Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: "Norm's" Mafia #4: Classic(ish)
"Norm's" Mafia #4: Classic(ish)
Oct 12 2010, 6:46 am
By: Leeroy_Jenkins
Pages: < 1 « 15 16 17 18 1920 >

Oct 25 2010, 5:54 pm Leeroy_Jenkins Post #321

voter - candidate
LoTu)S - LoTu)S
OlimarandLouie - LoTu)S
Dem0ns1ayer - LoTu)S
Roy - LoTu)S
poison_us - Raccoon
ImagoDeo - poison_us
Echo - OlimarandLouie

Currently up for lynching: LoTu)S

VOTING ENDS TODAY 8:30PM MST

None.

Oct 25 2010, 6:49 pm Bar Refaeli Post #322

I vote lotus for being mafia scumbagz.

None.

Oct 25 2010, 6:52 pm Leeroy_Jenkins Post #323

voter - candidate
LoTu)S - LoTu)S
OlimarandLouie - LoTu)S
Dem0ns1ayer - LoTu)S
Roy - LoTu)S
poison_us - Raccoon
ImagoDeo - poison_us
Echo - OlimarandLouie
Raccoon - LoTu)S

Currently up for lynching: LoTu)S

VOTING ENDS TODAY 8:30PM MST

None.

Oct 25 2010, 6:58 pm poison_us Post #324

Back* from the grave

Quote from ImagoDeo
Quote from poison_us
I vote Raccoon, due to several clues. Plus, a mafia wouldn't allow himself to be lynched, especially at a one-for-one rate. If I'm wrong about Lotus, mah bad, but something tells me he's town as well as Aristo. My bet is we haven't looked at the right people.

Like you.

I vote poison_us.
I TOLD YOU NOT TO TELL PEOPLE WE'RE MAFIA BUDDEZ!

Oct 25 2010, 10:29 pm ImagoDeo Post #325

You know what, I've been digging, and there are some things that don't add up.

First of all, a few people are trying to lynch LoTu)S because of one "clue" that isn't even a clue.

http://www.staredit.net/?p=shoutbox&view=1193

This proves it's not a clue, because his avatar was like that as soon as he signed up, a week before roles were randomized. I've looked and looked, but there are no clues whatsoever that point to LoTu)S. The fact is, there's not even one. I think that's because he's not guilty, and this is probably true.

Leeroy said this in the latest night:

Quote from Leeroy_Jenkins
"Beware of those who blind you from the truth through irrelevant information. Decide for yourself, through use of deductive reasoning and logic, who will be lynched today?"

Now we already know the avatar name is "irrelevant information" since it was like that as soon as LoTu)S signed up. I checked the date it was pointed out in the shoutbox, it was about half an hour after LoTu)S was added to the list. That was a week before sign-ups closed and roles were distributed.

He says "ignore irrelevant information" and "use deductive reasoning and logic." I think he's trying to say, actually look for clues and use our heads instead of just going along with this nonsensical vote. That's what I was arguing with Azrael about the other day in the shoutbox - we really need to wait for night posts and stuff before we can reasonably start lynching people. There's been nothing suspicious about LoTu)S the whole game, and there's been zero clues pointing at him since the game started.

Leeroy knew LoTu)S was going to be lynched next with things going the way they were, and he added a warning into the night post about ignoring irrelevant information and using logic. It would be stupid for us to ignore that.

Now, I decided to look for clues about everyone instead of just whoever is being lynched, and I couldn't believe how many clues I started to find about Raccoon.

Raccoon's avatar is:

The ceremonial lynching held today in Central Park went swimmingly and according to plan.

A reference to water, like his avatar.

April 15th

The first time a date was used outside of [noclue] tags, and Raccoon is player 15.

Avista

Avista is a company most well-known for providing hydroelectric power. Another water reference.

Whoever keeps spray painting the fire hydrant outside of Wally's Tacos, please stop.

Yet another water reference.

and of course to view the lynching
Be on the look out

Relating to his avatar.

"Looking at our origins"

This time, a really obvious eye reference, it was even underlined.

This entire clue is purposely written in the form of a riddle.

http://www.staredit.net/topic/7705/

tear it apart
TOWN TEARS ITSELF APART

Could be referring to the type of "tears" that you cry, relating to his avatar.

Could instead actually refer to "tearing apart," referencing his signature, which he removed as soon as these clues showed up.

blind you

Another eye reference.

He added, "It's the end of the world as we know it, and unless we can bring this to an end, none of us will feel fine."

Lyrics from the group R.E.M., which stands for "Random Eye Movement".

Yet another eye reference. In fact, other notable lyrics in the song are "eye of a hurricane," which is both an eye reference and a water reference at the same time.

In addition, it's also a music reference.

http://www.staredit.net/topic/12550/

Raccoon is also at the top of a few people's list of suspects, including Aristocrat's, who is confirmed Town now. He's consistently been a suspect throughout the entire game.

Leeroy said "use deduction and logic," and then immediately followed that with a really obvious reference to a R.E.M. song. He's saying to use our heads and don't do something stupid with our votes, and I for one don't plan to. It's pretty obvious who this latest post is pointing to. Bandwagoning because of something as misleading and obviously false as the 'lotusismafia.png' is just stupid.

I vote for Raccoon.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 25 2010, 10:37 pm by ImagoDeo.

None.

Oct 25 2010, 11:24 pm Echo Post #326

I vote Raccoon

None.

Oct 25 2010, 11:28 pm poison_us Post #327

Back* from the grave

Quote from ImagoDeo
Lyrics from the group R.E.M., which stands for "Random Eye Movement"

Thanks for including my one clue contribution thus far ^^
Don't forget that Loveless's avatar features a face, predominately an eye, as well. Maybe there are other clues pointing to him as well.

Oct 25 2010, 11:59 pm Dem0n Post #328

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

orly. Changing my vote to Raccoon.

Oct 26 2010, 1:54 am OlimarandLouie Post #329

Glad I got back before the lynching. Changing vote to Raccoon.

None.

Oct 26 2010, 2:23 am Tempz Post #330

I vote lotus

None.

Oct 26 2010, 4:07 am Leeroy_Jenkins Post #331

voter - candidate
LoTu)S - LoTu)S
OlimarandLouie - Raccoon
Dem0ns1ayer - Raccoon
Roy - LoTu)S
poison_us - Raccoon
ImagoDeo - Raccoon
Echo - Raccoon
Raccoon - LoTu)S
Tempz - LoTu)S

Currently up for lynching: Raccoon

VOTING CLOSED. DAY POST COMING SOON.

None.

Oct 26 2010, 4:21 am Leeroy_Jenkins Post #332

JENKINTOWN POST Evening Edition Wednesday, April 17th, 1953

YET ANOTHER LYNCHING OF THE INNOCENT
With the belief he was mafia, the town put Raccoon, the local SHERIFF, to his death this afternoon. A local man was arrested after running onto the stage with a sign that read "YOU'RE ALL TO BLAME. IGNORANT FOOLS!" hanging from his neck, covering his naked body. The mayor refused to speak, and appeared quite apathetic about the matter. Raccoon's last words were: "Use your heads people! Believe me, you must look deeper for clues. Over-analyzing common terms of speech isn't going to cut it!"

IN OTHER NEWS

- The 25th annual mountain park picnic was interrupted by a visit from some of the area's local wildlife: a grizzly bear. No one was injured, and according to the event's director, everything went fine... Minus the Bear.

- Al Gore will be speaking at the Pepsi Center today about global warming and what we can do to prevent our Earth from turning into a Planet of Ice.

DAY 3 IS OVER. BEGIN NIGHT 4. NIGHT ENDS TOMORROW 8:00pm MST.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 26 2010, 4:26 am by Leeroy_Jenkins.

None.

Oct 26 2010, 4:37 am Neki Post #333

I lol'd. Should followed the correct vote, :awesome: you guys are terrible.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Oct 26 2010, 5:04 am by Neki.

None.

Oct 26 2010, 5:13 am Roy Post #334

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Well, that's just terrible. So much for your text wall, Imago.
JENKINTOWN POST Evening Edition Wednesday, April 17th, 1953

YET ANOTHER LYNCHING OF THE INNOCENT
With the belief he was mafia, the town put Raccoon, the local SHERIFF, to his death this afternoon. A local man was arrested after running onto the stage with a sign that read "YOU'RE ALL TO BLAME. IGNORANT FOOLS!" hanging from his neck, covering his naked body. The mayor refused to speak, and appeared quite apathetic about the matter. Raccoon's last words were: "Use your heads people! Believe me, you must look deeper for clues. Over-analyzing common terms of speech isn't going to cut it!"
Sign made me think of Tempz's avatar, but the clue could point to what's written on the sign as well.

Refusing to speak could point to a person who either hasn't voted often (not voicing their opinion) or someone who doesn't post much in the topic. LoveLess is the quietest player with 3 posts, Echo second with 6, Devlin third with 8.

I recalled a post about someone saying they were a very apathetic person, but I believe it was DavidJCobb, who isn't playing.

Use your heads appears again, except pluralized this time. "head" probably isn't the clue, because most of the remaining players are depicting a head or part of a face. The word was pluralized this time around, which could point to Olimar, but I doubt that, too. I'm thinking that the phrase "Use your head(s)" means something. It doesn't really make an acronym (UYH), and I can't really think of anything else for the phrase.

IN OTHER NEWS

- The 25th annual mountain park picnic was interrupted by a visit from some of the area's local wildlife: a grizzly bear. No one was injured, and according to the event's director, everything went fine... Minus the Bear.

- Al Gore will be speaking at the Pepsi Center today about global warming and what we can do to prevent our Earth from turning into a Planet of Ice.

DAY 3 IS OVER. BEGIN NIGHT 4. NIGHT ENDS TOMORROW 8:00pm MST.
There is a ton of random capitalized letters here. B, P, and I (and arguably M) are the most outstanding instances. The only thing I can spell is Bip (not a word) and Pib, as in Mr. Pib (the knockoff of Dr. Pepper). If anyone can find anything useful with these letters, please contribute. Pib Mr. Pibb*, in combination with Pepsi, creates a significant reference to soda / pop.

I looked at the other words, and while several stood out, nobody came to mind. The only possible thing I drew out of it was the fact that this post has "Global Warming" in it five times...

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 26 2010, 5:19 am by Roy.

Oct 26 2010, 5:20 am poison_us Post #335

Back* from the grave

I give up. These clues are all either too abstract, or intentionally meant to lead us astray. Plus, we lucked out getting coon as a sheriff. Unless he's actually been active.

Oct 26 2010, 5:40 am LoTu)S Post #336

So much for getting my hopes up that we're finally gonna lynch mafia. *sigh* We're so gonna lose now.

None.

Oct 26 2010, 10:22 am OlimarandLouie Post #337

Why are these clue interpretations so bad...

None.

Oct 26 2010, 3:41 pm poison_us Post #338

Back* from the grave

Obviously solely because you haven't contributed, oh wise one who also voted for coon.

Oct 26 2010, 6:50 pm Bar Refaeli Post #339

Mafia aren't even playing well. It just is town playing badly.

None.

Oct 26 2010, 6:51 pm Neki Post #340

You act as if mafia ever play well. :lol:

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 15 16 17 18 1920 >
  Back to forum