Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Incest? Poll Within!
Incest? Poll Within!
Mar 22 2010, 3:18 am
By: TiKels
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 >

Polls
Incest Is...
Incest Is...
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Totally wrong in any circumstance 25

45%
Acceptable if they do not engage in sexual activity 5

9%
None.
Acceptable as long as the couple uses means of stopping childbirth 16

29%
None.
Acceptable even with childbirth 8

15%
None.
I'm Unsure 2

4%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 56 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Apr 1 2010, 12:20 am rockz Post #61

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

don't drag the bible into this...

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Apr 1 2010, 1:03 am DavidJCobb Post #62

[Deleted. Questioning things for the sake of preventing harm is good, but I feel that back then, I was unable to do that nearly as effectively or maturely as I should have been. This is not a discussion I should've been a part of.]

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jul 3 2018, 5:49 am by DavidJCobb.

None.

Apr 1 2010, 1:24 am rockz Post #63

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

When alcohol wasn't socially acceptable (or legally acceptable) it was still being used, eventually to the point where the social schisms (for the most part) disappeared. Most of them didn't advertise they drank, and eventually it's no longer illegal and is socially acceptable to drink. Being socially acceptable is a huge part of our society. Obviously times change, but I don't think as a society we are ready to embrace incest. I certainly am not.

The problem with atheists is you try to force atheism down our (christian) throats much like macfags babble on about their lifestyle choice in owning a mac. Agnostics are much friendlier in that regard. I personally don't care and was using that as an example of the extreme hypocrisy of some sects of Christianity.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Apr 1 2010, 1:39 am CecilSunkure Post #64

Quote from poison_us
Quote from EzTerix
Anyway I'd never have sex with any family members in my family tree just to clear that up. :hurr:
My stance.

EDIT: Another thought: if we believe in the Bible's teachings, then we are all banging someone distantly related to us. YAY hypocrisy!!
Actually it isn't hypocrisy. Incest wasn't a crime for a very long time. Also, if the Adam and Eve folk really existed like the Bible says, there wouldn't be any genetic defects in the code to cause errors when incest occurred. I read some interesting articles on this a while ago.

None.

Apr 1 2010, 1:47 am Voyager7456 Post #65

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

Quote from rockz
The problem with atheists is you try to force atheism down our (christian) throats

:lmfao:

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

Apr 1 2010, 1:52 am poison_us Post #66

Back* from the grave

David, your whole post made me laugh, in a good way.
Quote from DavidJCobb
Especially given that all of the following were "socially unacceptable" at some point for some reason:
  • Women that worked
  • Jews
  • Outcest (a previous post describes this)
  • Pirates
  • Goatse
In this order:
  • Why were they out of the kitchen?
  • Especially in WWII Germany
  • Recognition ^^
  • Ahha! Not ninjas! That's because ninjas > pirates
  • That's stretching the phrase "socially unacceptable" <--- you see what I did there?
Anyways, lols aside, he brings up several couple good points, especially the one about alcohol. Stopping people from drinking what they want creates organized crime. Maybe a previously unrelated vice, crime, etc will vanish if society learns to accept it?

My official stance with this is like my stance on abortion...I'd never do it, and abhor those in my family and society who do, yet I feel as if it should be allowed. Sort of like my stance on laws in general: if it doesn't directly affect me, why should I care? I have no sisters, so...

Apr 1 2010, 1:21 pm TiKels Post #67

Quote from rockz

if it doesn't directly affect me, why should I care?
Really? You had me up until you said this. It's a little thing called compassion. If I saw some old grandma walking on the street, and some burglar came up and tried to steal her purse, and I happened to have a weapon in my hand... Well it wouldn't affect me directly... but I'd still disable the burglar's legs/save granny! But this is totally off-topic. :stfu:

Pretty much... I agree with that long list of things... (LOL POKEMON, BURN THEM ALL)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 1 2010, 1:37 pm by TiKels.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Apr 1 2010, 8:00 pm poison_us Post #68

Back* from the grave

You can't take one person's stance on laws and apply it to a crime. Although the two are closely related, many people have a widely varying stance upon legality and illegal actions.

Also, when was the last time you saw a burglar rob an elderly woman? Seriously?

Apr 2 2010, 10:43 pm scwizard Post #69

Wikipedia says:
Prevalence is difficult to generalize, but research has estimated 10-15% of the general population as having at least one incest experience, with less than 2% involving intercourse or attempted intercourse.[9] Among women, research has yielded estimates as high as twenty percent.[8]

15% means that one of you has had "at least one incest experience" :O

Who is it? Own up!

As for my opinion, fatherXdaughter and older brotherXyounger sister squick me because they sound like rape. Other forms squick me much less. sisterXsister is probably on the opposite end of fatherXdaughter for me. Think about it for a bit, do you want to say it's wrong for sisters to hug? Of course you don't. Then basically you go in small steps making each step more lewd, and it's hard to find a brightline where you can go from "nothing wrong with that" to "omg that's so wrong."

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 2 2010, 10:58 pm by scwizard.

None.

Apr 3 2010, 7:38 am rockz Post #70

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from TiKels
Quote from rockz

Quote from poison_us
if it doesn't directly affect me, why should I care?
Really? You had me up until you said this. It's a little thing called compassion. If I saw some old grandma walking on the street, and some burglar came up and tried to steal her purse, and I happened to have a weapon in my hand... Well it wouldn't affect me directly... but I'd still disable the burglar's legs/save granny! But this is totally off-topic. :stfu:
IDK why I was quoted, but I agree with poison_us's statement.
There's a difference in crime where one person doesn't want whatever is happening to them. Generally, incest is consensual. The granny didn't want to get robbed. The raped woman didn't want to get raped. The guy who got shot didn't want to get shot. My stance on abortion is defined as when the baby can want something. I don't know enough about the details, but it's worse for the baby to come into this world and be abandoned/not loved.

Something indirectly affects me when it suddenly becomes okay for someone to do something to me which I don't want, and could be considered by our standards "a crime".

Apr 3 2010, 12:02 pm Vi3t-X Post #71

When you look at how many monarchies were ruled by incest babies...
I'm just going to leave it there. :P

None.

Apr 4 2010, 4:03 am Centreri Post #72

Relatively ancient and inactive

I'm against incest for its general societal consequences. It's not by any means a requirement for advancement, and it can lead to increased deformations and suffering (even with the milder forms described here, there's something broadly termed the 'slippery slope' at play). Therefore, bad.

None.

Apr 4 2010, 6:21 pm Riney Post #73

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from scwizard
15% means that one of you has had "at least one incest experience" :O

Who is it? Own up!

As strange of a person people feel I am, I actually walked out of the room when my twisted cousin was checking out his sister's goods.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Apr 5 2010, 10:26 pm Leeroy_Jenkins Post #74

What if it doesn't work out? Then you're stuck at family reunions with your "ex" for the rest of your life.

None.

Apr 6 2010, 12:30 am Neki Post #75

So? Either learn to put up with your "ex" or you don't go to family reunions. What happens when your ex is best friends with your best friend? Does that mean you should never try?

None.

Apr 6 2010, 3:59 am DavidJCobb Post #76

@Swift: I do believe that Jenkins was joking in a deadpan fashion.

None.

Apr 8 2010, 2:22 am FatalException Post #77

Quote from name:Taylor Swift
What happens when your ex is best friends with your best friend?
I generally don't make eye contact and avoid speaking to her.

:(

None.

Apr 8 2010, 3:17 am stickynote Post #78

I assume you have experience with this fatal. Too bad. I would probably avoid eye contact if it was a nasty break up.

None.

Apr 8 2010, 3:43 am Leeroy_Jenkins Post #79

Quote from name:Taylor Swift
or you don't go to family reunions.

That is SOOOOOO much more convenient than finding someone that isn't in your family to date. But I guess that can be hard with only 3.5 billion women in the world

None.

Apr 8 2010, 3:59 am DavidJCobb Post #80

[deleted]

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 3 2018, 5:53 am by DavidJCobb.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 >
  Back to forum