Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Minerals, Games and Stores are back online
Minerals, Games and Stores are back online
Aug 7 2010, 6:53 pm
By: Devourer
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 >

Aug 9 2010, 10:02 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #81

👻 👾 👽 💪

Shouldn't the magic box stats ("Lucky" and "Unlucky") be reset? Those values no longer apply ...

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Aug 9 2010, 1:50 pm Aristocrat Post #82

Quote from FoxWolf1
Is the "disable fun" option going to come back? I remember finding it quite useful, since I don't typically post at a rate that would cause me to accumulate any meaningful amount of minerals.

What is said "disable fun" option?

None.

Aug 9 2010, 1:56 pm rockz Post #83

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

you lose all your active items and get signature, title, 25 kB avatar space.

Except that didn't stop you from gaining minerals or buying from the store, I don't think.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Aug 9 2010, 2:05 pm Azrael Post #84

I think the raffle should add the full 20 minerals to the jackpot. I don't really understand why 50% is being taken just to be deleted. It also skews the payout odds, after 5 people enter (100 minerals, 1/5 chance of winning, 20 mineral pay-in) then you're paying in too much compared to the payout and the odds of winning it.

As an example, you shouldn't pay $20 for a chance at winning $250 if your chances of winning are 1:20. Odds and payouts usually tend to reflect one another, like the chances of winning a Black or Red bet on a roulette table is roughly 50%, and winning doubles your bet. That's generally how it works.

With a lottery system, this isn't an issue because more people entering doesn't decrease your chances of winning. Normally a 50/50 raffle is something people buy a ticket for because the other 50% of their money is going to help an organization of some kind, like a school, hospital, or church. I don't really see any reason to do it in a gambling setting where the other 50% is being deleted.

Aug 9 2010, 2:10 pm Aristocrat Post #85

Again, I wish to put forth my proposition in changing the raffle system as follows:

Quote from Aristocrat
Also Dev, since you're fixing the raffle, why not set it up like this? Not like SEN's servers run on minerals anyway, so no point creating "money sinks" ;o.
-Every ticket contributes 20 minerals to the raffle.
-Winner takes 50% of the pot. The remainder go into the next round's jackpot.

The jackpot size will never exceed 400 if fewer than 10 people buy tickets. The more people who buy tickets, the larger the pot is, and a large pot from one round carries slightly over to the next so people have incentive to "re-try".

It's also ridiculously easy to implement.

None.

Aug 9 2010, 2:47 pm Devourer Post #86

Hello

Nude suggested...something...totally awesome... but still weird... it's a new item:
http://www.staredit.net/?p=store&area=slist
:awesome:

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 9 2010, 2:53 pm by Devourer.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Aug 9 2010, 3:35 pm LoTu)S Post #87

Quote from Devourer
Nude suggested...something...totally awesome... but still weird... it's a new item:
http://www.staredit.net/?p=store&area=slist
:awesome:

D: I suggested that ages ago, but with a 1000 - 3000 min value. Reason it being so high is that as more people get their own smiley, the value of each plummets, which is why the smiley should be rare and cost in the thousands.

(yes kame, im hindering your quest for a :kame:)

None.

Aug 9 2010, 6:15 pm Azrael Post #88

Quote from LoTu)S
1000 - 3000 min value. Reason it being so high is that as more people get their own smiley, the value of each plummets, which is why the smiley should be rare and cost in the thousands.
I agree completely with this.

Aug 9 2010, 7:41 pm UnholyUrine Post #89

NUU I NEED A :URINE: But i'm flat broke..

Are we still not going to have any minerals showing in under people's avatars? ..
I still think that it's as good idea to spur some healthy competition

None.

Aug 9 2010, 8:16 pm NudeRaider Post #90

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

If anything minerals should be private. The last thing we need is even more people spamming because of them. Everyone knows that he gets minerals for winning contests and such, so I don't think we need to spur anything.

Aug 10 2010, 2:05 am payne Post #91

:payne:

Just a recommendation: some items should have a maximum of use?
I'm probably not clear enough:

People shouldn't be able to spam their 1k stupid smileys only because they have minerals. They can buy 1k Get-ur-own-smiley items, but would be able to use a maximum of 2 only. The rest would be for trade purpose only.

None.

Aug 10 2010, 9:31 am Devourer Post #92

Hello

Custom smilies are a one use item, you should read the description: when you use it a second time, it will replace your old smilie.

Aug 10 2010, 1:32 pm Aristocrat Post #93

Quote from Devourer
Custom smilies are a one use item, you should read the description: when you use it a second time, it will replace your old smilie.

Do you get to set the string that defines the smiley, or does it default to your current username? An :aristocrat: smiley would be far more unwieldy to type out than :ari:, and similarly :kame: as opposed to :Fire-Kame:.

None.

Aug 10 2010, 2:21 pm Devourer Post #94

Hello

learn to read item descriptions.

Aug 10 2010, 2:40 pm Generalpie Post #95

Staredit Puckwork

Quote from Devourer
learn to read item descriptions.
my quest for :pie: begins

None.

Aug 10 2010, 6:41 pm payne Post #96

:payne:

What about 2 new games?

1. Horse Race:
8 horses race each other every 24 hours.
You can buy a ticket between 10 and 100 minerals to bet on one horse.
At the designated time, the race occur (no need to animate or anything) and the winner is revealed.
The thing could be as simple as: if your horse won, you win two times your bet, else, you lose the money you've spent to buy your ticket.
... or it can be as complex as the actual horse-racing bids.

2. Roulette:
Occurs every 24 hours. No animation required either.
Can bet on as many numbers you want.
Can bet on only 1 color.
Can't bet on a color and one or many numbers.
Can bet 10, 25, 50 or 100 on a number.
Roulette image

Probably reduce the number of numbers in there and simplify the rules (only bet on numbers or color, not lines, outsides, streets, etc.).
I suggest 20 numbers.

If the right number is chosen, gain= 3x.
If it's the right color, gain= 1,5x.

ME WANT TO SPEND MY MINERALS FASTER IN GAMES! >:O

None.

Aug 10 2010, 6:58 pm rockz Post #97

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

What about the rockz game?

1. Rockz game:
Infinite opportunities to play.
Each ticket costs 5 minerals.
When you buy a ticket, the minerals get sent to me.
The game will say that you have a small chance of getting a store item, but in reality, nothing ever happens and I just get more minerals.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Aug 10 2010, 7:41 pm NudeRaider Post #98

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Horse race could be interesting if you'd include actual horses. Lets say every horse starts at 100 speed and is added a random number between -10 and 10 when the race starts.
Then each horse gets a number added between -x and x where x is the 5 + difference in speed to the fastest horse. The fastest horse gets a number added between -y and y where y is 0.5 * the difference to the 2nd fastest horse.

Example:
...........Horse 1 . . | Horse 2 . .| Horse 3 . . | Horse 4 . .| Horse 5 . .| Horse 6 . . | Horse 7 . .| Horse 8
1. Race 100 +/-10 | 100 +/-10 | 100 +/-10 | 100 +/-10 | 100 +/-10 | 100 +/-10 | 100 +/-10 | 100 +/-10 (Random numbers: 5, -5, 3, 9, -4, -8, 8, 1)
2. Race 105 +/-9 . .| 95 +/-19 | 103 +/-11 | 109 +/-1 . .| 96 +/-18 . | 92 +/-22 | 108 +/-6 . | 101 +/-13

3rd race any horse could theoretically win, but some horses are more likely to win than others. Just like in rl, right? :awesome:

I haven't analyzed the chances of winning, but maybe make it so that you can win 3 times the minerals you spent on a ticket.
As an upgrade we could add odds so that each horse multiplies your bet with a different factor, depending on how far it is behind.

Thinking about it, I really like the idea. I can already see the people analyze and discuss it.
EDIT: Lol this has potential. We could add occasional random events like: Horse 4 is DQ due to illness. Horse 2 gets +10 due to drugs. Horse 1 gets -5 due to being love sick. :lol:

Also, lol rockz, but I think my variation can be balanced so that it isn't just a money sink.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Aug 10 2010, 7:49 pm by NudeRaider.

Aug 10 2010, 8:27 pm Azrael Post #99

Just got home, about to head out again, but I have time for a post so I figured it should be here because one of the ideas was so great: Roulette!

I don't think there should be such weird percentages though. Make it so you can bet on any number of spots, and the payouts are the same as normal roulette since the odds of winning are the same. Also make sure there is a minimum and maximum bet (or maybe you have to bet exactly 20 on any spot your choose).

How often it would happen is debatable, but 24 hours per spin seems pretty steep. 13 hours, like the Magic Boxes, seems more reasonable. Anyways, I'm out. Just wanted to say that that's a cool idea.

Aug 10 2010, 8:44 pm Echo Post #100

Poker would be great.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 >
  Back to forum