Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Discussion > Topic: My no CD crack for SC
My no CD crack for SC
Jan 18 2008, 10:58 pm
By: ShadowFlare  
Polls
Should I release my no CD crack for Starcraft?
Should I release my no CD crack for Starcraft?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Yes 23

89%
No 3

12%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 26 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Jan 18 2008, 10:58 pm ShadowFlare Post #1

For years I have had a no CD crack for SC I made and that only I have. Now that Blizzard has changed Starcraft to not require the CD, should I release it? If I do, I will at least make some slight modifications to make it open the same archive names as the new SC version. I will also likely use some code from SCMLoader's loader to make it so it can optionally modify starcraft.exe or storm.dll to load it, so it can be used with existing mod loaders without them needing to include the code in them or load the dll. Basically this would be for having the same feature as the new SC version on older versions, for when downgrading for mods, etc.

It also works for Diablo and WC2BNE, but I'm unsure if I'll enable that part unless Blizzard does the same for those.

None.

Jan 18 2008, 11:12 pm Twitch Post #2

Well heck yeah you should have released it before this patch even :P.

None.

Jan 18 2008, 11:42 pm ShadowFlare Post #3

lol, I didn't want to release it when the game did still require the CD. :P

btw, one of the features I mentioned would make it so it could use the no CD crack even when you just run starcraft.exe and would make it possible to include the modified starcraft.exe (or storm.dll if I decide that) in something like the SC downgrader packs that are available. I'm thinking of having it do the modification to storm.dll possibly, because some mod loaders may try to change the part of Starcraft.exe that my code would have temporarily changed.

I probably won't be releasing the original type of crack I made which would be run through a loader, unless there is some demand for it for some reason.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 18 2008, 11:56 pm by ShadowFlare.

None.

Jan 19 2008, 1:35 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #4

👻 👾 👽 💪

Allowing no CD on older versions? :O

My CD is getting worn... I've had the same CD since 4th grade. :P

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jan 19 2008, 3:34 am Doodle77 Post #5

Quote from FaRTy1billion
Allowing no CD on older versions? :O

My CD is getting worn... I've had the same CD since 4th grade. :P
What CD are you talking about? The one I lost like 2 years ago? :P

None.

Jan 19 2008, 6:50 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #6

👻 👾 👽 💪

Brood War. I've had the same Brood War for like 7 years.

EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jan 19 2008, 8:30 am Ultraviolet Post #7

I don't see any reason why you shouldn't release it. Can't really cause any harm.

Quote from FaRTy1billion

StarCraft v1.0 disc and Brood War v1.04 discs here. Version 1.04 was the first version of Brood War, I believe.

Jan 19 2008, 11:22 am Mrih8u Post #8

I'd say yes, and even yes for War2BNE.

It's not like Blizzard will care about it anyway.

None.

Jan 19 2008, 5:19 pm Xx.Doom.xX Post #9

Quote from NerdyTerdy
I don't see any reason why you shouldn't release it. Can't really cause any harm.

Quote from FaRTy1billion

StarCraft v1.0 disc and Brood War v1.04 discs here. Version 1.04 was the first version of Brood War, I believe.
Dude, everyone has those discs. Then if they play B.net they update them to the latest version. Lol.

None.

Jan 19 2008, 10:33 pm Symmetry Post #10

Dungeon Master

I don't have StarCraft 1.0. But I forget which version the CD is...

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Jan 20 2008, 7:11 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #11

👻 👾 👽 💪

I think my SC disk was 1.05, as is my Brood War disk. I still have my originals, so I just checked. :P

Jan 20 2008, 10:07 pm FatalException Post #12

Yeah, I've had the same ones since... I started playing back in '99. V. 1.0 on original SC and V 1.4 on Broodwar. I don't really see why you would need to release the crack with the new patch, but go ahead.

None.

Jan 20 2008, 10:26 pm Symmetry Post #13

Dungeon Master

FE, if people want to downgrade and not use the CD it'd be nice.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Jan 21 2008, 1:36 am ShadowFlare Post #14

Quote from Killer_Kow
FE, if people want to downgrade and not use the CD it'd be nice.
Which currently means for any mods that use any of the *Graft utilities for SC.

Yeah, that's the whole reason I was considering it. In fact, the one I release will be specifically targeted at older versions and probably won't work on battle.net, only private servers. It will be a trade-off between battle.net compatibility and mod loader compatibility.

Well, I've made up my mind now. The file it will modify will be starcraft.exe. I'll just need to have it tested to make sure it works with StarGraft, MemGraft, FireGraft, etc.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jan 21 2008, 1:50 am by ShadowFlare.

None.

Jan 25 2008, 2:14 am Ultraviolet Post #15

Quote from Xx.Doom.xX
Quote from NerdyTerdy

Quote from FaRTy1billion

Dude, everyone has those discs. Then if they play B.net they update them to the latest version. Lol.

Incorrect, I believe if you buy them now they are 1.07 discs, they are certainly not 1.0 and 1.04 discs. Bai.

Mar 2 2008, 6:23 pm Nintendo_Confed Post #16

Whats the point? Only usefull for those who downgrade. But you still should release it.

On a side note: I have the original SC disc but my Broodwar cd is fake (lost it and i made a back up a month before)

None.

Mar 5 2008, 5:04 am ShadowFlare Post #17

Were there some posts that were lost here? I thought I had already posted a link to a topic with the link to the download on my site.

Well, anyway, here's the maplantis topic, since I don't want to bother reposting the whole thing here again at the moment: http://www.maplantis.org/index.php?topic=2701

None.

Mar 5 2008, 8:07 pm Vi3t-X Post #18

OMG PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!! My CD has officially died, and I cant play anymore because I dont have install.exe, If anyone can host it or make a crack for me to play... oMG THANK YOU!!!

None.

Mar 5 2008, 8:11 pm Vi3t-X Post #19

After reading the link, where can I get this Broodwar image? I've many images but where can I get the Broodwar image? I'm using Virtual Drive from Farstone...

None.

Mar 6 2008, 12:15 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #20

Just here for the activity... well not really

1.05b. Too young?
And my Brood War was a burn.
BUT I STILL OWN THE ORIGINAL, ITS JUST ACROSS THE GLOBE IN AN UNTOUCHED DRAWER!!

I also baught 2 newer SC/SCBW CDs sometime near December.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Options
  Back to forum