Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: NORM Mafia #1 - Game over
NORM Mafia #1 - Game over
Aug 16 2010, 2:50 am
By: Norm
Pages: < 1 « 23 24 25 26 2748 >

Sep 4 2010, 3:04 am DevliN Post #481

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

The Veteran "clue." I still may be seeing it as being too logical, but describing Mod as a "Veteran" does't make me think it has to do with Mafia at all.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 4 2010, 3:06 am Leeroy_Jenkins Post #482

Quote from DevliN
The Veteran "clue." I still may be seeing it as being too logical, but describing Mod as a "Veteran" does't make me think it has to do with Mafia at all.

I thought all clues pointed towards mafia? If so, Riney is the only veteran. I'm not too sure how clues work, though.

None.

Sep 4 2010, 3:07 am Azrael Post #483

That's not how clues in Mafia work, and using the word "Veteran" (capitalized even) didn't happen on accident.

In case you didn't notice the "ez" for "EzTerix," the clues aren't exactly super difficult riddles. They're pretty straightforward.

Sep 4 2010, 3:08 am DevliN Post #484

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Riney isn't the only Veteran, though. He and I both are.

And as Norm stated, red herrings can exist and I'm sure that's one of them.

My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 4 2010, 3:09 am Leeroy_Jenkins Post #485

Well, that's stupid. Anything could potentially be a red herring then. Lame.

None.

Sep 4 2010, 3:10 am DevliN Post #486

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

You're right, anything could. In this case, I'm betting the "Veteran" thing is one of them.

My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 4 2010, 3:12 am Azrael Post #487

Quote from DevliN
Riney isn't the only Veteran, though. He and I both are.

Your member rank is Administrator, sorry. He's the only one here with Veteran next to his name.

Quote from DevliN
And as Norm stated, red herrings can exist and I'm sure that's one of them.

Tikels swore up and down that EzTerix was innocent, and he was 100% sure the "ez" clue was a red herring. I didn't listen to him, and I'm not listening to you. You're not saying anything except "I got a feeling man." We can't assume every clue is a red herring.

We lynch who the clues point to and Mafia die. It's worked pretty well so far.

Sep 4 2010, 3:17 am DevliN Post #488

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Apos
A few blocks away, an old Veteran sat at his kitchen table.
Riney are both DevliN veterans.
Apos knew somehow. :P

A few people have also linked multiple "clues" to Wing, yet that somehow seems irrelevant to you?

My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 4 2010, 3:19 am Apos Post #489

I order you to forgive yourself!

It's been a couple times that we see cluse that point to Riney. FUCK! ASS! (If you know what I mean.)

As to Wing Zero, if he happens to be a mafia, I know someone that will take care of him personally.

Sep 4 2010, 3:20 am Wing Zero Post #490

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

The Police station called while you were still asleep and left this message:

Hello, Mr. Zero. We regret to inform you that your request for an investigation was unable to be completed. The officer assigned to this task, Derqua was killed last night.

I didn't even get to investigate anyone...

Also,"Courage" was the red herring

Sep 4 2010, 3:22 am Azrael Post #491

Quote from DevliN
A few people have also linked multiple "clues" to Wing, yet that somehow seems irrelevant to you?

A few people have also linked multiple "clues" to Riney, before this obvious one even popped up, yet that somehow seems irrelevant to you?

Sep 4 2010, 3:22 am DevliN Post #492

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

@Wing: What about during Night 2?

My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 4 2010, 3:23 am Azrael Post #493

Quote from Wing Zero

Hello, Mr. Zero. We regret to inform you that your request for an investigation was unable to be completed. The officer assigned to this task, Derqua was killed last night.

Who were you trying to investigate?

Sep 4 2010, 3:25 am Roy Post #494

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
Quote from Wing Zero

$10 on Raccoon.

What are the odds of both patrolmen getting killed in the first two nights with actions ?2/17 + 1/13 = 43/221 = ~19.5%? I was never good at probability, so check my math on that. Close to 1/5. I guess not unreasonable, but still kinda suspicious. It now clears Wing from having to do investigations.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Sep 4 2010, 3:44 am by Roy.

Sep 4 2010, 3:27 am Apos Post #495

I order you to forgive yourself!

Bad luck Derqua didn't bend down, he knew a clue that most people didn't know. Just a simple little :stfu:

Sep 4 2010, 3:32 am Wing Zero Post #496

Lol Roy nailed it :P, it was Raccoon

Also, I mentioned this before but this is the exact wording:

You receive a call from the police station saying that the best PATROLMAN in the town was found dead last night (TiKels), and the other hasn't shown up to work in 3 days. The one remaining PATROLMAN's whereabouts are unknown, but the police station promised to let you know as soon as he showed up again.

So I never even knew who the last guy was till he died

Sep 4 2010, 3:40 am DevliN Post #497

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Roy
Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
Quote from Wing Zero

$10 on Raccoon.

What are the odds of both patrolmen getting killed in the first two nights with actions? 2/17 + 1/13 = 43/221 = ~19.5%? I was never good at probability, so check my math on that. Close to 1/5. I guess not unreasonable, but still kinda suspicious. It now clears Wing from having to do investigations.
Just to quickly recap:
On Night 2, there were 4 hits (including 1 Patrolman). 5/5 Mafia were alive (including the Mafia Doctor).
On Night 3, there were 2 hits (including 1 Patrolman) and a Boondock kill. 4/5 Mafia were alive (ToA died after his hit).

Supposing Wing is Mafia, that would explain why there was at least one less hit on Night 3 and perhaps the reason why there was 1 less on Night 2 for that matter.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 4 2010, 3:47 am by DevliN.

My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 4 2010, 3:48 am Wing Zero Post #498

Ewww that totally makes me look like mafia (maybe they planned for this to happen?) I used power hide night 2...

Sep 4 2010, 3:50 am Bar Refaeli Post #499

Quote from Norm
@Apos, it would actually be the funniest if Wing turned out to be the zombie and he killed Riney after getting lynch. Talk about turn arounds!

EDIT: Oh, and here's this

Official vote tally:

Raccoon - Wing Zero
Roy - Wing Zero
DevliN - Wing Zero
Riney - Wing Zero
Lotu)s - Wing Zero (5)
Azrael.Wrath - Riney
Leeroy_Jenkins - Riney
Dem0ns1ayer - Riney
Zilean - Riney
Apos - Riney (5)

10/14 players have voted.
Note Voted = Tempz, Wing Zero, OlimarandLouie, Nasus
Currently up for lynching = Riney (5 votes)
Quote from name:Raccoon
I vote Wing Zero (there is a 1% chance of me staying on this vote, but just in case someone finds a real clue on him, I want to have the first vote in case there is a tie)
Even though this isn't important anymore.... I had the first vote, therefore since that shows a tie, it should be Wing Zero dying, not Riney.

Red = A cruel hint of what is about to happen. Talk about turn arounds, eh Norm?

None.

Sep 4 2010, 3:51 am DevliN Post #500

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Wing Zero
Ewww that totally makes me look like mafia (maybe they planned for this to happen?) I used power hide night 2...
Yet another reason why there was 1 less hit on Night 2. :P

Also, how did you use Power Hide if you investigated both nights?

Quote from Wing Zero
You receive a call from the police station saying that the best PATROLMAN in the town was found dead last night (TiKels), and the other hasn't shown up to work in 3 days. The one remaining PATROLMAN's whereabouts are unknown, but the police station promised to let you know as soon as he showed up again.
Quote from Wing Zero
TiKels was hit night 2, so you had to have investigated that same night.

My Overwatch addiction.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 23 24 25 26 2748 >
  Back to forum