Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Theory and Ideas > Topic: New Trigger Actions!
New Trigger Actions!
Apr 2 2008, 3:26 am
By: O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8 9 1013 >

Jul 1 2008, 7:12 pm Fisty Post #141

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
Quote from name:Deathman101
So...when will we be expecting a release of this plugin? I can't wait to implement these into maps of mine.
When I feel I have enough actions for it to be worthy. :P
If someone writes a trigger editor that can handle these then I may release a demo. >.>
Or you can wait for me to finish my trigger editor, but that takes time away from other projects--including this one.
Hmmm...text triggers would work right?

None.

Jul 1 2008, 8:08 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #142

👻 👾 👽 💪

If StarForge didn't have a max amount of triggers I could easily add them to it. :P
Text triggers work best... The syntax I type them up in are in text-format (Such as SetGameSpeed(Speed, Multiplier);.)

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jul 1 2008, 10:38 pm CooL Post #143

Is this triggers are such as EUDs?

None.

Jul 1 2008, 10:41 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #144

👻 👾 👽 💪

Is this sentence are such as coherent?

Seriously, what?

EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jul 1 2008, 10:47 pm Lt.Church Post #145

this sounds amazing farty, if i understand correctly SetLocationTo would be able to change a locations placement without placing on any unit AND be able to change its size? that sounds incrediably useful =]

None.

Jul 1 2008, 11:08 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #146

👻 👾 👽 💪

Correct. ;) You can also move them based on DCs.
They also work with "unplaced" locations.

Jul 2 2008, 5:10 pm Zell. Post #147

this is really cool. if hiemdal or whatever made a new starforge and you added on that would be tits. SCMDRAFT text editor thing sucks :/

None.

Jul 2 2008, 6:16 pm Axii Post #148

no :(, Dont add it on starforge, Lol It doesnt work with SC Anthology.

None.

Jul 2 2008, 6:39 pm Paravin. Post #149

Holy, new triggers!? Are we really so far into the future?

Last time I recall, we were just exploring the wonders of Campaign Creator. :O

None.

Jul 2 2008, 7:51 pm poiuy_qwert Post #150

PyMS and ProTRG developer

I started to add the new triggers to my trigger editor, and it will be really easy to add them. All i need now is better descriptions of some of the parameters and stuff from FaRTy (if you dont read this farty i'll pm you later about it).

Jul 2 2008, 8:32 pm FooFighters Post #151

I hope you finish this before SC 2 comes out, you just may be too lazy if SC 2 does come out and your still working on it!
Hurry with the trigger editor, i wanna speed up my SC game so that i can make an expert follow the screen map! [after i figure the triggers out]

None.

Jul 2 2008, 8:35 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #152

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Axii
no :(, Dont add it on starforge, Lol It doesnt work with SC Anthology.
StarForge's trigger listfile is in a format that would make it really easy to add them to (if it parses it at all how I think.)

Quote from poiuy_qwert
I started to add the new triggers to my trigger editor, and it will be really easy to add them. All i need now is better descriptions of some of the parameters and stuff from FaRTy (if you dont read this farty i'll pm you later about it).
Like which ones?
PM or MSN will probably be best anyway.

Jul 2 2008, 10:06 pm Axii Post #153

Well, If you do happen to add them to get them to work on Starforge, Think anyway to get it to work for SC Anthology?

None.

Jul 2 2008, 11:41 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #154

👻 👾 👽 💪

They will never work in SF unless SF itself is edited. I don't even know what SC Anthology is.

Jul 3 2008, 4:18 am Axii Post #155

SC Anthology is the download version you get from Blizzard(Had to get it since my cd broke).

None.

Jul 3 2008, 5:22 am poiuy_qwert Post #156

PyMS and ProTRG developer

I pretty much finished adding the new trigger actions to my trigger editor, just a bit more to do. Hopefully this means FaRTy will release a basic version to mess around with soon!

Jul 7 2008, 4:43 am ekddl4578 Post #157

m.. can you please tell me what memory location is? and DCMath? does memorylocation like just mean Location? im confused....

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 7 2008, 5:00 am by ekddl4578.

None.

Jul 7 2008, 4:54 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #158

👻 👾 👽 💪

Was it really necessary to quote that entire thing?

A memory locaton is an address that data is stored at in memory. DC = Death Counter.

Jul 7 2008, 5:11 am ekddl4578 Post #159

Was it really necessary to quote that entire thing?

A memory locaton is an address that data is stored at in memory. DC = Death Counter.

nuh sorry for that I've deleted all quate . Mind if you check my understanding? there's I get but also some I don't get..

and is memory location about EUD or something?

Completed Conditions:
1. MemoryLocation - Compares the value of an address with an inputted number. = About EUD?
2. CompareMemoryLocations - Compares the values of two addresses. = Compares something about EUD?

Completed Actions:
1. SetMemoryLocation - Copies a value to a specified address. = Apply EUD's on a action?
2. CopyMemoryLocation - Copies the value of one address to another. =...
3. SetLocationTo - Sets location values (X1, Y1, X2, Y2, and/or flags). *Sets specified values to individual numbers.=...
4. SetLocationFromDeath - Sets location values based on a death counter. *Can only set specified values to one DC value. =...
5. DCMath - Performs a math operation on a DC value. *DC1 add,subtract,multiply,divide,set DC2. Stores value in DC1. I may add more, like Sin, Cos, Power, etc.
=..change unit deathes? nuh i don't think it is...
6. DisplayStat_TxtString - Displays a string from stat_txt.tbl. *Mainly for modding. I may make it read from a different tbl or a tbl unique to triggering. = Represent
Used string values so far
7. [Reserved]
8. [Reserved]
9. SetGameSpeed - Sets the game speed & Multiplier. = change game speed during in the game
10. SetSupplyValue - Sets supply value for the specified player(s). Sets Protoss/Terran/Zerg Available/Used/Max values. = Change supply values
11. SendUnitOrder - Sends a raw orders.dat ID to the specified unit(s). = Set order like attack or Hold or patrol
12. SetUnitTarget - Sets the order target. = attack only specified Units
13. SetUnitHP - Sets unit HP to a raw value. *Still testing. = Change HP value whatever you like
14. SetUnitShields - Sets unit shields to a raw value. *Still testing. = Change shield value whatever you like
15. SetPlayerVision - Sets vision for specified player(s). Allows for players 9-12.

None.

Jul 7 2008, 6:52 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #160

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from ekddl4578
and is memory location about EUD or something?
Sure. EUD reads them by putting big numbers for unit IDs to read addresses, this will read them directly (no death trigger.)

Quote from ekddl4578
1. MemoryLocation - Compares the value of an address with an inputted number. = About EUD?
2. CompareMemoryLocations - Compares the values of two addresses. = Compares something about EUD?
See above. MemoryLocation will compare it with a static value, CompareMemoryLocations will compare two addresses.

Quote from ekddl4578
1. SetMemoryLocation - Copies a value to a specified address. = Apply EUD's on a action?
2. CopyMemoryLocation - Copies the value of one address to another. =...
See above, but writes to them instead of comparing.
Quote from ekddl4578
3. SetLocationTo - Sets location values (X1, Y1, X2, Y2, and/or flags). *Sets specified values to individual numbers.=...
4. SetLocationFromDeath - Sets location values based on a death counter. *Can only set specified values to one DC value. =...
... = don't get it or what?
Quote from ekddl4578
5. DCMath - Performs a math operation on a DC value. *DC1 add,subtract,multiply,divide,set DC2. Stores value in DC1. I may add more, like Sin, Cos, Power, etc.
=..change unit deathes? nuh i don't think it is...
Yes. You input two unit deaths and it will perform a math operation on them (No more binary countoffs or whatever. ;))
Quote from ekddl4578
6. DisplayStat_TxtString - Displays a string from stat_txt.tbl. *Mainly for modding. I may make it read from a different tbl or a tbl unique to triggering. = Represent
Used string values so far
? no? In modding, there is no strings but there are files ("tbl files") that contain string data, this will allow modders to dispaly strings.
Quote from ekddl4578
9. SetGameSpeed - Sets the game speed & Multiplier. = change game speed during in the game
10. SetSupplyValue - Sets supply value for the specified player(s). Sets Protoss/Terran/Zerg Available/Used/Max values. = Change supply values
11. SendUnitOrder - Sends a raw orders.dat ID to the specified unit(s). = Set order like attack or Hold or patrol
Correct. Though SendUnitOrder allows for any order (though some that require specific circumstances wont work, of course.)
Quote from ekddl4578
12. SetUnitTarget - Sets the order target. = attack only specified Units
Yes, but it also allows target to be coordinates or a location.
Quote from ekddl4578
13. SetUnitHP - Sets unit HP to a raw value. *Still testing. = Change HP value whatever you like
14. SetUnitShields - Sets unit shields to a raw value. *Still testing. = Change shield value whatever you like
15. SetPlayerVision - Sets vision for specified player(s). Allows for players 9-12.
Correct.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8 9 1013 >
  Back to forum