Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Roy's Mod Mafia: Game 1
Roy's Mod Mafia: Game 1
Oct 1 2010, 3:11 pm
By: Roy
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 529 >

Oct 2 2010, 7:23 pm Roy Post #41

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Thank you to everyone that has signed up thus far.

I am going to be busy for the rest of today and the entirety of tomorrow, so I will not be able to update the participant list in the OP. Please sign-up if you have not done so already, and I will add you tomorrow night or the following morning.

Activity checks will likely be before or at the end of the week, depending on how many sign-ups occur by that time. The faster/more people sign-up, the sooner the game can begin.

Oct 2 2010, 7:53 pm Neki Post #42

What's the number you're looking for to participate?
(p.s just posting to make Roy think I signed up. :awesome: )

None.

Oct 2 2010, 8:14 pm Roy Post #43

Quote from Neki
What's the number you're looking for to participate?
(p.s just posting to make Roy think I signed up. :awesome: )
The ideal number is 32, the minimum is probably going to be around 22, and the max is 60. If more than 60 people try to sign up, too bad.

Oct 2 2010, 9:51 pm OlimarandLouie Post #44

What about those people who are unable to get on during certain days of the week? (i.e. me and Sundays)

None.

Oct 3 2010, 12:22 am Neki Post #45

Okay Roy, I'll sign up, but if I get a crappy role... :|

None.

Oct 3 2010, 2:30 am Bar Refaeli Post #46

http://www.staredit.net/?p=shoutbox&view=1148

None.

Oct 3 2010, 2:33 am Neki Post #47

Couldn't that be directed towards anyone? :lol:

None.

Oct 3 2010, 7:02 pm ImagoDeo Post #48

Definitely @ me. I did so well as Black Wizard last game. :notangel:

None.

Oct 3 2010, 9:06 pm UnholyUrine Post #49

I'd've liked to play, but I'm busy these days :(

sry..

None.

Oct 4 2010, 3:23 am Roy Post #50

Quote from OlimarandLouie
What about those people who are unable to get on during certain days of the week? (i.e. me and Sundays)
That's fine. If you want to send me actions in advance if you know you won't be there for a day, I'm more than willing to accept (it obviously won't work for voting because you must vote in the thread during the vote session). If you're the elder and a vote falls on Sunday, though... Bummer :awesome:

Turns may stretch beyond 24-hour periods, based on response times and participation of the players. Being unable to participate on specific days should not be a problem.

Quote from Neki
Okay Roy, I'll sign up, but if I get a crappy role...
You won't join the next time I host (looks like Spring of 2011)? Don't worry, you'll get an awesome role :awesome:

Yes.

Quote from UnholyUrine
I'd've liked to play, but I'm busy these days :(

sry..
You break my heart.

Quote from Aristocrat
How about a heart attack kills anyone who does not vote for three days?
I've thought it through, and anyone that is consistently inactive for the game (no night actions, no voting, no posting) will likely die of unnatural causes, and their role may transfer to another player at pseudo-random.

Great questions/comments. We're approaching the minimum amount of players, so I'll have activity checks soon. If you haven't signed up, do so now if you want to play!

Oct 4 2010, 4:39 am Leeroy_Jenkins Post #51

Quote from Roy

-_-

None.

Oct 4 2010, 2:29 pm Roy Post #52

Alright, I will be administering activity checks today. After they are all received, I will begin the game. With 20 players, I'm probably going to drop 6 roles.

This is the last chance to sign-up. Once all activity checks are in, sign-ups will be officially closed.

Oct 4 2010, 3:28 pm Wing Zero Post #53

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

UU how much time does it really take to play mafia, :massimo: you only need like 5 minutes a day...

Oct 4 2010, 3:36 pm Neki Post #54

Quote from Wing Zero
UU how much time does it really take to play mafia, :massimo: you only need like 5 minutes a day...
Not if you're a deceitful and cunning mafia, then it requires years of psychological work along with mental conditioning to even compete.

None.

Oct 4 2010, 3:52 pm NudeRaider Post #55

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

i sign up

Oct 4 2010, 4:06 pm Roy Post #56

Quote from Neki
Quote from Wing Zero
Not if you're a deceitful and cunning mafia, then it requires years of psychological work along with mental conditioning to even compete.
Not really. A rather inactive mafia for this game could still drive players crazy, since roles aren't revealed until the end.
Quote from NudeRaider
i sign up
Awesome. Glad to have you.

One more player and we won't have an annoying gap in the player list. Oh, and at 22 players I'll keep one more role, only dropping 5 of them.

Oct 5 2010, 2:14 am Generalpie Post #57

Staredit Puckwork

sign me up i guess

None.

Oct 5 2010, 3:58 am Roy Post #58

Quote from Generalpie
sign me up i guess
You're in.

We are awaiting one more activity response (I wonder who it could be). Roles will be distributed sometime tomorrow, and the first game post will be that same evening.

Oct 5 2010, 12:04 pm poison_us Post #59

Back* from the grave

Derqua?

Oh, and if they have logged in since you sent the PMs, do the "right" thing: kick their ass outta the game :awesome:

Oct 5 2010, 4:26 pm Roy Post #60

Derqua hasn't been online yesterday, which is when checks were sent.

I noticed arguments over past threads, so just for clarification: You may quote your role PM or fabricate one and send it to another player in this game. My writing should not be hard to imitate, and if you've been following The Killer's Game at all, you'd realize that fabrication can be performed easily. Rule #7 states that you may not use physical evidence to prove yourself, such as recording a video of yourself logging in the site and checking your role PM, or taking a screen shot of the PM and giving it to someone else (although these can easily be fabricated as well, they are still in violation). Also, obviously, giving your account password to someone so they can check your PM themselves is violating the rule. However, sending a PM with just text on it is not against the rule, as this game is about trust, deceit and trickery, and communicating via messages is the best way to do it.

Any questions?

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 529 >
  Back to forum