Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: Michael Myers
Michael Myers
Aug 9 2012, 4:26 am
By: CrazyChaos  

Aug 9 2012, 4:26 am CrazyChaos Post #1

Michael Myers
This is my 2nd Attempt for a Good Map.
Michael Myers is a Surviving Game. The Survivors( Civilian ) must hide. There will be a lot of "Hiding Areas" for the Survivors to Hide.

SPECIFICATIONS
  • Players
    Michel Myers is Required
    4 Survivor Players
    Total Players: 5.

• Map Tileset
    Installation

STORYLINE
Michael Myers will try to kill the Survivors....

FEATURES
  • How will Players Play the Game:
    Michael Myers: Try to find and Kill the Survivors
    Players: Try to Survive.
  • I actually based this off: A Movie(Halloween Series), and a Custom Game Mode-ish from Call of Duty MW2,MW3, Black Ops.

DETAILS
  • Characters
    Michael Myers and The Survivors

• Weapons
    Survivors now have a knife(Zealot), but can only kill Michael when there is one person alive.
    Michael Myers is a Hero Zealot.

SCREENSHOTS

The stats for Survivors.(Don't ask me "Why are there health so looow?!")

Starting Locale of the Survivors

Michael Myers Gameplay( NOT MAP)

PROGRESS
Progress: 17%

UPDATES
[LIST]
8/09/2012
Date of me Posting this.
8/ 09/ 2012 9:59 PM
0.7Alpha is Done, going to test out triggers on Iccup

Made with the Map Production template.

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Aug 10 2012, 2:05 am by CrazyChaos.

None.

Aug 9 2012, 4:29 am Biophysicist Post #2

First, I recommend using SCMDraft instead of Xtra.

Second, some more information about the gameplay would be nice. What kinds of things can the Civilians do? And the Zealot, for that matter?

None.

Aug 9 2012, 4:33 am CrazyChaos Post #3

Quote from Biophysicist
First, I recommend using SCMDraft instead of Xtra.

Second, some more information about the gameplay would be nice. What kinds of things can the Civilians do? And the Zealot, for that matter?

I'd like to use Xtra, it's good for Map Makers Like me.

And I like to not go In-depth to much. I like this to be as much as a surprise.

Also There was a picture with Michael Myers Stats, but censored. I think I might not upload that until I get at least 25% and Testing this on GameRanger.

None.

Aug 9 2012, 12:50 pm Roy Post #4

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from CrazyChaos
And I like to not go In-depth to much. I like this to be as much as a surprise.
It probably would have been a bigger surprise to not make a topic at all. If you're going to share a map in production, you should share the basic implementations of it. I mean, right now it seems like a standard (boring) Hide and Seek game.

Quote from CrazyChaos
Also There was a picture with Michael Myers Stats, but censored. I think I might not upload that until I get at least 25% and Testing this on GameRanger.
Screenshots of unit stats aren't too exciting. I think you're being way too secretive about your map if you're holding on to things like this.

Just my two cents. I hope you have some cool plans you're holding back from us.

Aug 9 2012, 12:54 pm CrazyChaos Post #5

Quote from Roy
Quote from CrazyChaos
Screenshots of unit stats aren't too exciting. I think you're being way too secretive about your map if you're holding on to things like this.

Just my two cents. I hope you have some cool plans you're holding back from us.

I will try to get some triggers into the game, like spawn a attacker when its like 1v1. Then Michael Myers and the Last Surviving Player will battle it out.

None.

Aug 9 2012, 6:26 pm CrazyChaos Post #6

Update V0.04Alpha is still going to take some time to get up to v0.7beta. So I am going to set a ETA Of Mid September

None.

Aug 9 2012, 6:38 pm lil-Inferno Post #7

Just here for the pie

Why would it take that long? It seems like it's just a Zealot chasing down civilians.

Aug 9 2012, 7:08 pm Mouse Post #8

This seems like Hide n Seek by Overlord(DL) except you have a civ instead of a ghost and some zerg unit chasing them. You should make it more interesting by making it follow the story line of the movie.

None.

Aug 9 2012, 7:37 pm CrazyChaos Post #9

Quote from Mouse
This seems like Hide n Seek by Overlord(DL) except you have a civ instead of a ghost and some zerg unit chasing them. You should make it more interesting by making it follow the story line of the movie.
I am mostly going to do it by the Custom GM in CoD.

Quote from lil-Inferno
Why would it take that long? It seems like it's just a Zealot chasing down civilians.
Have you ever seen a Call Of Duty: Michael Myers match? It can take up to like 10ish Minutes.

None.

Aug 9 2012, 8:22 pm lil-Inferno Post #10

Just here for the pie

I mean the time taken to make it. It seems like something that could be made in a matter of an hour.

Aug 9 2012, 9:41 pm CrazyChaos Post #11

Quote from lil-Inferno
I mean the time taken to make it. It seems like something that could be made in a matter of an hour.

I put the time I have. I do other stuff than mapping. I make Walkthroughs. I put at least 2 hours in to this. I also am going to Connecticut this weekend, so the ETA might change but for now, its going to be next month.

None.

Options
  Back to forum