Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Do you like bacon?
Do you like bacon?
Jul 26 2014, 4:56 am
By: Fire_Kame  
Polls
Do you like bacon?
Do you like bacon?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
No. 4

17%
Obviously not. 1

5%
Other. 19

80%
Please login to vote.
Poll has 24 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Aug 19 2014, 3:30 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #21

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from NudeRaider
Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
things either feel or taste so wrong and un-food-like. :P
Quite surprised by that motion. Does it include fresh foods properly prepared? A random expample: Roasted chicken breast with a mix of steamed vegetables (e.g. aubergine, yellow/red peppers and tomatoes).
Because if it does, I'd wonder how what I'd call "the role model of healthy food" could taste wrong or un-food-like.
I might eat the chicken, but yellow/red peppers and tomatoes taste like garbage, especially when roasted. Actually had something similar at my aunt's house a few days ago ... I ate only the chicken but did try one of the peppers and threw the rest away.

Also I've read soylent just tastes oaty (since its main constituent is apparently derived from oats), and I do like oats. It's only a "disgusting mashup of artificial nutrients" if you think of it like that. :P

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Aug 19 2014, 3:40 pm by FaRTy1billion.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Aug 19 2014, 6:11 pm NudeRaider Post #22

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

That was just a random example for non-processed food. But it wasn't coincidence I picked steamed vegetables over roasted because that's indeed not as natural anymore and I know the roasted taste can be offensive.

And I'm still curious how your food has to be to qualify for "food-like". I could relate if you said unprocessed, fresh foods that are not mashed into a state where it can't be recognized anymore. But your interested in soylent seems to contradict that. Can you even describe it without listing foods you like? You know, describe the features your foods needs to have?

Aug 19 2014, 7:24 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #23

👻 👾 👽 💪

Basically not to have an offensive taste or texture. ;o "Food-like" or "un-food-like" refers mostly to when I put it in my mouth if the thought "this is not food" comes to mind. Like put some dirt in your mouth, your reaction will most definitely be to immediately spit it out since everything about it screams "this is not edible".

EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Aug 19 2014, 7:25 pm Dem0n Post #24

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

What I'm getting from this is that unless the food is meant for five year olds (ie Kraft mac n cheese, chicken nuggets, Lucky Charm's, etc), he won't eat it.

Aug 19 2014, 7:46 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #25

👻 👾 👽 💪

I can see that, and the thought did cross my mind. :P Except you forgot the part where it has to be served in a silly shape, like a happy face.

I do like to think I eat better and broader than that (ie kraft is shit, as are chicken nuggets, and I generally eat like grape nuts or wheat chex, etc. :P).

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Aug 19 2014, 7:52 pm by FaRTy1billion.

Aug 21 2014, 1:58 am Heinermann Post #26

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

Quote from Dem0n
What I'm getting from this is that unless the food is meant for five year olds (ie Kraft mac n cheese, chicken nuggets, Lucky Charm's, etc), he won't eat it.
Yep this is me.

Options
  Back to forum