Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Parties: What Do?
Parties: What Do?
Feb 16 2011, 3:27 am
By: rayNimagi
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5

Feb 18 2011, 7:18 pm NudeRaider Post #81

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from Excalibur
Actually I've been known to take people who drink alcohol and light them on fire because I believe mind altering substances to be the root of all evil and stupidity in this world. So no, definitely not me. Unless, ya know, you'd like to die or something.
dude, you gotta calm down. Just because some people behave stupidly under the influence of alcohol doesn't mean you need to ban alcohol for everyone.
Do you think cars should be banned because there's car accidents?
Would you give up love (in general) because you've been cheated on?
Or how about everyone has to drink lactose free milk because there are people who are lactose intolerant?

I for one can handle alcohol quite well. Nobody really notices it when I get drunk, except maybe that I talk and laugh more. And I definitely won't give up on alcohol or be made into believing it's bad for me just because you had bad experiences.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Feb 18 2011, 10:48 pm by NudeRaider.

Feb 18 2011, 7:26 pm Fire_Kame Post #82

wth is starcraft

In that case, Nude, the suggestion is 'drink responsibly' not 'drink as much as you can handle' like Cardinal suggested.

My boyfriend has never touched alcohol and never well due to some alcoholism he encountered when he was younger. When I turned 21, I told him that I wanted to have a party at a bar with my friends. He was really nervous and agitated as I was planning. So when I turned 21 at midnight, I asked him if he wanted to buy me my first drink, we went out, he went up and got me a drink and we hung out for a couple of hours before leaving. He said it wasn't as bad as he thought it would be. We'll be out someplace and I might order a beer and he's fine with it. It just took him getting used to how I drink and how I 'act' when I drink - which isn't very different, apparently, because I don't go crazy when I drink usually. And if I plan on drinking heavily, he usually isn't around. I mean he's invited, but he doesn't like parties to begin with.

Anyways what I'm trying to say is that just because I drink and he doesn't that doesn't mean he tries to light me on fire.

Feb 18 2011, 10:45 pm Vrael Post #83

I think "drink as much as you can handle" falls into the category of "drinking responsibly." If you drink so much that you puke, you obviously can't handle it and you're not being responsible.

None.

Feb 18 2011, 10:48 pm NicholasBeige Post #84

Quote from Fire_Kame
Quote from name:Cardinal
Drink as much as you can handle. (smoking, popping pills, snorting coke, smacking your bitch up - same rules apply)
This is probably the worst advice I've ever heard, not even trolling.

To start, snorting coke? For real? I don't see how that's ever a good idea (inb4 the many druggies we have on the boards).
Second, if you try anything for the first time you shouldn't be alone. You should be with someone you trust, because if you don't know how to measure 'as much as you can handle,' you're going to end up on the floor passed out. Which is funny and all games until you realize 'oh shit he just threw up in his mouth and suffocated on his own throw up' (true fact).
Third, I don't hang out around people who do a lot of that stuff. Cigarette smokers are out on the patio usually, sure, and I have friends that smoke. But they don't force me to smoke. They may say, 'hey we're going out for a smoke want to join?' and that's that. I'll even hang around them if they're smoking, and they're nice enough to be downwind so that its not blowing in my face.
Forth, if you feel that when you go out to a party you must try everything that anyone there is popping, smoking, whatever, then you must be entirely too insecure. If they're forcing you to do it you need to get the hell out of there.

In short, if you're a lightweight or new to partying, go with a friend that you trust. Don't smoke or try anything you don't want to. Hell I've been to parties on dorms where one or two people don't drink anything except soda. I don't think people really care. That's also true when I go out to the bar with friends, even if they're not the DD.

Yo Vrael, we cool not to invite Kame?

Edit: On the more srs side of things, if you feel so strongly about substance abuse, you will never find yourself in a party situation wherein your friends or the people at the party are partaking. And if you do, my advise is obviously discarded. I only said it because, as far as I can remember... partys, booze, drugs, girls and sex all seemed to coagulate for mega big fun time. And obviously everyone is free to do whatever the hell they want, I ain't gonna tell a christian youth group that they are partying wrong because the pope was a paedophile and god actually loves atheists, and that she told me this herself. That'd just be mean.

Edit Edit:

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Feb 18 2011, 11:05 pm by Cardinal.

None.

Feb 19 2011, 3:44 am Vrael Post #85

Unfortunately Kame is the only girl on SEN. We can either have a sausagefest, or a sausagefest with one girl. And if we have at least one girl, I can dance with a girl so we gotta invite her.

That's a weird ass video, but I'd probably party with him considering all the nice ass laying around in his place.

None.

Feb 19 2011, 5:42 pm Fire_Kame Post #86

wth is starcraft

Quote from Vrael
Unfortunately Kame is the only girl on SEN. We can either have a sausagefest, or a sausagefest with one girl. And if we have at least one girl, I can dance with a girl so we gotta invite her.

That's a weird ass video, but I'd probably party with him considering all the nice ass laying around in his place.
:awesome:

Quote from name:Cardinal
Quote from kame
snip

Yo Vrael, we cool not to invite Kame?

Edit: On the more srs side of things, if you feel so strongly about substance abuse, you will never find yourself in a party situation wherein your friends or the people at the party are partaking. And if you do, my advise is obviously discarded. I only said it because, as far as I can remember... partys, booze, drugs, girls and sex all seemed to coagulate for mega big fun time. And obviously everyone is free to do whatever the hell they want, I ain't gonna tell a christian youth group that they are partying wrong because the pope was a paedophile and god actually loves atheists, and that she told me this herself. That'd just be mean.

Edit Edit:

You look like such a try hard. :rolleyes:

Feb 26 2011, 2:24 am Vrael Post #87

Also, just wanted to let you know that now is an appropriate time to party. Its currently Friday night. I will also be partying, so feel free to join me.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5
  Back to forum