Map Nights' Official Thread, - NA Server -
Addicted to SEN Games -Add more!-
- SEN Map Night -
Map Nights are perfect for map-makers that want to quickly test their map with a lot of people (how can you even imagine getting 12 people in your test map with the current popularity system? You're quite lucky Map Nights are there. ), but are also a great place to hang out when you have nothing to do on your Saturdays night and want to discover some new or hidden jewel maps.
Since Blizzard still hasn't provided us Channels, the "Channel URL" given below is temporary and will only serve at the start of the Map Nights. Once a Map Night has started, we'll use the "Chat" feature from within Battle.net 2.0, which lets us invite as many friends as we want to participate to the Chat. So, basically, it's exactly as if we had a real Channel!
Date: Every Saturday
Hour: 18h [GMT -4]
Server: NA (US)
Teamspeak: Lingiesrv.dyndns.org (Port: 9987)
Here's a suggestion-list of some quality maps that you could host on your own during the Map Nights [List established on September 25th] (red maps are "Classics" we usually play every Map Night):
-> Desert Strike
-> Income Wars
-> Resident Evil: Outbreak
-> WGX Nagrand
-> Raynor Party (US)
-> Sentry Scramble
-> Shape War
-> Phantom Mode
-> SCCAP - Infernal
-> Zergling Blood
-> WandM ("Warlords and Merchants" bigger versoin)
-> Nexus Word Wars
-> Elimination Champtionship
-> Swarmed Heroes
-> SCV Bomber
-> Power Level Overwhelming
If you have any recommendations about a map we could play, please post them and I'll try them out to ensure they are of a minimal quality and multiplayer.
Also, I strongly suggest you to try to get a playable version of your in-production maps by this night so you are able to call a collective test. Nothing better than a group of people from an elitist community to get constructive criticizes about your map!
Map Night reports (who came, maps played, etc.)
Map Night #1 report: Battle.net 2.0 closed due to maintenance!
Map Night #2 report: http://www.staredit.net/261224/
Map Night #3 report: http://www.staredit.net/262422/
Map Night #4 report: http://www.staredit.net/263708/
Map Night #5 report: http://www.staredit.net/265033/
Map Night #6 report: http://www.staredit.net/266487/
Map Night #7 report: http://www.staredit.net/267027/ (Thanks to UnholyUrine for the report)
Map Night #8 report: http://www.staredit.net/268080/ (Screenshots!)
Map Night #9 report: http://www.staredit.net/268955/ (Again, Screenies!)
Map Night #10 report: Didn't happen. No host.
Map Night #11 report: http://www.staredit.net/270539/ (I guess there'll always be screenshots from now on >_>)
Map Night #12 report: http://www.staredit.net/271530/ (GO DOWNLOAD TEAMSPEAK FOR NEXT ONES!)
Map Night #13 report: http://www.staredit.net/272299/ (LiveStreamed by Aalleecc. Also, we can see they are starting to get popular: long list of people present!)
Map Night #14 report: http://www.staredit.net/273120/ (FailStreamed by Lial)
Map Night #15 report: It's X-mas! May this holiday have never existed. Amen.
Map Night #16 report: It's New Year! Calendar hates Map Nights.
Map Night #17 report: http://www.staredit.net/275941/ (Back again! Nearly 12 hours of play!)
Map Night #18 report: http://www.staredit.net/276728/ (The post above shows a bit more screenshots, taken by UU)
Map Night #19 report: Didn't happen.
Map Night #20 report: Chirus fails.
Map Night #21 report: http://www.staredit.net/278768/ (Fake payne == UU)
Map Night #22 report: http://www.staredit.net/280518/ ( )
Map Night #23 report: http://www.staredit.net/283021/
Map Night #24 report: http://www.staredit.net/284165/
This post was edited 59 times, last edit by payne: Mar 6 2011, 8:39 am.
Addicted to SEN Games -Add more!-
Well, the Map Night was seriously epic and everyone had A LOT of fun! :3
Persons who were present:
- Cynical (xYoshix)
Maps we've played:
- Evolution Wars
- Minion Arena
- Observer Dodge Final
- Income Wars (Official)
- Phantom Mode
- Modern Cop: M.S.P.D
- SCV Soccer
- Stalk Arena
- Impossible Probe
- Over 5 hours of play.
- 8 players at the same time was the highest peak (it lasted at least an hour). We've mostly played Uberena and Phantom during this period. I wish I had remembered SCCAP (the map), it'd have been awesome!
- 12 players came to play. Approx. 50% were from SEN, others were mainly my connected friends. We need more SENers in there next time!
- It was really nice and I'll definately host a Map Night for every week (without ensuring my presence).
- If you're looking for the best Tron remake, don't play the most popular, play "Lightcycles": it's much better!
- @Artanis: Modern Cop is much nicer 3v3!
- SCV Soccer wasn't very fun.
- @aalleecc: Minion Arena is awesome, really! Just fix those little bugs and it'll become a very popular map, I'm pretty sure!
- @Kenoli: Thank you for porting Uberena on SC2, and crediting Moose. It's a very professional map and is very enjoyable!
- Where the hell are the Screenshots stored? I forgot to take some for quite a while, but I still did take some, but I can't find them to upload them.
- Hex'd! is as awesome as it always has been. I strongly suggest you guys to try it out!
- Thanks to those who gave me the idea of transforming Observer Dodge into a Race game! It should be ready soon!
- The first maps we've played were maps produced by SEN members. I believe it was extremely constructive and we've all seen the potential we have. The feedbacks/comments we're awesome and I strongly advice that you host your map Privately into a SEN Map Night before posting it publically!
0 members in this topic (italic members are currently writing a reply): None
jjf28 -- nightz
Dem0n -- I don't look forward to the day my Silver dies D:
jjf28 -- never again (unless on an emulator)
jjf28 -- oshi, my pokemon silver game broke