Dash 8
Nov 15 2008, 2:35 am
By: Roy  

Nov 15 2008, 2:35 am Roy Post #1

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Dash 8 Download Link

Concept:
Horizontal screen scroller. You control a zergling and have to stay on the screen. In your way are archons and zealots (and various other units); if you touch a unit owned by player 7 (white), your zergling will die. If you fail to stay on the screen, your zergling will die. If you or a teammate survive a row, everyone will revive at the beginning of the next row.

Of course, you can download this Dash and some of my other maps through the direct links in my signature. I've made almost 40 maps now, but half of them are bounds and everyone here seems to think that bounds don't count as maps...

Screenshots:

Walkthrough (for those that are bad at trial-and-error)

Dash 8 Download Link in case you missed it the first time :P

Nov 15 2008, 9:07 pm BlackWolf99 Post #2

nice job roy xD, i will always like ur bounds, your a god :omfg:

None.

Nov 15 2008, 9:25 pm Symmetry Post #3

Dungeon Master

Fun series of maps. Too bad I suck at them :P

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Nov 15 2008, 9:33 pm Devourer Post #4

Hello

i played 3 of the DASH's now
they all are awesome!! genial concept! 5/5 stars ;P

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Nov 19 2008, 6:23 pm Lord Malvanis Post #5

I love the Dash series, I still remember playing the first 3 a few years ago. But now 4-8! I have to try them!

None.

Nov 19 2008, 6:32 pm Pigy_G Post #6

I remember there's Run to the End, Infinite Shift, Yoshi Bound, Dash, Screen Mover, All kinds of maps use this cool concept, But Dash is definetly the best. Good job roy, I liked the part in Dash 7 where it go's back n forth.

None.

Nov 20 2008, 4:57 am Roy Post #7

Wow, I'm getting replies. I have no option but to reply to them all in one post. Thanks for the feedback, everyone :P

@BlackWolf: To the first part, I say thank you. As for the follow-up, no.

@Killer_Kow: Play anyways? :P I've made an "easy" mode for dash 5, although that came out a bit harder than anticipated. I plan on keeping Dash a game where anyone can start playing (mainly because there would only be a dozen people who would bother playing a pro version, and half of them are on my friend's list).

@DeVouReR: Thank you. Technically, it isn't an original concept, I just expanded from two of my favorite maps, Infinite Shift and The Pan, and made it my own.

@Lord Malvanis: You just reminded me how long ago it was that I started making Dashes. xD Thanks for supporting the series.

@Pigy_G: It means a lot for you to say that you prefer Dash over Infinite Shift and Yoshi Bound. Thanks :P

I was worried that my only fans were the ones that happened to be in the same channel when I finished the map. Glad to see some replies :P

Nov 20 2008, 6:14 am LuBu- Post #8

very nicceeeeeee i love you long time for this lol 15 dollerrrr

None.

Nov 20 2008, 1:49 pm Pigy_G Post #9

i love you long time for this lol 15 dollerrrr

What does that even mean?

None.

Nov 22 2008, 12:22 am JaBoK Post #10

I think he's a prostitute of some sort... though 15 bucks is a little steep, especially when we're talking obviously third world country or fresh off the boat there...

Oh, yeah, great map btw, I love the concept, and this is definitely the best bound I've seen in quite a while, if you'd even call it a bound...

None.

Nov 22 2008, 2:35 am Roy Post #11

Quote from name:
Oh, yeah, great map btw, I love the concept, and this is definitely the best bound I've seen in quite a while, if you'd even call it a bound...
Uh, no, I would not call this a bound, although it has bound-like features. I would just call it a screen scroller for now. Perhaps if I make enough of them we can just call them Dashes.

Nov 22 2008, 3:32 pm Centreri Post #12

Relatively ancient and inactive

I'd play it if I didn't have to waste a minute restarting every time I died...

None.

Nov 22 2008, 10:06 pm Roy Post #13

Quote from name:
I'd play it if I didn't have to waste a minute restarting every time I died...
The way I set up a lot of my triggers in these are so that they perish after executing once. In Dash 7 I allowed 3 retries if you lost. Also, it only wastes 20 seconds every time :P

It's not like if you die on a defense game (or a bound/rpg/almost any game), it will restart itself. I'll consider making the game auto-restart in the future, however.

Options
  Back to forum