Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Mapping Tools > Topic: Final Call For SCMDraft, Revised
Final Call For SCMDraft, Revised
Aug 18 2009, 6:37 am
By: Vrael
Pages: < 1 « 19 20 21 22 2325 >

Mar 3 2010, 4:56 pm Ahli Post #401

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from name:Sexcalibear
After re-installing on the newest version, zoom seems to work. I haven't tested it in depth, but suffice to say it does not immediately crash.
works for me, too. Just tested it.

Mar 4 2010, 5:50 pm Oo.DaMeiN.oO Post #402

Problem I ran into: I was trying to do the Map Reveler trick to speed up the map but I cannot input anything other then Players 1-12, no 15 :(

None.

Mar 4 2010, 6:07 pm NudeRaider Post #403

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Are you sure you're doing it right? Just klick into the Player field and enter 15 manually. There's no dropdown for extended players.

Mar 4 2010, 6:36 pm Oo.DaMeiN.oO Post #404

Yeah, I typed it manually and it didn't work.. I'll try again later but I think I did it right :P

None.

Mar 4 2010, 7:59 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #405

👻 👾 👽 💪

Or, if you still can't get it to work, you can use one of the many and varied tools I've made. :awesome:
MapSpeed
(Original Topic -- It's old.)

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Mar 4 2010, 10:08 pm Oo.DaMeiN.oO Post #406

I tried that real quick Farty and it just keeps telling me the subscript is out of range when I attempt to open the map :P

None.

Mar 4 2010, 10:16 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #407

👻 👾 👽 💪

O.o With what map?

EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Mar 4 2010, 11:03 pm Oo.DaMeiN.oO Post #408

I just created a new map, saved it and tried opening it :(

But I figured out how to place a player 15 units

You use to be able to select the unit and type in the PLayer you wanted, but you can't. So you have to type in the player before placing the unit :P

None.

Mar 5 2010, 2:58 am rockz Post #409

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

well you can always change it after it has been placed. However, if you click "zerg extractor" then press 1, "default beep" will sound, and nothing will happen. You have to click back inside the map before you can manually type in a player number. however, that shouldn't prevent you from clicking the player box and pressing 15, since that's the only way to input player 15 (you can't change player just by pressing 1-0 like you can for players 1-10).

Post the map damein.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Mar 5 2010, 3:36 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #410

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Oo.DaMeiN.oO
I just created a new map, saved it and tried opening it :(
If there were no units it wont work ...

Mar 6 2010, 6:57 am Kaias Post #411

What is the greatest amount of triggers Trigedit can compile/handle and what is the greatest amount of lines Trigedit can compile/handle? I tried to compile ~300k triggers (~4.2 million lines of code) and Scmdraft crashed on me (Something bad happened). Is this a breaking point wrought by my computer or by Scmdraft?

None.

Mar 6 2010, 7:47 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #412

👻 👾 👽 💪

Make it so I can close traps, or if you can already tell me how! :hurr:

I unchecked remove illegal units, but it still deletes my start locations I put at (0,0).

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 7 2010, 3:15 am by FaRTy1billion.

Mar 10 2010, 12:49 am Apos Post #413

I order you to forgive yourself!

When you make a change to your map, it puts a (*) beside the name of the map that way we can see that we did some changes. The problem with it is that when you are playing the map in starcraft and you attempt to save, it gives an error message saying it can't save because the file is being used, but it still removes the (*).

Mar 10 2010, 3:46 am DavidJCobb Post #414

I've found that when creating a 128x128 map on Space with the Platform tile as default, if I use Scenario > Map Dimensions... to resize it to 256x256, selecting "Platform" has no effect -- the new parts of the map are filled in with Space.

None.

Mar 10 2010, 6:37 am samsizzle Post #415

double clicking locations to edit their properties brings up those windows with the pre create instance crap and all that. But pressing enter does not.

None.

Mar 10 2010, 6:12 pm Oo.DaMeiN.oO Post #416

Two things:

One, I don't know why.. but when I attempt to Save As my map it crashes SCMDraft but I can still open the map/do a regular save with no problems.

Second is more of a complaint... I really liked the fact Escape and Enter could close the trigger editor boxes, but it no longer does in your version :(

Is this something you just missed or did you intentionally set it to not allow the commands to be attached to the GUI's?

None.

Mar 10 2010, 7:43 pm DavidJCobb Post #417

@DaMeiN: Does this behavior happen with other maps? If not, it may help to attach the map to a post so that the specific issue can be identified.

None.

Mar 10 2010, 8:28 pm payne Post #418

:payne:

I haven't seen the new version in a while, but as I was working with the current version, I had some frustrations:

1) It'd be nice to be able to select multiple units/techs/ups to edit at once
2) Same for triggers, but only for deleting them

None.

Mar 11 2010, 11:13 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #419

I see you !

If I change anything in the tech/upgrade/etc windows, it would be a complete rewrite, because the code for those is 7 years old or so and horrible compared to what I write nowadays. As always it depends on my freetime, have a largish project at work and need to write a paper on my muon experiments.

For player 15, I'll go check and see if I missed extended players in the new unit properties window. In the map itself they should still be working fine.

Kaias: Can you send me the map and the triggers as text in a zip file? Ideally there should be no limit, I'll have to see if I can figure out what is stopping that from working.

O)FaRTy1billion: double click on them like in staredit? I hope I didn't break that, try it.

Mp)apos: good to know, thanks

samsizzel: those messages should all be gone in the newest version

Oo.DaMeiN.oO: A, try renaming the backup database and see if that fixes it. If not we'll have to see. B: I probably just missed it when I changed the trigger dialog windows to nonmodal, the windows loop is different then.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 11 2010, 11:19 pm by Suicidal Insanity.

Mar 11 2010, 11:39 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #420

👻 👾 👽 💪

O)FaRTy1billion: double click on them like in staredit? I hope I didn't break that, try it.
Sorry, I meant units (or sprites I guess), not doodads. ;o

Options
Pages: < 1 « 19 20 21 22 2325 >
  Back to forum