Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Aristocrat's Mafia #2
Aristocrat's Mafia #2
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Nov 24 2011, 5:57 pm
By: Aristocrat
Pages: < 1 « 10 11 12 13 1416 >

Dec 5 2011, 1:23 am xAngelSpiritx Post #221

eternal lurker

Jason Graff is either a troll or a retard.

None.

Dec 5 2011, 1:27 am Bar Refaeli Post #222

Quote from xAngelSpiritx
Jason Graff is either a troll or a retard.
Word.

None.

Dec 5 2011, 1:37 am Lanthanide Post #223

That was also my impression.

None.

Dec 5 2011, 2:20 am Mp)HellFire Post #224

Deneuve is L guys.
Walter is W.

None.

Dec 5 2011, 4:40 am Sacrieur Post #225

Still Napping

Jason Graff. It is unfortunate your sense of justice is so undeveloped. Kira is nothing but a mass murderer. And he will be caught and held accountable for his crimes.

None.

Dec 5 2011, 4:48 am Raitaki Post #226

Errr who is this Jason Graff? :hurr:

None.

Dec 5 2011, 5:36 am Mp)HellFire Post #227

NERDDDDDDDD. lol.

None.

Dec 5 2011, 5:37 am Lanthanide Post #228

I saw we lynch Jason. He's probably Kira.

None.

Dec 5 2011, 6:12 am Sacrieur Post #229

Still Napping

Investigation team: please verify your pseudonym with me. I can and will reveal your pseudonym. I will ensure that you face undue scrutiny, and your real name will be revealed publicly. I do not have the time to play games like this.

None.

Dec 5 2011, 6:38 am Mp)HellFire Post #230

|||| TO LATE TO READ LIST OF NAMES WITH CORRECT ROLES Ha ||||

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Dec 5 2011, 6:56 am by Mp)HellFire.

None.

Dec 5 2011, 6:51 am Lanthanide Post #231

One of the remaining 5 investigators is Kira.

None.

Dec 5 2011, 7:36 am poison_us Post #232

Back* from the grave

Quote from Mp)HellFire
|||| TO LATE TO READ LIST OF NAMES WITH CORRECT ROLES Ha ||||
Sad thing is, the only ones you've gotten right in there are the ones claimed or known through death. Next time, please don't lie in PMs.

Dec 5 2011, 5:41 pm Roy Post #233

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from poison_us
Next time, please don't lie in PMs.
Oops.

Dec 5 2011, 11:42 pm OlimarandLouie Post #234

From my perspective:

L will soon die.

N's identity is (probably) compromised.

That is all.

None.

Dec 6 2011, 5:56 am Aristocrat Post #235

Night 1:

Nothing interesting happens.

Day 2 ends December 7th, 23:59 EST. Send in all votes before then.

None.

Dec 6 2011, 6:39 am Roy Post #236

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

I vote Jason Graff. There's something off about that fellow.

Dec 6 2011, 7:00 am Azrael Post #237

I vote for Jason Graff.

Reason: He leaked the names of every Investigator to Hellfire, a known Mafia, as well as who knows how many others.

Dec 6 2011, 8:48 am Sacrieur Post #238

Still Napping

Walter Hertel, also known as W, has died. Killed by the death note, presumably.

None.

Dec 6 2011, 9:13 am Azrael Post #239

Figured I'd just let everyone know I'm Kira.

Aristocrat has been going out of his way all game to screw me over, purposely misconstruing information, hiding things from me, and even lying to me about game mechanics to make sure my plans don't work as intended. He even changed the rules after the game started to make N/FBI/M immune to Second Kira's daytime Shinigami Eyes. Of course, this change wasn't noticed until after Second Kira targeted N with Shinigami Eyes, and Aristocrat didn't inform us of the new change either, he was just going to let the ability fail when the day ended. It was only noticed because I have been constantly reading the OP and saw he added "or SPK" to the people immune to Shinigami Eyes. When confronted, he said M is also immune now, which isn't written anywhere either.

He's been doing the exact opposite of what would be expected, instead of facilitating creative gameplay and strategy and death note usage, he's been abusing his host powers to misinform, undermine, and sabotage specific players in order to influence the events of the game.

As an example, here are quotes of a conversation between me and him throughout this "game".

Night 0

Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
If I force someone to Follow a specific target every night until they die, can I make them convey that information to me (like, write "call 555-5555 to tell me" or something?)
Quote from Aristocrat
You can, but they will be aware of the fact that they called someone to convey the information, if that's the only thing controlling their actions that you write in the death note.
Any way for them to find out what pseudonym they are calling? I could have just told them to call some throw-away cell phone so I'd hope not.
Quote from Aristocrat
If you force someone to call you, they'll know they called someone against their will.
Right, they'll know they called "someone". They won't know who though, right?
Quote from Aristocrat
No.

Death Note Entry

Wrote this five times, one for each Investigator.
Sacrieur. Follows Benjamin Winston every night. Calls Benjamin Winston to inform him of the result. Never lets Benjamin Winston die. Dies of a heart attack Night 23.

Had an entry for L and W too, which aren't important for what I'm conveying. Note that I said the person calls Benjamin Winston. This conversation took place shortly thereafter.

Quote from Aristocrat
The way you wrote it, they are dialing Benjamin Winston. They are not dialing "a throwaway phone"
You said they won't know who they are calling. I specifically clarified this with you beforehand that they would not know who they called.
Quote from Aristocrat
I said they won't know who they are calling if you told them to call a throw-away phone number. You explicitly said "Call Benjamin Winston"
"If you force someone to call you, they'll know they called someone against their will."

"Right, they'll know they called "someone". They won't know who though, right?"

"No."
Quote from Aristocrat
This is assuming "I could have just told them to call some throw-away cell phone so I'd hope not." You did not do that.
You can consider call "Benjamin Winston" to be call "523-1256" which happens to be my throw-away phone :disgust: For the record, I was specifically asking if I could write "call Benjamin Winston" and have him not know who he was calling.
Quote from Aristocrat
No one calls you. You feel lonely.

Day 1

I've bolded a few especially important lines.

Can I send texts from my throw away phone? (like sending a text to Walter and being like "I'm Kira" and having the caller ID be "Unknown")
Quote from Aristocrat
Did I ever say you had a throwaway phone?
It was certainly implied when you told me that I could make people call me without them knowing who they were calling.

You can't tell me I'm able to make people call me on my anonymous phone one day, and then the next day tell me no one can make calls at all and I actually don't have an anonymous phone. I based my death note entries on information I got directly from you.
Quote from Aristocrat
Let's just say your throwaway phone cannot text people.
I think of someone and write their name in the death note right after night starts. I write "Calls 523-1256 immediately to report all results of previous night actions. Dies of a heart attack." Would I receive the information from you 2 minutes later (assuming you were on)?
Quote from Aristocrat
You would get a one-way call as soon as able. It would be as if you were listening to a voice recording.

For the purposes of this game, your throwaway phone is a receiver, but not a sender.
Alright, just a couple more things.

1) Can I receive texts at this number as well?

2) Can I receive calls during the day?

3) Assuming I can receive calls during the day, and he is an investigator, will the other investigators hear what he said?
1. You can receive calls. They are functionally identical, anyway.

2. You can receive calls on your throwaway phone, and texts on your other phones.

3. Depends.Depends on what? It's kind of important to know. If calls are functionally identical to texts then I shouldn't have to worry about this >_>Depends on whether or not you specify they make sure other people hear the call, obviously.
Note that even here, he is still explaining the mechanics of my throwaway phone receiving calls.

Death Note Entry

Think of Walter Hertel's face.
Lanthanide. Calls 523-1256 at 1:00 PM on Day 1, ensuring no one notices, but receives no answer. Receives a text from Benjamin Winston at 11:57 PM on Night 1. Deletes the message, then sends the same text to Deneuve Laurent using the phone which displays his pseudonym. Finishes sending the text at 11:59 PM, then immediately dies of a heart attack.
Assuming this went through, I have my phone on vibrate in my pocket, so I'll just hit the button on the side to ignore the call when I get it.

He responded to a previous inquiry about why the "or SPK" was added to the rules after the game started, so I sent this.

I take it since my phone never went off that W was not Lanthanide. I guess I don't have to worry about sending that text either.
He never responds to this or gives me any indication there is a problem with the Death Note entry.

Later, I send this.

I'm wondering why I didn't receive a call, seems like I should have, unless Lanthanide is just the most amazing actor ever. He's either an absolute genius or you're just not informing me of the call I received at 1 PM today.
Once again, he refuses to respond.

Day 2

Err, it says nothing interesting happened. But Lanthanide's name is crossed out. Which really makes no sense because I never got a call from him.You don't own a throwaway phone. I tried to tell you this multiple times but you kept quoting my PMs from earlier and insisted that you did, as if I couldn't retract my statement. I simply went along with it and punished you when it didn't work. And because you never texted him, he could not forward any messages to L.Fun game, very enjoyable, good way to host, congratulations, job well done. You successfully tricked me into wasting all my cunning by explaining every gameplay mechanic deceptively, erroneously, or not at all.

And yes, you did say it. You even said after that that my throwaway phone works like a receiver and I can get calls on it that are functionally identical to texts.If you owned one. You do not own one. I knew that if I told you you didn't own one, you'd keep bugging me about it until I relented and gave you one.So instead you make me think I have one when I don't. That's obviously something my character would know. You shouldn't have described in length how a mechanic works if it doesn't exist. When I submitted my death note entry, you should have said "You do not have an anonymous phone, that number means nothing." Instead you purposely went out of your way to make sure I continued to believe I would receive a call until after the plan failed.
I hope this paints a clear picture of the kind of behavior I've had to deal with throughout the entire game thus far.

This is the poorest, most unprofessional, and simply bad hosting I've ever seen, from changing the rules mid-game to lying about game mechanics to purposely abusing host powers in order to sabotage players. This doesn't even qualify as a game at this point, it's just a complete train wreck under the thumb of someone on a power trip.

Needless to say, I am no longer participating in this game in any capacity. I have written my own name in the Death Note, and I will die of a heart attack during Night 2. Good luck to anyone who feels compelled to continue in this farce, I'm just sorry you couldn't have gotten a properly hosted game.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 6 2011, 9:18 am by Azrael.Wrath.

Dec 6 2011, 12:11 pm OlimarandLouie Post #240

Well then.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 10 11 12 13 1416 >
  Back to forum