Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: Diablo 3: May 15th
Diablo 3: May 15th
Mar 15 2012, 4:03 pm
By: ClansAreForGays
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 8 >

May 11 2012, 3:59 am Lanthanide Post #101

Quote from Oh_Man
Fallen angel crashes into tristram starting off some big chain of events.
The two lesser evils start stirring shit up.
Black Soulstone is some sort of crucial plot device.
Diablo will get ressurected somehow.
Bigger emphasis on angels this time around.
Spoiler for D3 storyline

Suggest you don't do a 'quote reply' to this post or you'll see the collapse contents, if you didn't want to.

None.

May 11 2012, 10:27 am NudeRaider Post #102

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

(kind of) urgent request: Anyone know where I can get the Collectors Edition without paying an insane price? Must ship to Germany, English or German language.

May 11 2012, 10:34 am Oh_Man Post #103

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Here Nude:
http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/collectors-edition-woes
I got confirmation myself from Game this week that my copies were still on order and would be dispatched prior to 14th and getting clarification on that was like pulling teeth I can tell you. They were a little fuzzy why getting it to me on the 15th wasn%uFFFDt quite good enough. The morning post will simply not do! They are sold out and taking no more pre-orders. I contacted ShopTo, AmazonUK, GameStop and Tesco and all are sold out of Collector%uFFFDs Editions.

Kaydee tells me he%uFFFDs been checking around the Swedish online retailers this week and all but one is out of stock. Retrospelbutiken still has some in stock and by way of celebration of this fact they%uFFFDve bumped the price up from 995 SEK to 1995 SEK.

The worst news is from Germany, where online retailer Hitfox has cancelled thousands of D3CE orders that they can not fill due to insufficient stock. This less than a week before release, after luring fans in with discounted prices. The customer rage is strong over this, as you might imagine, and Daniel points us to a 200 comment rage thread on Diablo.InGame.de.
I'm getting the Collectors Edition though. So I can upload pics of artbook, or soundtrack if you want.

EDIT:
Were you one of the ones that got screwed over by Hitfox?

EDIT: I assume everyone has seen this by now?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 11 2012, 11:27 am by NudeRaider. Reason: merged posts

May 11 2012, 10:56 am NudeRaider Post #104

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Well ~220€ is an insane price. But thx for trying.

I find it hard to believe that the collectors edition is so heavily demanded that prices more than doubled for the few remaining copies on the market but it seems that that's just the situation...
Shops shouldn't offer preorders they can't fulfill. Just creates rage.

May 11 2012, 10:58 am Oh_Man Post #105

Yer well Nude not sure if you know, but Amazon has stated that Diablo 3 is the most preordered game of all time lol.
http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/diablo-iii-amazons-most-preordered-pc-game-ever

May 15 2012, 10:42 pm TiKels Post #106

If anyone would hit me up with one of their guest keys so I could try out the game, it would be much appreciated.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

May 16 2012, 5:01 pm KrayZee Post #107

I didn't buy Diablo III because all of the supplies of collector's edition were sold out. But what's up with the user reviews on metacritic?

None.

May 16 2012, 6:56 pm Zycorax Post #108

Grand Moderator of the Games Forum

They're probably speaking the truth =P Though all the poor reviews simply due to the servers being down and whatnot is a bit silly.

May 18 2012, 3:20 am EzTerix Post #109

Probably the most notorious game server launch ever. Because all of the server issues ppl are srsly hating how you have to sign up for all this account stuff and always stay connected with the internet into their system. I lost count on how many "read me, scroll to bottom, you must accept" bs I had to click before I launched the game.

I surprisingly like the auction house although I'm not anticipating/giving half a shit about the real money auction house that got delayed. I'm not going to do daily loots running through Inferno that's for sure.

Anyway its a gg play it no spoilers I'm just on Act 2 atm :)

None.

May 18 2012, 4:59 am Roy Post #110

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

My roommate has D3. I watched him play for a little bit, and it looks fun in a Diablo-y way.

Quote from EzTerix
Anyway its a gg play it no spoilers I'm just on Act 2 atm :)
Act 1 Spoiler -- do not highlight invisible text
Oh, you're past Act 1? Was The Butcher as awesome as he was in Diablo 1?
Act 1 Spoiler -- do not highlight invisible text

May 18 2012, 5:35 am Lanthanide Post #111

Roy: No.

Detailed answer

When you think about it, Duriel in D2 shares many of these same attributes.

None.

May 18 2012, 6:54 am EzTerix Post #112

North American Diablo 3 launch in a nutshell.

Quote from Lanthanide
Roy: No.

(5 cents)
Collapse Box

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 18 2012, 7:04 am by EzTerix.

None.

May 18 2012, 7:20 am Oh_Man Post #113

No this is the Americas launch in a nutshell:

May 21 2012, 11:57 pm UnholyUrine Post #114

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/5743-You-Should-Be-Mad-at-Diablo-IIIs-Always-Online-DRM

Sounds strangely familiar to SC2, except I was more engrossed in that than D3. Great game, ruined by business pursuits.
I've already lost faith in Blizzard, and it doesn't seem like they've corrected their business models. Blizzard/Activision are definitely taking advantage of our weaknesses. We are apparently so fixed on getting this game that we'd ignore everything else.

None.

May 22 2012, 12:10 am EzTerix Post #115

If anyone's a demon hunter I've realized a few things:

1. You're a glass cannon... a glass cannon that can do cartwheels and turn invisible.

2. It's a kiting class.

3. Direct damage comes first followed by AOE (wizards are presumed better at AOE).

4. Must have Smokescreen and Preparation. Some people like vault instead of smokescreen, but I always get a good chuckle when they get rooted by a jailing special and cant get out.

Luckily demon hunters have a lot of great skills so it's hard to get bored or feel isolated to a single build that everyone else uses. They can basically do any build until the harder modes (more stress on kiting, slowing down enemies)
My normal build (Hell):

Primary: Hungering Arrow > Devouring Arrow (if it pierces, goes for another unit for 115% + 70% can continues if it pierces again. Used to have Bola Shot > Volatile Explosives but it kept setting off my critical sharpshooter. Gonna miss the awesome AOE :'( )
Secondary: Elemental Arrow > Frost Arrow (slows, good for kiting and impressive damage for cost)
Rain of Vengeance > Beastly Bombs (for awesomeness, also might get Flying Strike if it looks good)
Marked For Death > Valley of Death (more damage against enemies)
Smokescreen > Lingering Fog (breaks roots and enemies don't attack)
Preparation > Battle Scars (Instant refill of discipline and + 65% of total life, great fail-safe)

My boss build

Bola Shot > Thunder Ball (35% chance to stun boss
Impale > Chemical Burn (250% weapon damage, +125% per second over 2 seconds. Impact is much better to constantly stun the boss with Thunder ball, but I'm not sure if it works on the final act bosses.
Rain of Vengeance > Beastly Bombs
Marked For Death > Mortal Enemy (single targets the boss and attacks give you hatred)
Smokescreen > Displacement (extra movement speed for those tough moments)
Preparation > Battle Scars

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/3838/screenshot002lb.jpg
xDayofNightx#1160
Demon Hunter named Trancecstacy

(5 cents)
Collapse Box
Also I take this back, on after seeing what the boss was in Diablo 1 and seeing it again in my Nightmare playthrough I realized the buildup of the last part was faithful, but in connection with the entire act... didn't make alot of sense

Sounds strangely familiar to SC2, except I was more engrossed in that than D3. Great game, ruined by business pursuits.
I've already lost faith in Blizzard, and it doesn't seem like they've corrected their business models. Blizzard/Activision are definitely taking advantage of our weaknesses. We are apparently so fixed on getting this game that we'd ignore everything else.

I agree, all this "always online" among other new crap to come out of huge gaming publishers like removing rented games, locking games, and DLC that was already in a game but hidden and sold again which showed that they hid the content just to make a profit off additional DLC (COUGH MASS EFFECT COUGH).

I liked Blizzard before the Activision/Blizzard combination since Activsion... blows. For ... many reasons.

Game is good, business pursuits retarded, and consumers/ game informers need to realize that these business pursuits that do no good to the consumer need to stay away. Also support indie gaming! :moose:

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 22 2012, 12:21 am by EzTerix.

None.

May 22 2012, 2:09 am Ahli Post #116

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Go play Hardcore Ez. :D
Then you will have some vitality.
I've 29k life and 2.2k DPS @ begin of hell. But my gear is to weak for hell. I need to farm more. I just don't know if end of nightmare or start of hell is better suited for farming.
Also, Dalton can be pretty dangerous in hell... you can't escape from there. I was close to death when I tested hell difficulty ;D

May 22 2012, 2:59 am luzz Post #117

U can farm azmodan for some freaking fast levels. Don't know if anyone knew that. He gives 3x exp in nightmare. So if you want levels/gear just kill him like 10 times in nightmare and u will gain at least 1 level xD

None.

May 22 2012, 5:27 am Oh_Man Post #118

Ewww Ez turn on anti-aliasing.

May 22 2012, 12:23 pm luzz Post #119

How in the world do u live? I have 9k hp and I can barely stay alive (hardcore tho of course). You do a lot of damage, but I don't think that would help all that much :O

Ahli what class r u?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 22 2012, 12:29 pm by luzz.

None.

May 22 2012, 2:57 pm Ahli Post #120

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from luzz
Ahli what class r u?
demon hunter.

I hate hell. strong rares and champions and drops are terrible except for a few weapons for other classes with 200+ damage...

Options
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 8 >
  Back to forum