Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Parties: What Do?
Parties: What Do?
Feb 16 2011, 3:27 am
By: rayNimagi
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 >

Feb 17 2011, 11:05 pm NicholasBeige Post #61

Drink as much as you can handle. (smoking, popping pills, snorting coke, smacking your bitch up - same rules apply)
Speak to people.
Dancing aint required. But if everyone else in the room is dancing, don't sit on the couch like a fucking pleb.
Have a reason for being at the party. Do you want pussy? Or do you just wanna have a good night? Or both? Play your cards straight up.
Make eye-contact, don't be the scared little kid in the corner.
Have a presence, make people notice you - without being a dork about it.
To pick up a girl, go talk to her group of friends and make yourself seem interesting. Pique her curiosity. Don't just walk straight up to her and be like 'so, whatssup'. (Edit: unless you're 6"4', chiselled and have a manhood that makes Chuck Norris wish he was black)
The more people you interact with, the more relaxed you'll be and at the end of the day if you ain't smiling, you're doing it fucking wrong.
A party is just a group of people. If you can't interact with people or hold a conversation, sort yourself out first before going to one.

Also, take care of your personal appearance. Brush your teeth, wash your hair, wear good clothes. This usually goes without saying - but then again, this is the internet, this is SEN and the thread's title is "Parties: What Do" - so thought I'd mention it again.

None.

Feb 18 2011, 12:45 am Decency Post #62

Quote from Vrael
Quote from name:FaZ-
This seems to be pretty consistent, I visit friends from different schools and hang out with different groups all the time. Dance parties are usually just for the slutty girls that can't hold a conversation and the guys that are too dumb to think of anything except who they'll end up with at the end of the night.
WOW. Someone's prejudiced! Some of those people you're referring to are good people, you just never gave them the chance.

Also, 10-20 people is hardly a party. 10-20 people is when your roommate's brother brings his annoying friends over because they don't have any beer and you do.

Also, don't listen to any of this advice about "moderation." If you do, you're a pussy.
I didn't say anything about whether they were good or bad people, I said they were slutty and shallow. Who's making the assumptions here?

College parties tend to be smaller since you're kind of... in a dorm room. Off campus stuff is obviously much bigger.

None.

Feb 18 2011, 12:55 am NicholasBeige Post #63

Am I reading this right? FaZ- has a problem with slutty and shallow girls getting drunk and dancing? Where's the problem at?

None.

Feb 18 2011, 3:07 am payne Post #64

:payne:

Quote from Fire_Kame
If you feel that you're drinking for the sake of drinking, it's time to stop.
I don't know if I've ever drank for any other reason...
Really? You don't enjoy the taste of anything?
For sure a good old glass of orange juice ( <3 ) is much better than any of the alcohol crap.
The only alcohol I really enjoy drinking for the taste is Rhum + Coke. Milk + O'Raileys from times to times as well.

Quote from Vrael
Umm, you guys want to party, and you propose New Jersey? .....
Montreal ftw.

None.

Feb 18 2011, 5:03 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #65

👻 👾 👽 💪

I like Kame's proposition ... It's closer to me. :awesome: (I'm on the edge of the rockies)

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Feb 18 2011, 2:27 pm Decency Post #66

Quote from Fire_Kame
FaZ do you have any microbreweries nearby? Its fun to visit them and taste some of their offerings...they are all over the place in Co...

Sam Adams and Harpoon both have breweries in Boston, about 30-45 minutes from me. It's definitely fun, I just don't go into the city much except when I'm visiting friend's schools there and in that case there's usually better stuff to do.

None.

Feb 18 2011, 4:48 pm Vrael Post #67

Quote from Vrael
This seems to be pretty consistent, I visit friends from different schools and hang out with different groups all the time. Dance parties are usually just for the slutty girls that can't hold a conversation and the guys that are too dumb to think of anything except who they'll end up with at the end of the night.
WOW. Someone's prejudiced! Some of those people you're referring to are good people, you just never gave them the chance.

Also, 10-20 people is hardly a party. 10-20 people is when your roommate's brother brings his annoying friends over because they don't have any beer and you do.

Also, don't listen to any of this advice about "moderation." If you do, you're a pussy.
I didn't say anything about whether they were good or bad people, I said they were slutty and shallow. Who's making the assumptions here?

College parties tend to be smaller since you're kind of... in a dorm room. Off campus stuff is obviously much bigger.
You're assuming they're slutty and shallow, which are typically held to be bad traits. You're making the assumptions, I'm saying from experience that I've met some good people who dance at parties.

And partying isn't for dorm rooms, tru dat. Dorm rooms are for pregaming.

None.

Feb 18 2011, 5:00 pm Decency Post #68

I have too. I've also met a bunch of dipshits that aren't worth talking to if they could hold a conversation about anything to begin with, anyway.

Check my qualifier.

None.

Feb 18 2011, 5:04 pm Vrael Post #69

Yeah well u can find them anywhere, I don't like how ur targeting my P4RTAY PEEPS.

Edit: Also agree with Cardinal. Where's the problem? :D

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 18 2011, 5:26 pm by Vrael.

None.

Feb 18 2011, 5:30 pm poison_us Post #70

Back* from the grave

I dance at parties. Does this make me slutty and shallow?

Feb 18 2011, 5:33 pm NicholasBeige Post #71

You are not a drunk girl. So stfu and get the hell out of my party.

None.

Feb 18 2011, 5:41 pm Vrael Post #72

Clearly me and Cardinal are the only ones here who know how to party hardy.

None.

Feb 18 2011, 5:47 pm poison_us Post #73

Back* from the grave

Was I asking you, Cardinal? No. I was asking FaZ-:

Dance parties are usually just for the slutty girls that can't hold a conversation and the guys that are too dumb to think of anything except who they'll end up with at the end of the night.
Because I haven't ever picked up a girl before, during, or after a party, nor have I even thought about it (to my recollection), I cannot be the latter. I admit to being a dancer, though. This means I am
slutty and shallow.

Feb 18 2011, 6:16 pm Excalibur Post #74

The sword and the faith

Quote from lil-Inferno
Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
You guys seem to know how to have fun.

...SEN party? We can meet up in New Jersey. I'm sure lil will be happy to offer us his home. :wtfawesome:
More like Excalibur.
Actually I've been known to take people who drink alcohol and light them on fire because I believe mind altering substances to be the root of all evil and stupidity in this world. So no, definitely not me. Unless, ya know, you'd like to die or something.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Feb 18 2011, 6:32 pm UnholyUrine Post #75

Now that's a party pooper if there ever was any..

Then again, lighting oneself into gulfs of flames may just be what you need to be at the center of attention
Whatever floats your boat.

None.

Feb 18 2011, 6:32 pm Fire_Kame Post #76

wth is starcraft

Quote from name:Cardinal
Drink as much as you can handle. (smoking, popping pills, snorting coke, smacking your bitch up - same rules apply)
This is probably the worst advice I've ever heard, not even trolling.

To start, snorting coke? For real? I don't see how that's ever a good idea (inb4 the many druggies we have on the boards).
Second, if you try anything for the first time you shouldn't be alone. You should be with someone you trust, because if you don't know how to measure 'as much as you can handle,' you're going to end up on the floor passed out. Which is funny and all games until you realize 'oh shit he just threw up in his mouth and suffocated on his own throw up' (true fact).
Third, I don't hang out around people who do a lot of that stuff. Cigarette smokers are out on the patio usually, sure, and I have friends that smoke. But they don't force me to smoke. They may say, 'hey we're going out for a smoke want to join?' and that's that. I'll even hang around them if they're smoking, and they're nice enough to be downwind so that its not blowing in my face.
Forth, if you feel that when you go out to a party you must try everything that anyone there is popping, smoking, whatever, then you must be entirely too insecure. If they're forcing you to do it you need to get the hell out of there.

In short, if you're a lightweight or new to partying, go with a friend that you trust. Don't smoke or try anything you don't want to. Hell I've been to parties on dorms where one or two people don't drink anything except soda. I don't think people really care. That's also true when I go out to the bar with friends, even if they're not the DD.

Feb 18 2011, 6:33 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #77

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Excalibur
Quote from lil-Inferno

...SEN party? We can meet up in New Jersey. I'm sure lil will be happy to offer us his home. :wtfawesome:
More like Excalibur.
Actually I've been known to take people who drink alcohol and light them on fire because I believe mind altering substances to be the root of all evil and stupidity in this world. So no, definitely not me. Unless, ya know, you'd like to die or something.
My safety would not be in question, then. ;) Unless, of course, you found some other reason to do that.

Quote from Fire_Kame
Cigarette smokers are out on the patio usually, sure, and I have friends that smoke. But they don't force me to smoke. They may say, 'hey we're going out for a smoke want to join?' and that's that. I'll even hang around them if they're smoking, and they're nice enough to be downwind so that its not blowing in my face.
And, in my experiences, when you tell them 'no' they usually will usually say something like "That's good, don't start."

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Feb 18 2011, 6:37 pm Fire_Kame Post #78

wth is starcraft

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
Quote from Fire_Kame
Cigarette smokers are out on the patio usually, sure, and I have friends that smoke. But they don't force me to smoke. They may say, 'hey we're going out for a smoke want to join?' and that's that. I'll even hang around them if they're smoking, and they're nice enough to be downwind so that its not blowing in my face.
And, in my experiences, when you tell them 'no' they usually will usually say something like "That's good, don't start."

lol its funny because its true XD

Feb 18 2011, 6:46 pm Riney Post #79

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from Excalibur
Quote from lil-Inferno

More like Excalibur.

And here I always thought Starcraft was a mind altering substance. :awesome:

No really

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Feb 18 2011, 6:48 pm Symmetry Post #80

Dungeon Master

Quote from Fire_Kame
Quote from name:Cardinal
This is probably the worst advice I've ever heard, not even trolling.

To start, snorting coke? For real? I don't see how that's ever a good idea (inb4 the many druggies we have on the boards).

:awesome:

Second, if you try anything for the first time you shouldn't be alone. You should be with someone you trust, because if you don't know how to measure 'as much as you can handle,' you're going to end up on the floor passed out. Which is funny and all games until you realize 'oh shit he just threw up in his mouth and suffocated on his own throw up' (true fact).
Third, I don't hang out around people who do a lot of that stuff. Cigarette smokers are out on the patio usually, sure, and I have friends that smoke. But they don't force me to smoke. They may say, 'hey we're going out for a smoke want to join?' and that's that. I'll even hang around them if they're smoking, and they're nice enough to be downwind so that its not blowing in my face.
Forth, if you feel that when you go out to a party you must try everything that anyone there is popping, smoking, whatever, then you must be entirely too insecure. If they're forcing you to do it you need to get the hell out of there.

In short, if you're a lightweight or new to partying, go with a friend that you trust. Don't smoke or try anything you don't want to. Hell I've been to parties on dorms where one or two people don't drink anything except soda. I don't think people really care. That's also true when I go out to the bar with friends, even if they're not the DD.

Good advice. Always be comfortable and relaxed when trying something new. Don't do anything you're nervous about, and do as much as is right for you! :D I'm going to a party tonight, and I've got a big ol' bottle of vodka ready for it. I will report on it later.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 >
  Back to forum