Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: Gaming Fails
Gaming Fails
May 24 2010, 4:36 pm
By: Wing Zero
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

May 27 2010, 7:53 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #21

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from RIVE
Sounds familiar. During my own run of Jak II (First run was played switching off with a friend) my brother wanted a file, but he started a new file over mine causing the original to erase. I was half way through the game when it happened. When I got back to where I was, my nephew decided to play and start a new file over my file. There were two vacant spots to start new files! No one reads when playing video games, I swear!
Still not as bad as turning on your Pokemon game to find "The save game file is corrupt!". :( For any of you who have played pokemon (everyone), you should know that owning a pokemon game for several years means you already have 9001[sup]9001[/sup hours on it. ... :( I cried.

lol@OP. My brother and sister were racing to see who could beat the game first ... My brother got ahead (somehow), and told my sister that you need to use the master sword to beat Volvagia. :P Believing him, she couldn't beat him until I told her that he used the hammer.

My first time playing FFIX was at my friend's house (because I didn't own a PS or the game ..).. I beat disc 1, and disc 2. I asked him where disc 3 was, and he says "Oh, disc 3? I think my mom broke it like a week ago." :-( And if you've never played FFIX, that's where it starts getting into the climax of the story. ;o

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

May 27 2010, 8:27 pm Wing Zero Post #22

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Quote from MadZombie
I killed a shiny pokemon

Ouch, worst that happened to me was i killed a pikachu I spent a half a day trying to catch, but thats nowhere NEAR as bad as killing a shiny.

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
My first time playing FFIX was at my friend's house (because I didn't own a PS or the game ..).. I beat disc 1, and disc 2. I asked him where disc 3 was, and he says "Oh, disc 3? I think my mom broke it like a week ago." :-( And if you've never played FFIX, that's where it starts getting into the climax of the story. ;o

This part is actually familiar, but for me it was disk 3 of Legend of the Dragoon and i don't really know what happened to it. I actually like that game better then most FF games, but that's probably just me. I have a rom of it now but the only problem is disk switching doesn't work right so I can't go back a disk to get stuff I missed.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 27 2010, 8:33 pm by Wing Zero.

May 31 2010, 4:34 am Dem0n Post #23

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I tried to create a gamertag for xbox live, and in the process, I somehow managed to delete my current profile, thus deleting all my games and gamerscore. I had some damn good characters on my games too. :><:

May 31 2010, 5:33 am Syphon Post #24

A 100% completion run of Banjo Kazooie... Minus a single note on Rusty Bucket Bay.

None.

May 31 2010, 5:42 am poison_us Post #25

Back* from the grave

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
Quote from RIVE
Sounds familiar. During my own run of Jak II (First run was played switching off with a friend) my brother wanted a file, but he started a new file over mine causing the original to erase. I was half way through the game when it happened. When I got back to where I was, my nephew decided to play and start a new file over my file. There were two vacant spots to start new files! No one reads when playing video games, I swear!
Still not as bad as turning on your Pokemon game to find "The save game file is corrupt!". :( For any of you who have played pokemon (everyone), you should know that owning a pokemon game for several years means you already have 9001[sup]9001[/sup hours on it. ... :( I cried.

lol@OP. My brother and sister were racing to see who could beat the game first ... My brother got ahead (somehow), and told my sister that you need to use the master sword to beat Volvagia. :P Believing him, she couldn't beat him until I told her that he used the hammer.

Owned pokemon Silver since 2001, still playing without swapping in a new battery. IDK how.
Also, I'm 5 minutes into the video, and I see nothing that's a fail, except a guy continually startling a witch thing. Probably doesn't help that I don't play :ermm:

Jul 15 2010, 3:07 am Wing Zero Post #26

I was playing campaign in StarCraft again and i was on the last mission. I had a a bunch of carriers (lol) and was about to assault the overmind when I checked on my Terren base and couldn't find Raynor. I found him a couple seconds later fighting an army of hydras and dies just as I reach the base. Apparently, he chased an ultralisk that ran past my base and got ambushed by hydras. I got so frustrated that when I restarted the mission I turned on power overwhelming and soloed it with Raynor and Tassadar. I got annoyed that I beat the last mission using cheats so I played it again and massed Bcs and carriers and raped everything.

Jul 15 2010, 3:29 am ImagoDeo Post #27

Quote from MadZombie
I killed a shiny pokemon

I've never even SEEN a shiny. And this from the guy who wasted 430+ hours of his life on Pokemon: Ruby.

So a buddy and I were playing Halo III on his 360. I'm not very good at it, since I don't own it and he lives in Texas - over 12 hours drive - so we were just messing around trying to kill each other using only warthogs. I got sick and tired of it and jumped on top of his warthog to shoot him in the head with my pistol (which, for some reason, you can't disable). Ten shots later and I'm wondering why he's still alive when suddenly he drives off the edge of the cliff. Now get this - As he's driving off it, he climbs out of the driver's side of the vehicle, climbs up the falling warthog and jumps to safety while I fall into the bottomless abyss.

Wtf.

None.

Jul 15 2010, 4:34 am LoTu)S Post #28

Quote from ImagoDeo
Quote from MadZombie
I killed a shiny pokemon

I've never even SEEN a shiny. And this from the guy who wasted 430+ hours of his life on Pokemon: Ruby.

<--900 hours on Platinum. Got 7 legit Shinies.

My fail is prolly turning off the power during an auto-save for my Tekken 5, Fuuu, i had like max G and high rank chars.

None.

Jul 15 2010, 4:45 am DavidJCobb Post #29

<--- Several hundred hours on Diamond. Two, maybe three legit shinies. First was a Cacturne. Most recent? Noctowl.

On RF:G, in the mission Ashes to Ashes (and Dust to Dust), I rescued a dude only to have him run down a stairway into two Marauders. The Marauders kept meleeing him, so I tried to sledgehammer 'em. Got a triple kill, including the guy I had to rescue. FISSION MAILED.

This was actually several weeks ago. Haven't played 360 much; too much Facebookin'.

<--- Signature count: 2

None.

Jul 15 2010, 5:06 am ShredderIV Post #30

Mine was probably in TOS (tales of symphonia), dawn of the new world. My bro and i were playing, got to a save spot, and the game froze. lost 15 hours of playtime, woulda been more if we hadnt saved to an extra spot part of the way through.

Also playing LOZ:TP, in the city in the sky. Standing around for an hour trying to figure out how to turn on the giant fan before the boss area, only to realize all you had to do was lower yourself on a hookshot from the roof above to hookshot onto the activator. (basically just a herp to the derp moment.)

None.

Jul 15 2010, 5:08 am Wing Zero Post #31

Fuck that makes me wanna play TP now, but I think I let a friend borrow it

Jul 15 2010, 7:39 am Falkoner Post #32

Quote from Wing Zero
I was talking with my friend a few days ago and he mentioned how one of my ex-friends was playing pokemon and he didn't know how to leave a building so i was reminded how one time when i was playing Legend of Zelda OoT i didn't know you had to slash at King Dodongo after you throw a bomb in his mouth so i ended up running out of bombs and using bomb flowers for a good half hour before I realized what i had to do and killed him with one slash .
Well that's my story, now its your turn

Omgosh! My brother did the exact same thing when we were little!

None.

Jul 15 2010, 2:45 pm poison_us Post #33

Back* from the grave

Quote from LoTu)S
Quote from ImagoDeo
Quote from MadZombie
I killed a shiny pokemon

<--900 hours on Platinum. Got 7 legit Shinies.
~70 hours on Silver, have 3. One is a fucking goldeen.

Quote from name:Pebbles
Mine was probably in TOS (tales of symphonia), dawn of the new world. My bro and i were playing, got to a save spot, and the game froze. lost 15 hours of playtime, woulda been more if we hadnt saved to an extra spot part of the way through.
How about TOS (just TOS), having beaten it 3 times through (trying to get 10x xp, all the titles, items, and mosters), and have the memory card get corrupted? FYI: the fastest I've ever beaten it is just short of 38 hours.

Now that it's happened once, imagine getting a little farther (total of 138 hours), and the same thing happens.

Figured out it was the 2GB memory card for Gamecube that was fuxxed. Now I've gotten 99% items, 97% monsters, 10x xp. I've played for 26 hours (this last time) and am at level 130something. I didn't even know you could pass lv 100 before.

Combined, I've wasted easily 430 hours on this game.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 15 2010, 2:52 pm by poison_us.

Jul 15 2010, 4:17 pm A_of-s_t Post #34

aka idmontie

I have the odd ability to freeze every game I play at least once.

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Jul 15 2010, 4:27 pm NudeRaider Post #35

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Maybe you shouldn't OC that much. ;)

Jul 15 2010, 4:36 pm OlimarandLouie Post #36

Several years ago I bought Super Smash Brothers for N64. The moment I began playing it, the N64 broke... I bought another one, and then the same thing happened :omfg:

None.

Jul 15 2010, 5:08 pm DavidJCobb Post #37

At least a year and a half ago, I was playing Wind Waker. I had made quite a lot of progress, and had backtracked to Outset Island. I returned to the forest where Tetra lands at the start of the game, and spent quite a bit of time looking for something. (The need of a late-game item to enter, combined with the music, seemed to imply that a secret was hidden there.) I found nothing.

None.

Jul 15 2010, 5:58 pm poison_us Post #38

Back* from the grave

Quote from DavidJCobb
At least a year and a half ago, I was playing Wind Waker. I had made quite a lot of progress, and had backtracked to Outset Island. I returned to the forest where Tetra lands at the start of the game, and spent quite a bit of time looking for something. (The need of a late-game item to enter, combined with the music, seemed to imply that a secret was hidden there.) I found nothing.
I have a disc that you pop in before a couple of the later Zelda games, and you can have crazy shit like the dragon boat before you leave outset, or hold R to jump super-high. Literally out-of-the-game. You land on nothing, look down and can see all the edges of the game. It's trippy shit.

Playing L4D2 on expert (for achievements n such), and the last mission involves you running across a bridge blowing up to get to a helicopter. I spent ~2 hours getting to this part, for a tank to spawn and incapacitate my team, and then throw a piece of rubble to knock me down and hit me. I could have reached out and touched the ramp to get on the helicopter. I had almost gotten 4 achievements at a time, and would've never had to play that mission again. Now I have to start all over.

Jul 15 2010, 9:52 pm darksnow Post #39

dropped an uber because i walked into a stickytrap in TF2, and needless to say, they rolled through and won 5-4.
was an important match too.

None.

Jul 15 2010, 10:06 pm Magicide Post #40

Sleeping wolves wake hungry.

Was playing a 1v1 tournament on ut99, was 29 - 29, i had full health and armour, he had like 10.

Went round the corner loading six rockets, thought i saw him down the corridor and emptied my entire rocket ammo into the corridor in the form of grenades, and i couldn't fathom why i hadn't killed him.

Ran a bit, turned round and he fucking impact hammered me from the side.

I was shooting at an armour pickup.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum