Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 General Discussion > Topic: Map Nights' Official Thread
Map Nights' Official Thread
Sep 20 2010, 5:50 am
By: payne
Pages: < 1 « 13 14 15

Apr 4 2011, 11:46 pm payne Post #281

:payne:

Quote from DevliN
Quote from grenegg9
well there are sc2 mapster map nights.

You dont even have to join the mapster chat channel!
Though this is true, you'll probably be burned at the stake for mentioning it. Besides, this is for our map night, not theirs.
I was actually gonna publicize theirs in order to feel less cheap. :S

None.

Apr 5 2011, 4:14 am DevliN Post #282

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Ah I figured you'd do the opposite as you seemed to be bashed for mentioning ours in their thread.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 5 2011, 4:46 am payne Post #283

Quote from DevliN
Ah I figured you'd do the opposite as you seemed to be bashed for mentioning ours in their thread.
I'm not sure I understood this, but here's my reply base on my comprehension:
I wasn't finding really cool/legit from them to decide to start hosting Sc2Mapster's Map Nights at the exact same time as SEN's.

None.

Apr 5 2011, 5:10 am DevliN Post #284

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Basically what I said was that when you mentioned our SC2 Map Nights in their Map Night thread, everyone got pissed at you for it. So I figured you wouldn't like someone talking about their Map Night in your Map Night thread, either.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 11 2011, 4:32 am iiequalsexpipi Post #285

Does map night still occur? Sorry, I haven't attended the past month because I've always been busy on Saturdays.

Edit: Nevermind, read Payne's post. Too bad that Payne is giving up on map night. It is understandable though (since it is a large time commitment and Star Strikers is awesome). Thankyou very much for the map nights in the past since they helped me develop Hero Attack. Words cannot express my gratitude.

None.

Apr 11 2011, 4:36 am Jack Post #286

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from iiequalsexpipi
Does map night still occur? Sorry, I haven't attended the past month because I've always been busy on Saturdays.

Edit: Nevermind, read Payne's post. Too bad that Payne is giving up on map night. It is understandable though (since it is a large time commitment and Star Strikers is awesome). Thankyou very much for the map nights in the past since they helped me develop Hero Attack. Words cannot express my gratitude.
It'll still happen if someone takes over it, just payne can't run it is all. You could always run it if you were willing to play maps other than hero attack ;o

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Apr 11 2011, 5:50 am payne Post #287

Quote from Jack
Quote from iiequalsexpipi

It'll still happen if someone takes over it, just payne can't run it is all. You could always run it if you were willing to play maps other than hero attack ;o
Yup, and I am willing to give my account's password to anyone I trust wanting to host Map Nights. But please use it only for Map Nights? :3
I'll probably give my account completely to anyone before June since I will not touch my computer for nearly half a year. ;)

None.

Apr 11 2011, 6:52 am Roy Post #288

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from payne
I'll probably give my account completely to anyone before June since I will not touch my computer for nearly half a year. ;)
Everything green is safe to eat.

If someone does restart map night, I will do my best to participate; I haven't joined one in the past and I'm starting to regret it. I could have sworn it was on Friday, but I'm going to have more time on Saturday, anyway.

What does the host do, exactly?

Apr 11 2011, 6:59 pm payne Post #289

Quote from Roy
Quote from payne
Everything green is safe to eat.

If someone does restart map night, I will do my best to participate; I haven't joined one in the past and I'm starting to regret it. I could have sworn it was on Friday, but I'm going to have more time on Saturday, anyway.

What does the host do, exactly?
He tries to harass as many people as he can with ridiculously huge list of not-so friends.
He hosts a diversity of maps that people usually appreciate (Uberena, Raynor Party, Lightcycles, NOTD, Elimination Championship, Star Strikers, etc.). He must adjust the hosted map based on the number of people attending to Map Night.
He takes screenshots.
He writes the "Map Night Report".
He eats green plants, piss on bears, perishes, collapses, and dies.

None.

Apr 12 2011, 12:31 am Roy Post #290

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

I could host, but I'd feel awkward about it because I haven't really played UMS, and hosting + asking how to play doesn't seem right :P

Maybe if/when I get bigger into the UMS scene, I'll host Map Night.

Apr 13 2011, 2:15 am UnholyUrine Post #291

Well, technically I could help, but I've got finals coming up.. so maybe when those are done

None.

May 14 2011, 7:15 pm TiKels Post #292

LET'S DO MAPNIGHT TONIGHT. GOOGOGOGOGOGO

Agree?

If people get on all at once and play together roughly 3-5 hours from now, it's still map night right?

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

May 14 2011, 8:13 pm UnholyUrine Post #293

SC2??

Welll........ okay :)

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 13 14 15
  Back to forum