SetProps, Flags)
SetGameSpeed(Speed, Multiplier, Flags)
SetSupplyValue(Player, SupplyValue, Modifier, Number, Flags)

LocFlags are things like Disable Low Ground, Disable Medium Ground, Disable High Air, etc.
LocProps are X1, Y1, X2, Y2, Flags
SupplyValues are things like Zerg Available, Terran Available, Protoss Max.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jul 28 2008, 4:03 pm A_of-s_t Post #202

aka idmontie

The multiplier works like in Starcraft's replays, right?

And are you going to add 1.15.1 support?

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Jul 29 2008, 6:42 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #203

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from A_of-s_t

The multiplier works like in Starcraft's replays, right?

And are you going to add 1.15.1 support?
Yes, and most likely. Once I get a stable and complete (to whatever degree I decide), I'll do whatever version is requested.

EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jul 30 2008, 4:34 pm Bolshevik Post #204

I vote yes to breast cancer...

oh and yea go farty

None.

Jul 31 2008, 8:04 pm A_of-s_t Post #205

aka idmontie

Either your plugin or poiuy_qwert's editor are messing up locations. I input Location 1, and your debugger text document says it was 2. It makes editing locations quite confusing. I'll talk to poiuy about it as well.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Jul 31 2008, 9:00 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #206

👻 👾 👽 💪

Hmm. Well, the trigger format is that if a location is 0 it is no location, 1 = location 0, 2 = location 1, etc. All my plugin does it multiply it be 20 and write the table. So the location naming is 0-based (in editors, at least. I don't know about PyTrg), but my plugin shows the raw values. So if PyTrg inputs them 0-based, then it will show as +1 in the debug.

If you want I can send you what I have done of my trigger editor and you could see it how it would appear in an actual editor.

Aug 2 2008, 4:35 am poiuy_qwert Post #207

PyMS and ProTRG developer

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
If you want I can send you what I have done of my trigger editor and you could see it how it would appear in an actual editor.

What do you mean by that?

Aug 2 2008, 6:25 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #208

👻 👾 👽 💪

I have no idea. :P That day I had my wisdom teeth out and was really out of it. I don't even remember posting that.

Aug 2 2008, 7:53 pm poiuy_qwert Post #209

Any new updates? :(

Aug 2 2008, 8:36 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #210

👻 👾 👽 💪

no, I'd been working on TinyMap. I guess I could work on special player handling now...

Aug 3 2008, 1:54 am A_of-s_t Post #211

aka idmontie

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
no, I'd been working on TinyMap. I guess I could work on special player handling now...
Hell, its about time.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Aug 15 2008, 4:31 pm poiuy_qwert Post #212

So, Hows it coming?

Aug 17 2008, 4:18 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #213

👻 👾 👽 💪

Two more trigger actions! PrintF and SprintF! Doodle finally wrote the function for it. :P (These were the two "[Reserved]" actions.)

7. PrintF - Displays a string with various variable values defined in the format.
Ex: PrintF("%n1 wins with a score of %s7:1", 0); would display "O)FaRTy1billion wins with a score of 1337".
8. SprintF - Writes data to an empty string with vaious variable values defined in the format.
Ex. SprintF("%n1 lv%d179:1", 0, 15, 0); would write to map string 15 "O)FaRTy1billion lv20", which could then be used as my unit's name.

Pure epic. :D

Aug 17 2008, 6:01 am Lt.Church Post #214

wait wait wait... sprintF can be used to change strings dynamically well running ingame? :omfg:

edit:so ya like... gimme pwease ^^

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 17 2008, 6:06 am by Lt.Church.

None.

Aug 17 2008, 6:04 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #215

👻 👾 👽 💪

Ya... Sorta. There are limitations... Like I didn't add a system for it to dynamically change them, it just edits a block of data.

Doodle, I just thought of a problem. If you edit the string once, wouldn't strlen say the string is shorter? Or does it do some sort of magic to know when the next begins? Should I write my own that will read until more string data is found? Or I could make it so that the first byte of the string is the length ...

Aug 17 2008, 6:07 am Lt.Church Post #216

the way you described it seems pretty dynamic, like if you were to lvl up the Lvl variable would change and go from lv19 to lv20 in the string? or am i misinterpreting?

edit: psst how might i get my hands on a copy of thyn trigplug?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 17 2008, 6:24 am by Lt.Church.

None.

Aug 17 2008, 6:27 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #217

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Lt.Church
the way you described it seems pretty dynamic, like if you were to lvl up the Lvl variable would change and go from lv19 to lv20 in the string? or am i misinterpreting?
Yes, but what I mean is that you'd have to preallocate room for it to write to, it would not modify the table to fit in the new string data.

Aug 17 2008, 6:29 am Lt.Church Post #218

how exactly would you preallocate the memory :dontgetit:

None.

Aug 17 2008, 7:33 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #219

👻 👾 👽 💪

I was thinking spaces. Add a string like 16 (max player name being 15) + 1 (space) + 5 (color+"lvxx") = 22.

Aug 17 2008, 2:23 pm Lt.Church Post #220

so you would make the string anything with 22characters,then update it as you go along replacing then unused characters with spaces to keep length the same?

edit:also i may just be misunderstanding 1part but are you saying you can use the current players name as a string variable? :wtfage: that makes me want it more....

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 9 10 11 12 13 >
  Back to forum