Staredit Network > Forums > Portal News > Topic: SC2: Heart of the Swarm - New Units
SC2: Heart of the Swarm - New Units
Oct 5 2011, 10:53 am
By: Ahli
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4

Oct 18 2011, 11:10 am Ahli Post #61

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

new void ray or carrier replacement or caster? ^^

Oct 18 2011, 12:32 pm NudeRaider Post #62

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

New theories about the Zerg unit:

source: http://starcraft2.ingame.de/forum/showthread.php?t=216680

Also. Kerrigan ingame:

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Oct 18 2011, 12:53 pm by NudeRaider.

Oct 18 2011, 5:55 pm UnholyUrine Post #63

Lol zergling shooter. I love that concept, but I highly doubt blizzard's anywhere that creative

plus, what on earth can they name that guy?

None.

Oct 18 2011, 8:09 pm Lanthanide Post #64

Quote from UnholyUrine
Lol zergling shooter. I love that concept, but I highly doubt blizzard's anywhere that creative
Brood Lords are very similar and I think quite creative.

If anything making a zergling shooter wouldn't be very creative because it'd just be a derivative of that.

None.

Oct 18 2011, 10:05 pm DevliN Post #65

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Not to mention the ability to shoot out Infested Terran eggs.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 19 2011, 8:26 am UnholyUrine Post #66

No, i was thinking more along the lines of a nydus canal, where you load it onto the unit, and you can unload it off the unit.
Except in this case, the zerglings/ground units will be shooted out. That's one way to give zerg a cliff-jumping ability.

see? more than a derivative of broodlord, which is really just a derivative of Queen+Guardian :rolleyes:

but honestly, it's not about creativity. Of course they have the capacity to think of that stuff. What I should be saying is I highly doubt they will produce that unit. Their production team probably have never thought of putting such a groundbreaking concept in, because it is too risky for their supposed "delicate" balance. They will probably look into their previous games and find examples from those to put into SC.

The hard truth is that companies aren't willing to take risks anymore, and it's pretty evident that it's going to be a ground-to-air ranged unit with maybe a spell or two thrown into the mix. Maybe it'll be equally just as awesome. But, remember all that amazing stuff in the earliest sc2 trailers? The Mothership with blackholes and planet-crackers, Infesting barracks to build infested marines... etc. etc. In the end, they were all nerfed to the point that the Mothership is pretty much a fat version of the arbiter, and the infestor shoots infested marine eggs, which comes from nowhere and doesn't even make sense. So, the point stands that they would never risk having a totally new concept unit like that hurls built unit across the battlefield like it was an infested terran egg. ..

None.

Oct 19 2011, 9:48 am Lanthanide Post #67

So what you're really saying is you want an overlord that can't fly and instead of unloading units underneath as it flies around, it launches them projectile-style.

None.

Oct 20 2011, 12:29 am ClansAreForGays Post #68

Would only be good with zealots/ultras, because lings are fast enough that distance is almost never an issue for them.

Oct 20 2011, 2:19 am Wing Zero Post #69

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Quote from ClansAreForGays
Would only be good with zealots/ultras, because lings are fast enough that distance is almost never an issue for them.
It would work well for lings too if you could toss them up cliffs

Oct 20 2011, 2:30 am Roy Post #70

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from Lanthanide
So what you're really saying is you want an overlord that can't fly and instead of unloading units underneath as it flies around, it launches them projectile-style.
From this perspective, that sounds like an awful unit to be added in the Zerg arsenal.

Oct 20 2011, 12:22 pm theleo_ua Post #71

Quote from NudeRaider
Since I don't think anyone got what I meant: I hereby present the new Zerg unit, the Zerg-Rider!

Grey is the bike wheel, blue/yellow the bike, yellow are his arms and the body is brown. The rest ... well, a face. ;)

Quote from Symmetry

AWSUM.

Quote from NudeRaider
New theories about the Zerg unit:

EPIC! Really trolling on the floor laughing

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4
  Back to forum