MindScrew Mafia
Jun 11 2012, 5:11 pm
By: OlimarandLouie
Pages: < 1 2 3

Jun 22 2012, 9:31 pm Azrael Post #41

Quote from Excalibur
Quote from Roy
Quote from Excalibur
I leave that up to the hosts discretion. I may have time, I may not.
In other words, you're gonna peace out if you don't like how it's going?
Not at all Roy. I've just got a lot going on. I will genuinely try to make time. This does not mean I will be successful.

Translation: Yes, Roy, that's exactly what I mean. I have no regard for the rules or the other players, I'll just ruin everything for everyone if I get a role I don't like, I think I might lose, or I simply feel like it.

Just to be clear.

I'd play if I knew I could, but since I'm really not sure that I would be able to make time, I'll do the decent thing and not sign-up.

Jun 24 2012, 7:47 pm Observer12425 Post #42

In
Also, yikes, that's a lot of hostility. Seems out of place considering we're playing a game here.

None.

Jun 24 2012, 8:03 pm Azrael Post #43

It's because he's saying he's going to not play if he doesn't feel like it, even though it's in violation of the rules and the spirit of the game, and has a negative impact on everyone else who is playing legitimately.

If someone might decide they don't want to play, they shouldn't sign-up at all. By signing-up, they are indicating they are able and willing to play. Having someone go inactive mid-game for any of the reasons listed in my previous post is unreasonable, especially when they're saying they might do it before the game has even started.

Jun 24 2012, 9:34 pm NudeRaider Post #44

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

The problem is it screws with balancing.

Jun 24 2012, 10:34 pm Roy Post #45

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from NudeRaider
The problem is it MindScrews with balancing.
:awesome:

Balance is both the responsibility of the host and players. The host needs to balance the initial conditions of a game, and the players need to all participate to their fullest to maintain the balance the host has initially created. I have yet to see a game where all players are putting their all into the game (there's almost always a couple players idling, players not even reading the posts, mindless sheep, etc.), so "balance" is always just a crapshoot. If a game feels balanced, chances are it was weighted to favor the town, because the town has more players and therefore more likely to contain inactive players (oftentimes the more boring roles), thereby disrupting the balance.

Basically, as long as the role distribution is decent, the rest of the balance shouldn't be stressed over; We aren't all hardcore Mafia players, nor would we all want to be.

Jun 27 2012, 5:05 pm Observer12425 Post #46

*applause*

None.

Jun 28 2012, 7:12 am Daddywhoo Post #47

In

None.

Jun 29 2012, 7:18 pm Leeroy_Jenkins Post #48

In

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum