Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Minerals, Games and Stores are back online
Minerals, Games and Stores are back online
Aug 7 2010, 6:53 pm
By: Devourer
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 6 >

Aug 8 2010, 12:22 am Azrael Post #61

Quote from Aristocrat
But then you have no incentive to put in more than 1 mineral (or whatever the base entry fee is).
It's supposed to be for gambling purposes. The reason you bet more money is to make more money. I'll bet you 85 minerals right now that I beat you in a game of <insert whatever game you want>. I WANT TO GAMBLE AND COMPETE! I GOTTA HUSTLE ME SOME MINERALS!!

More gambling options wanted. Games of skill involving betting against and taking money from other willing gamblers preferred.

Aug 8 2010, 5:25 am DavidJCobb Post #62

The Store should show how many minerals you have at all times. "I don't have enough? Well, lemme check. I hope I don't have to go all the way to my profile! ...FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU--"

EDIT: Also, this. It's missing something. :P

None.

Aug 8 2010, 5:31 am rockz Post #63

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Title Enabler
Enables the use of titles.

On hand: 1 [ Use ] [ Sell ]

Average you paid for each: -1 minerals
Well that's neat...

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Aug 8 2010, 5:48 am UnholyUrine Post #64

FUX I JUST LOST MY 20 MINERALS INTO THE MAGIC BOXES...
NUUU

EDIT: I am already bankcrupt ... this is just great :(

None.

Aug 8 2010, 1:06 pm Aristocrat Post #65

Magic Boxes:
According to Devourer, the expected value from each of the boxes in a fresh round is 20 minerals; hence, the average value of the amount of minerals in all the boxes is 20, and thus if you're the first to play, your expected winnings is zero. If someone already played the game and opened 0 mineral boxes, though... your expected winnings is now a positive number, because there are less 0 boxes to worry about.

So a crude winning strategy would be: average the value of the boxes already opened. If the average exceeds 20, it's not beneficial to play the game. If the average is under 20, then your expected winnings is positive and thus it is better to play than to not play, in a way. If the average is 20... up to you.

Also Dev, since you're fixing the raffle, why not set it up like this? Not like SEN's servers run on minerals anyway, so no point creating "money sinks" ;o.
-Every ticket contributes 20 minerals to the raffle.
-Winner takes 50% of the pot. The remainder go into the next round's jackpot.

None.

Aug 8 2010, 1:09 pm Devourer Post #66

Hello

Which leads to 432483243902483420 minerals in the raffle after a year, lol... nope, sorry^^
But I might increase the 10 to 20, unsure.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Aug 8 2010, 1:23 pm Aristocrat Post #67

Quote from Devourer
Which leads to 432483243902483420 minerals in the raffle after a year, lol... nope, sorry^^

The system is perfectly self-sustaining ;o. All money that goes into the raffle eventually comes out of it, and to keep the raffle at like, say, 2000 minerals, 50 people have to buy the ticket every round because 1000 would be won by the winner. Remember that the jackpot essentially halves every round unless more people buy tickets.

Considering the current number of active members who have minerals... It shouldn't be a problem. :P

None.

Aug 8 2010, 1:34 pm Devourer Post #68

Hello

Considering that you can buy all items with winning the raffle twice or three times makes me tend to... no ;)

Aug 8 2010, 1:34 pm Azrael Post #69

Yeah, it's not like it'd be generating new minerals.

Edit: Ninja'd.

Aug 8 2010, 1:36 pm Aristocrat Post #70

Quote from Devourer
winning the raffle twice or three times

Quote from Aristocrat
50 people have to buy the ticket every round

1/50 ^ 3 = 1/125000

>_>

<_<

Just saying.

None.

Aug 8 2010, 1:39 pm Devourer Post #71

Hello

Maybe I'll do a Raffle Extreme :P
Mainly, it works like normal raffle, you can join with 20 minerals OR join and raise by 10, 15 or 20 minerals.

If you join and raise by 20 the next one who wants to join have to put 40 minerals in it and so on and so on.
The reason when there would be a raising-limit is, that else someone like Farty with 500 minerals would put them all in it and no one could join anylonger.
Also, 100% reward would be there (like your entire input will be put into the pot, not like the 50/50 raffle), get it?

Aug 8 2010, 3:58 pm poiuy_qwert Post #72

PyMS and ProTRG developer

Woot my collection of items is still here

13x Avatar+5
3x Global Space+1
4x PM+75
18x Title Enabler
2x Excaliban (I liked Mug of Moose appreciation better…)
9x Signature Enabler
1x Blank Item name with no image?

What is the blank item?

Aug 8 2010, 3:59 pm Devourer Post #73

Hello

Moose wanted his mug to be removed. If he didn't want to, I wouldn't had to.
The empty field probably is DLDB or Portal advertising. or clan color. I had to delete these items, I will fix that glitch later but it got a very low priority^^

Aug 8 2010, 8:36 pm Alzarath Post #74

Praetor

I disapprove of the fact that edits don't increase minerals. This pushes people away from editing their posts and towards double-posting. Perhaps making it so you just get more minerals relative to the added characters in the post, and lose minerals from removing details?

None.

Aug 8 2010, 8:38 pm Devourer Post #75

Hello

Artanis, we currently are creating tools to avoid abusing, like editing a post which is a year old. No one would notice. So, I'll prolly enable it as soon as we got our moderation tools done.

Aug 8 2010, 8:45 pm Alzarath Post #76

Praetor

Quote from Devourer
Artanis, we currently are creating tools to avoid abusing, like editing a post which is a year old. No one would notice. So, I'll prolly enable it as soon as we got our moderation tools done.

Simply make it so it doesn't count for posts that are X amount of time old. Also, make an exclusion for OPs of active topics.

None.

Aug 8 2010, 10:22 pm Devourer Post #77

Hello

RAFFLE IS NOAW WORKING PROPERLY AGAIN! SORRY FOR THE GLITCH AND ENJOY THE GAME NOW!

Aug 9 2010, 3:28 am NudeRaider Post #78

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from name:Artanis186
Quote from Devourer

Simply make it so it doesn't count for posts that are X amount of time old. Also, make an exclusion for OPs of active topics.
Pretty much what I was suggesting...
Just be patient. Things will get done eventually, but don't expect everything to be done over night.

Aug 9 2010, 5:36 am FoxWolf1 Post #79

Is the "disable fun" option going to come back? I remember finding it quite useful, since I don't typically post at a rate that would cause me to accumulate any meaningful amount of minerals.

None.

Aug 9 2010, 6:50 am Sand Wraith Post #80

she/her

Can I receive minerals for past contributions, e.g. my Doomageddon GRP pack and organizing the mod section of the DLDB?

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 6 >
  Back to forum