Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Minerals, Games and Stores are back online
Minerals, Games and Stores are back online
Aug 7 2010, 6:53 pm
By: Devourer
Pages: < 1 2 3 46 >

Aug 7 2010, 8:11 pm Tempz Post #21

What forums posting will receive minerals >:O?

None.

Aug 7 2010, 8:12 pm Devourer Post #22

Hello

STAFF SECRET LAWL!

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Aug 7 2010, 8:18 pm LoTu)S Post #23

Shouldn't the length of the post determine the amout of minerals gained as well...?

For now i'll ignore the mineral system if I want to avoid my motivation on SEN being for minerals, rather than content.

Is the secret Enable fun? :awesome:

None.

Aug 7 2010, 8:22 pm Aristocrat Post #24

Quote from LoTu)S
Shouldn't the length of the post determine the amout of minerals gained as well...?

For now i'll ignore the mineral system if I want to avoid my motivation on SEN being for minerals, rather than content.

It does; you can get up to 5 minerals for a 1k character post, from what I've estimated.

But really? Textwalling when you can get the point across in one sentence is unnecessary, even if it gives more minerals. Try not to do that.

None.

Aug 7 2010, 8:23 pm Devourer Post #25

Hello

Please, do not complain about the minerals gaining values. We have made it lower due to the experience we gained by the early v5 minerals system. We'll obs the average gaining and raise or lower it if necessary.

Aug 7 2010, 8:55 pm Phobos Post #26

Are you sure about that?

Ah, I will finally get a chance to get some more avatar space and name color... But I guess it is going to be a long time before that happens.

Also, <3 Exaliban.

this is signature

Aug 7 2010, 9:14 pm Azrael Post #27

After looking at the store, I have to say there's one obvious thing I want.

Aug 7 2010, 9:20 pm Aristocrat Post #28

Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath

Signatures?

Because I can't change it right now and it's stuck on "hits exceeded" due to SEN's traffic :massimo:.

None.

Aug 7 2010, 9:22 pm NudeRaider Post #29

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

You people need to learn to read...
Quote from Tempz
What forums posting will receive minerals >:O?
Quote from NudeRaider
for now it should suffice to know that mainly SC1 or SC2 related forums give minerals and the more productive the forum, the more you can gain.

Quote from LoTu)S
Quote from NudeRaider
The reason longer posts give you more minerals is to fight the decline in post quality you mentioned. Quotes and edits don't net you minerals btw.

Aug 7 2010, 9:24 pm Vrael Post #30

Everyone complaining about "OMG PEOPLE R GUNNA SPAM AND ABUSE AND GET MORE MINERALS THAN ME" should STFU. Minerals are a game. A game. Not some sort of measure of elitism within the site, we have ranks/staff/devilesk sucking up to IP/old farts like DTBK and Moose/activity/ect for that. PLAY THE GAME AND BE HAPPY IT EXISTS.

None.

Aug 7 2010, 9:27 pm Aristocrat Post #31

Quote from Vrael
Everyone complaining about "OMG PEOPLE R GUNNA SPAM AND ABUSE AND GET MORE MINERALS THAN ME" should STFU. Minerals are a game. A game. Not some sort of measure of elitism within the site, we have ranks/staff/devilesk sucking up to IP/old farts like DTBK and Moose/activity/ect for that. PLAY THE GAME AND BE HAPPY IT EXISTS.

It's more along the lines of "OMG PEOPLE R GUNNA SPAM AND MAKE THE POST QUALITY OF FORUMS PLUMMET". Vrael is right in that the mineral system is just a virtual currency that exists mostly for entertainment and decorative purposes. Don't take it too seriously and just post the way you would as if minerals didn't exist.

None.

Aug 7 2010, 9:29 pm Azrael Post #32

Quote from Aristocrat
Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath

Signatures?

PM space :lol:

Aug 7 2010, 9:33 pm Vrael Post #33

Quote from Aristocrat
It's more along the lines of "OMG PEOPLE R GUNNA SPAM AND MAKE THE POST QUALITY OF FORUMS PLUMMET". Vrael is right in that the mineral system is just a virtual currency that exists mostly for entertainment and decorative purposes. Don't take it too seriously and just post the way you would as if minerals didn't exist.
That's what people are saying, but what they really mean is "OMG OTHER PEEPS GUNNA GET MORE THAN ME"

Besides, don't people already spam? And since when did the forums have any quality? Are people going to suddenly spam Null with useless forum games, news topics, cries for attention, and -- OH WAIT. THAT HAPPENS ALREADY. LULZ. Are the mapping assistance channels suddenly going to have hordes of answers to the questions asked? OH WAIT, WE WANT THAT TO HAPPEN DONT WE? LULZ. Is Media Art and Literature going to be overrun? No, because no one posts there anyway. See my point?

None.

Aug 7 2010, 9:39 pm Roy Post #34

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from Vrael
Are the mapping assistance channels suddenly going to have hordes of answers to the questions asked? OH WAIT, WE WANT THAT TO HAPPEN DONT WE? LULZ.
If I recall correctly, the mapping assistance sections were flooded with "Yeah, what the guy above me said will work. Let me restate what he posted in slightly different words."

Is this going to take away my signature? There goes 1 download per month... I say with no signature attached.

Aug 7 2010, 9:42 pm Devourer Post #35

Hello

Spam and get suspended for free. All inclusive!

Aug 7 2010, 10:30 pm Vrael Post #36

Quote from Devourer
Well, what if I want to buy a suspension, and don't want to spam to get one? How many minerals does that cost?

None.

Aug 7 2010, 10:33 pm LoTu)S Post #37

Quote from Devourer

What would be the definition for spam in this case?
-Real short posts that quickly bring a point around
-long posts that simply repeat what others have said before
-posts that simply have 5 characters that have nothing to do with the OP
-quoting someone and giving them a quick rebuttal on their thoughts?

No seriously, I'm curious, gotta think before posting now.

None.

Aug 7 2010, 10:34 pm DavidJCobb Post #38

Why are "small" items like post titles and signatures so expensive? I should think that seeing as virtually every other forum on the Internet gives you these things off the bat, they should at least be fairly cheap.

None.

Aug 7 2010, 10:41 pm LoTu)S Post #39

Quote from DavidJCobb
Why are "small" items like post titles and signatures so expensive? I should think that seeing as virtually every other forum on the Internet gives you these things off the bat, they should at least be fairly cheap.

Compared to other items in the SEN store, titles and signatures are actually close to cheapest right now, name change being 200 minerals, Signature being 350 minerals and title is 250.
I'm just curious as to why the signature required 50 activity and the title required 100 activity when the signature is being priced at a higher level.

None.

Aug 7 2010, 10:44 pm Aristocrat Post #40

If they are going to be items, please at least remove the 400-pixel width limit on signatures. No one uses 800x600 screen resolution, let alone the 640x480 that would necessitate a 400 pixel width limit. A limit of 600x150 or 800x150 is far more reasonable.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 46 >
  Back to forum