Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Aristocrat's Mafia #3: Dennou Coil
Aristocrat's Mafia #3: Dennou Coil
Sep 29 2012, 12:30 am
By: Aristocrat
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 918 >

Polls

Oct 10 2012, 12:26 am Raitaki Post #121

Don't think it's really uncommon for Azrael to talk like that. He's a fervent sadist after all :awesome:

In other news, I have been contacted by one Cyberforensics Investigator offering to V-Scan Leon. If anyone would like to, they can V-Scan me also.

None.

Oct 10 2012, 12:47 am Leon-037 Post #122

Wouldn't the scan be too late by then since it's a night action?

None.

Oct 10 2012, 12:50 am Fire_Kame Post #123

wth is starcraft

Quote from Roy
I vote lil-Inferno.

He knows why.
Wait, if there's a legitimate reason why you are voting lil, I think you should tell the rest of the town. I don't want to bandwagon if you have a good reason to change our votes.

Oct 10 2012, 1:04 am Raitaki Post #124

@Leon: If you're telling the truth, then the next night we can just Purify you. Otherwise, we'll see that you're clean, and therefore obviously not town.

None.

Oct 10 2012, 1:31 am Roy Post #125

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from Fire_Kame
Quote from Roy
I vote lil-Inferno.

He knows why.
Wait, if there's a legitimate reason why you are voting lil, I think you should tell the rest of the town. I don't want to bandwagon if you have a good reason to change our votes.
Alright, you asked for it...

Quote from Aristocrat
A dimly lit rectangular chamber comprised what seems to be a study situated within one of the inconspicuous-seeming domiciles of the city.
A subtle reference to the pixel-art that is Inferno's avatar. As you know, squares are rectangles (what his avatar is comprised of), and the pixels are mostly dark; because of the dim lighting, the face is inconspicuous.

Quote from Aristocrat
The room is entirely devoid of items, yet filled to the brim with all the tools and data anyone could ask for, containing petabytes of data within the 3-d cyberspace. One lone figure stood at the center, his hands furiously tapping away at the several holographic keyboards surrounding his waist as streams of data flew back and forth between the many virtual data nodes in his room.
The avatar furiously shakes a tool, and a sprite is physically stored data. The person it represents isn't real and has no collision until it's programmed to have collision, and its background is necessarily transparent. His avatar is notably by itself. Finally, his avatar is only one less dimension than mentioned, because saying 2-D directly would have been too obvious.

Quote from Aristocrat
"I did not ask for this," the figure muttered, sweat flowing down his face, "yet you foolishly persist; you leave me no choice but to make you regret it."
This is a personal attack from Aristocrat, saying that Inferno made him regret playing his game. Aristocrat is criticizing Inferno taking suggestions from mafia players that he did not ask for, which is why the game was ruined for him.

Quote from Aristocrat
At almost the same instant that the man's fingers touched the return key to execute the deadly routine he had prepared, his visor clouded over with countless errors, instantly filling his entire augmented vision. Lanthanide spewed a string of expletives before wrenching his AR visors from his face and slamming it into the ground, crushing it beneath his foot. With a small puff of smoke, his only link to the virtual world was now irreversibly reduced to a mangled mass of plastic.
Again, a criticism of Inferno's mistakes as a host. Inferno is always spewing insulting things, admittedly in jest, in the Shoutbox; as a bonus, "string" is a programming term, and Inferno is a programmer. His avatar is constantly stomping with its feet.

Quote from Aristocrat
Elsewhere at the same time, the charred remains of another pair of AR visors fell to the ground and shattered. What was moments before a brightly lit intersection bustling with digital life was now reduced to the eerie darkness of the corporeal night. LoTu)S stood there in shock, still unable to comprehend the swiftness with which the terminating event had occurred.
Again, referring to the pitch-black face with eerie eyes. Oh, charred you say? Like it was burned? Inferno.

Quote from Aristocrat
An extremely long and complex route mapped out with ornate chalk circles crept along the darkness, racing towards its target at incredible speed. As soon as it latched on, however, the line began glowing and disappeared without a trace immediately after, leaving the target unaware of any abnormalities in his surroundings. Little did he know of just how much he had lost in that single moment...
Anyone here play Inferno's Slick game, full of ridiculous paths just to get to the next screen? And are those eyes glowing in his avatar when they should be hidden like the rest of the face? Finally, Aristocrat predicted how much someone was going to incriminate Inferno by finding all these clues, and I'm honored to be that person.

Oct 10 2012, 1:44 am poison_us Post #126

Back* from the grave

Not gonna lie, that's compelling, but it just doesn't really seem to fit tightly enough (even to me in my somewhat intoxicated state) to stop and changing the bandwagon. Then again, no set of clues should ever always incriminate just one person; that defeats the purpose of "clues". Clues < behavioral analysis, at least for now. Though this does put him above Azrael in my list of suspicions :awesome:

Oh, and Roy, it somwehat feels like you only really focused on Lil for these clues. Nobody else had clues against them at all?

Oct 10 2012, 1:49 am Sacrieur Post #127

Still Napping

Roy and I have come to the same conclusion then.

The post not only tells us that inferno is mafia, but also that he has a killing role.

None.

Oct 10 2012, 1:57 am Roy Post #128

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from poison_us
Oh, and Roy, it somwehat feels like you only really focused on Lil for these clues. Nobody else had clues against them at all?
That was an Inferno-focused interpretation; some things (like programming) can be applied to multiple people, and I didn't mention possible clues pointing to other players because I want to see if those same players are going to be the ones defending Inferno (not necessarily to incriminate them, just to provide beneficial feedback to me).

Oct 10 2012, 2:59 am Aristocrat Post #129

Current Vote Tally:
1. Sacrieur - TiKels
2. Azrael - TiKels
3. lil-Inferno - TiKels
4. OlimarandLouie - TiKels
5. SmE(Raitaki - TiKels
6. Leeroy_Jenkins - TiKels
7. rayNimagi - TiKels
8. Raccoon - TiKels
9. poison_us - TiKels
10. Fire_Kame - TiKels (10)
11. TiKels - No Lynch (1)
12. Roy - lil-Inferno (1)

Abstaining: Generalpie, Wing Zero, Leon-037, BiOAtK

Votes accounted for: 16/18

None.

Oct 10 2012, 3:06 am Azrael Post #130

Quote from poison_us
it's entirely possible that both TiKels and Az are mafia.

I wouldn't lynch my own guy when it's unnecessary, in most instances I'd rather keep my entire team alive. If we were both Mafia, I wouldn't lead a bandwagon on him since it'd be detrimental to my future success, especially on the first day.

That being said, even if TiKels does show as Mafia, that wouldn't technically prove I'm legit anyways, since it could have been changed by the Beguiler.

However, as I explained in the shoutbox earlier, if TiKels shows as Mafia then I guarantee he is actually Mafia. It may not be fair, but I know TiKels, and I know how he acts when he's guilty. He's guilty.

If he shows up as Town, he's almost definitely either Beguiler or Null. In that case, the Investigator's report will tell us which one it is.

Oct 10 2012, 3:17 am Raitaki Post #131

Also, I hope a Programmer out there somewhere is going to work on that cure. I have one protecting me now :3

None.

Oct 10 2012, 4:31 am poison_us Post #132

Back* from the grave

Quote from Roy
Quote from poison_us
That was an Inferno-focused interpretation; some things (like programming) can be applied to multiple people, and I didn't mention possible clues pointing to other players because I want to see if those same players are going to be the ones defending Inferno (not necessarily to incriminate them, just to provide beneficial feedback to me).
True, good point. Didn't honestly consider that one.

Also, Rai, I went to reply to a shout or some shit and got an error. Turns out I've been banned from the shoutbox for smap :awesome:

Oct 10 2012, 4:33 am Raitaki Post #133

lololol.
What does that have to do with me though :hurr:

None.

Oct 10 2012, 4:52 am Aristocrat Post #134

To avoid mishaps like what happened with this mafia, I'd like to ask future hosts to step up and claim their spot in line:

EDIT> See OP.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Oct 10 2012, 7:40 am by Aristocrat.

None.

Oct 10 2012, 5:13 am Raitaki Post #135

Put me on the queue. I'll go after Devlin.

None.

Oct 10 2012, 3:22 pm poison_us Post #136

Back* from the grave

I'll go after Rai, in that case.

Oct 10 2012, 7:32 pm Fire_Kame Post #137

wth is starcraft

I'll sign up after poison. (City of Townsville Edition)

Oct 10 2012, 11:52 pm Raitaki Post #138

Actually, I've determined that Leon might be telling the truth after all. As such, the Cyberforensics Investigator who contacted me need not V-Scan tonight.

None.

Oct 11 2012, 12:55 am poison_us Post #139

Back* from the grave

Quote from poison_us
I'll go after Rai, in that case.
Quote from Fire_Kame
(City of Townsville Edition)
Since I forgot to mention it, I've got a theme I'd like to flesh out but I doubt it'll work the way I'm thinking, but either way there will be a non-generic theme for my game :awesome:

Oct 11 2012, 1:00 am Fire_Kame Post #140

wth is starcraft

Whatevs poison, can't be as awesome as mine. :kame:

Options
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 918 >
  Back to forum