Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: Minecraft
Minecraft
Sep 27 2010, 10:05 am
By: Sie_Sayoka
Pages: < 1 « 9 10 11 12 1333 >

Mar 21 2011, 7:58 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #201

👻 👾 👽 💪

I use the official server ... If you turn off monsters and friendly mobs then the lag drops significantly.
My server only ever has 3 people on it max, though.

With like 1 or maybe 2 people, mobs don't lag very much.

>.> I hope this is because I'm running servers, and not because my internet really sucks that much.
Ok, so I tried it again without my server running, and I got about the same (within .02).

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Mar 21 2011, 8:13 pm by FaRTy1billion.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Mar 21 2011, 10:44 pm samsizzle Post #202

some pictures of my latest world.

Where I started digging. On the hill is the unfinished massive tower.

Inside the mine. The landing leads to a storage room and a staircase that leads to the tower.

Storage room.

The bottom of the mine. This is like 5 layers above the first layer of bedrock.

My first official strip mine, probably gonna turn it into an underground farm or something later on.

None.

Mar 21 2011, 11:25 pm poison_us Post #203

Back* from the grave

Very nice. I'm currently building a mine next to my underwater house in multiplayer. Rather than a strip mine, I'm making it a big giant fucking box, and using a water ladder.
Also, how did you get the UI to look like that? Much better than my current sword and shit.

EDIT: Almost forgot

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 21 2011, 11:34 pm by poison_us.

Mar 21 2011, 11:43 pm samsizzle Post #204

its just a customized painterly texture pack and I use bettergrass mod to get the grass the way it is in the first picture.

None.

Mar 22 2011, 4:07 am LoveLess Post #205

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Anyway, Single Player got old... Fast. If anyone ever wants to work on a project together, I'm game. Or it could be the fact that when I finally made three Train Systems, five Water Elevators and had a fucking castle... I fell off a scaffold for my castle, died and when I respawned... I had remembered getting very... Very... VERY lost on my first night. Even with my some 80 block high scaffolding all over the place, I couldn't find it for over an hour. I gave up... It made me cry a little. That was my first, my biggest and my most awesomest world.

None.

Mar 22 2011, 5:20 am Kaias Post #206

Quote from LoveLess
Anyway, Single Player got old... Fast. If anyone ever wants to work on a project together, I'm game. Or it could be the fact that when I finally made three Train Systems, five Water Elevators and had a fucking castle... I fell off a scaffold for my castle, died and when I respawned... I had remembered getting very... Very... VERY lost on my first night. Even with my some 80 block high scaffolding all over the place, I couldn't find it for over an hour. I gave up... It made me cry a little. That was my first, my biggest and my most awesomest world.
With MCEdit, it'd be easy to find your castle again and you could even move your spawn point there. If you want, I could do it for you if you send me your world.

Regardless, we need a SEN server.

None.

Mar 22 2011, 6:28 am payne Post #207

:payne:

Quote from Kaias
This! :awesome:

None.

Mar 22 2011, 11:33 am poison_us Post #208

Back* from the grave

If I could run Minecraft's server, I would set it up. I have an old dyndns that I never use :awesome:
The .exe has the same problems running that the client version does; when I double click, or even right-click --> open, it does absolutely nothing. Watching processes shows that it tries to start up for roughly half a second, then mysteriously dies.

Mar 22 2011, 12:08 pm NicholasBeige Post #209

Quote from payne
Quote from Kaias
Agreed.

I also want to open up and mod minecraft. Create new blocks and new creation algorithms. It'd be pretty awesome if your character has to eat to survive. Placed blocks that have been placed for 2 days should become more resistant (maybe 2x) to player attacks (except yourself) and mobs/creepers etc...

None.

Mar 22 2011, 12:46 pm OlimarandLouie Post #210

Quote from name:Cardinal
Quote from payne
Quote from Kaias
Agreed.

I also want to open up and mod minecraft. Create new blocks and new creation algorithms. It'd be pretty awesome if your character has to eat to survive. Placed blocks that have been placed for 2 days should become more resistant (maybe 2x) to player attacks (except yourself) and mobs/creepers etc...
I play on a server that has a mod where you have to eat to survive. No. Don't do it. It gets really annoying really quick.

None.

Mar 22 2011, 1:22 pm poison_us Post #211

Back* from the grave

Quote from OlimarandLouie
Quote from name:Cardinal
Quote from payne
Quote from Kaias
Agreed.

I play on a server that has a mod where you have to eat to survive. No. Don't do it. It gets really annoying really quick.
Yeah, imagine having to build and use a toilet block, or your character randomly drops a button-sized brown block behind you. I'm guessing it would be about like that.

EDIT: http://canihostaminecraftserver.com/

Result: Yes, a million times!

You can host a maximum of:

Players at the same time, plus yourself

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 22 2011, 1:38 pm by poison_us.

Mar 22 2011, 1:44 pm LoveLess Post #212

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Well I definitely cant do it. :P

None.

Mar 22 2011, 2:05 pm Zycorax Post #213

Grand Moderator of the Games Forum

Holy shit. I win.

I'm guessing most of you have a better connection than what my friend has, and his server is running fine with at least five people + animals and monsters.

Mar 22 2011, 2:50 pm poison_us Post #214

Back* from the grave

Setting up my server now...Farty, if you could send me a .zip with the .txt files so I can take a look and see what to make my folder look like, that would be very much appreciated. Remember, Minecraft's .exe's dislike working with me. However, because Java loves me, I've currently got a semi-working server. Basically, I'd be the only one that could play on it, because it doesn't have an IP due to a missing server.properties file.

Files I currently need:

server.properties
banned-players.txt
banned-ips.txt
ops.txt
white-list.txt

I figure most of these are probably just .txt files with one name/ip per line, but if it's different I'd like to know. Especially for the properties.

NEVERMIND. It automatically creates them if they don't exist when you exit the program.

EDIT2: :crybaby:

[SEVERE] Unexpected exception
java.net.UnknownHostException: poison4200.dyndns.org
at java.net.Inet6AddressImpl.lookupAllHostAddr(Native Method)
at java.net.InetAddress$1.lookupAllHostAddr(Unknown Source)
at java.net.InetAddress.getAddressFromNameService(Unknown Source)
at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(Unknown Source)
at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(Unknown Source)
at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(Unknown Source)
at java.net.InetAddress.getByName(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(SourceFile:107)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:237)
at bc.run(SourceFile:366)

EDIT3: Lingie helped me, so it's currently up. Currently running a whitelist because I don't want people to get on and destroy shit randomly. Contact me on TeamSpeak, through SEN, etc and I'll give you the info.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Mar 22 2011, 3:28 pm by poison_us.

Mar 22 2011, 3:53 pm Riney Post #215

Thigh high affectionado

My server is up

LingieSRV.DynDNS.org:6116 is the address. Dont fuck shit up. You do NOT need a legit copy to play.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Mar 22 2011, 4:20 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #216

👻 👾 👽 💪

I can apparently only host two people. :awesome:

Quote from poison_us
EDIT3: Lingie helped me, so it's currently up. Currently running a whitelist because I don't want people to get on and destroy shit randomly. Contact me on TeamSpeak, through SEN, etc and I'll give you the info.
Does this mean you'll no longer be using mine?

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Mar 22 2011, 4:56 pm payne Post #217

:payne:

So which one shall we use?
Riney's or poison's ?
Put me on the white list. :awesome:

None.

Mar 22 2011, 5:52 pm Riney Post #218

Thigh high affectionado

Just got done with the spawner :awesome:

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Mar 22 2011, 8:18 pm poison_us Post #219

Back* from the grave

Riney's. My internet is shitting out on minecraft, for whatever reason. Runs perfect until Riney logged in, then went to shit forever after.

Mar 23 2011, 12:34 am Riney Post #220

Thigh high affectionado

The skytram, and Poison's arena

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Options
Pages: < 1 « 9 10 11 12 1333 >
  Back to forum