Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Minerals, Games and Stores are back online
Minerals, Games and Stores are back online
Aug 7 2010, 6:53 pm
By: Devourer
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 56 >

Aug 7 2010, 10:54 pm Devourer Post #41

Hello

Sure, tomorrow or somewhen, Aristo :)

Titles and signatures aren't too expensive. We'll see.
Vrael, PM me for free suspensions :awesome:

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Aug 7 2010, 10:55 pm DavidJCobb Post #42

LoTu)S, they may be cheap relative to other items, but relative to the rate at which minerals are acquired (or, at least, the apparent rate of this acquisition), they're mad expensive.

Wait-- goddamnit! They actually removed titles now!

EDIT: Also, I'd like it if I could see how many minerals I and others have without having to crack open my/their profile(s) and look for a bland, barely-marked statistic that doesn't even have a mineral icon or other relevant attention-grabber near it. At the very least, make the number of minerals someone has more prominent on their profile. (Perhaps combine that with the "give minerals" link, and change the text of that link to something that isn't god-awful?)

Showing a person's mineral count beneath the Contact/Online buttons would be pretty neat.

Also, thank you for not counting edits. This edit is much more constructive than the original post, and now it's all worthless. I'm having a hard time resisting the temptation to copy and paste all of this and just double-post it.

None.

Aug 7 2010, 11:02 pm Aristocrat Post #43

Counting edits is too abusable, and come on, it's only 53 minerals.

We could display the mineral count at the top right of the page Brood War style if the user is logged in, retrieving mid is trivial.

None.

Aug 7 2010, 11:06 pm DavidJCobb Post #44

Quote from Aristocrat
Counting edits is too abusable, and come on, it's only 53 minerals.

We could display the mineral count at the top right of the page Brood War style if the user is logged in, retrieving mid is trivial.
That actually crossed my mind. It'd be pretty neat, seeing as it's near the utility nav (Welcome panel), but that definitely should not be the only place that minerals are displayed at. Showing each member's minerals in their posts would be pretty neat.

I've also been toying with an idea, though it's probably unworkable unless Dev does some serious coding to facilitate it... It'd be a thin bar that stays anchored to the bottom of the screen at all times, showing the number of PMs/notices you have (and linking to the Message Center) on the left, and showing the utility nav's contents (username, settings, messages) with minerals at the right...

None.

Aug 7 2010, 11:08 pm LoTu)S Post #45

Quote from DavidJCobb
LoTu)S, they may be cheap relative to other items, but relative to the rate at which minerals are acquired (or, at least, the apparent rate of this acquisition), they're mad expensive.

Which is why i suggested that activity should also give minerals. If 5 minerals were given per new activity, in 50 days that would result to 250 minerals which is enough to buy a title.

None.

Aug 7 2010, 11:11 pm Devourer Post #46

Hello

So you logged in 50 times for a title which no one will ever see because you are not posting?

Aug 7 2010, 11:14 pm LoTu)S Post #47

Quote from Devourer
So you logged in 50 times for a title which no one will ever see because you are not posting?

That would apply to the previous system ("you must have X activity to use this") also. 5 minerals isn't even that much. Most people like Aristocrat can just post something worth 5 minerals in a snap. :)

None.

Aug 7 2010, 11:14 pm Aristocrat Post #48

Quote from Devourer

^

Activity is activity, shouldn't have to do with minerals. Logging in rewards you one resource, not both :awesome:.

None.

Aug 7 2010, 11:18 pm Devourer Post #49

Hello

I did not design the activity = features system, it's pretty bad as well as activity is not the same as real "activity", get it?

Aug 7 2010, 11:30 pm Aristocrat Post #50

Quote from DavidJCobb
I've also been toying with an idea, though it's probably unworkable unless Dev does some serious coding to facilitate it... It'd be a thin bar that stays anchored to the bottom of the screen at all times, showing the number of PMs/notices you have (and linking to the Message Center) on the left, and showing the utility nav's contents (username, settings, messages) with minerals at the right...

If I may suggest we just take the whole BW UI and use its elements to display some stats (use mouseover tooltips to show what each item is):

Minerals: minerals
Gas: activity or posts; contest points? nah. Maybe severity :awesome:
Zerg Control: PM storage (used/total)
Terran Supply: Notifications (unread/total)
Protoss Psi: Administration Reports (unread/0), make it red so it looks like you're over the psi limit in BW.

None.

Aug 7 2010, 11:33 pm Devourer Post #51

Hello

THE 50/50 RAFFLE CURRENTLY APPEARS TO BE A BIT BUGGY, I'LL GET ON IT VERY SOON, DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DO NOT WASTE YOUR MINERALS THERE!

Aug 7 2010, 11:50 pm Azrael Post #52

Too late, I already bought a ticket! :hurr:

I'll trade you a raffle ticket for 20 minerals though :awesome:

Aug 7 2010, 11:55 pm DavidJCobb Post #53

Quote from Aristocrat
Quote from DavidJCobb

If I may suggest we just take the whole BW UI and use its elements to display some stats (use mouseover tooltips to show what each item is):

Minerals: minerals
Gas: activity or posts; contest points? nah. Maybe severity :awesome:
Zerg Control: PM storage (used/total)
Terran Supply: Notifications (unread/total)
Protoss Psi: Administration Reports (unread/0), make it red so it looks like you're over the psi limit in BW.
Nope. I don't think "PMs" when I see a tiny supply icon with a Hydralisk silhouette or whatever on it. Use actual straightforward icons, like an envelope, a triangle with a "!", etc.. Only Minerals should be Minerals.

None.

Aug 7 2010, 11:57 pm Devourer Post #54

Hello

Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
Too late, I already bought a ticket! :hurr:

I'll trade you a raffle ticket for 20 minerals though :awesome:
lol'd

Aug 8 2010, 12:11 am Azrael Post #55

Quote from Devourer
lol'd
Why are you laughing?! :hurr: This is serious business!

I NEED THAT PM SPACE!! I EARNED THOSE 20 MINERALS FAIR AND SQUARE!!! I WANT EM BACK ON NOM NOM!!!!!!

Aug 8 2010, 12:13 am Devourer Post #56

Hello

I gave ya 20 due to the fact that you are right... about SRS BSNSS!

Aug 8 2010, 12:14 am Aristocrat Post #57

Quote from Devourer
lol'd
Why are you laughing?! :hurr: This is serious business!

I NEED THAT PM SPACE!! I EARNED THOSE 20 MINERALS FAIR AND SQUARE!!! I WANT EM BACK ON NOM NOM!!!!!!

Why don't you just dump the PMs into a text/rtf file and delete old PMs? It's what I plan to do for my game.

None.

Aug 8 2010, 12:17 am Azrael Post #58

Thank you so much, I would give you some +karma if I could :)

I think that the magic boxes should be more frequent, or that there should be other ways to gamble.

Oh wait, here is the best idea!

Competitive gambling! So like, you put in a game where people can compete against each other (directly at the same time, or via score at different times), and each person puts up X minerals to compete (maybe can be adjusted by whoever initiates the competition).

Then, whoever wins gets all the money! Yeah!

Games of skill baby, let's see some Jetman or some shit. Whatever is possible. That'd be epicness.

Quote from Aristocrat
Why don't you just dump the PMs into a text/rtf file and delete old PMs? It's what I plan to do for my game.
That's what I've been doing, I hit the PM limit like halfway through Turn 3. It'd be more convenient though lol.

Aug 8 2010, 12:19 am Devourer Post #59

Hello

Or.. maybe... as a coder... cheat your PM space? ;D
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/768/pmsl.png
(I do this for managing the (on average) 3 requests I get a day, I don't like deleting so I can follow stuff afterwards... somewhat a libary)

EDIT: wrath, I'll prolly add one more game, yet there are more important stuff to do and manage. So not now, sorry :P

Aug 8 2010, 12:19 am Aristocrat Post #60

Thank you so much, I would give you some +karma if I could :)

I think that the magic boxes should be more frequent, or that there should be other ways to gamble.

Oh wait, here is the best idea!

Competitive gambling! So like, you put in a game where people can compete against each other (directly at the same time, or via score at different times), and each person puts up X minerals to compete (maybe can be adjusted by whoever initiates the competition).

Then, whoever wins gets all the money! Yeah!

Games of skill baby, let's see some Jetman or some shit. Whatever is possible. That'd be epicness.

But then you have no incentive to put in more than 1 mineral (or whatever the base entry fee is).

I mean, the magic boxes is just there for novelty purposes. Lol. We'll stabilize prices then introduce new uses for minerals.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 56 >
  Back to forum