Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Norm Mafia #2: Dark Age Edition
Norm Mafia #2: Dark Age Edition
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Sep 7 2010, 9:51 pm
By: Norm
Pages: < 1 « 18 19 20 21 2246 >

Sep 20 2010, 7:05 pm Azrael Post #381

Quote from name:Raccoon
Guard dies N1. King is mafia.

But on the other side, the only good clue is the one against azrael. Leeroy has good logic.

He doesn't have good logic, as I already pointed out. Mafia bandwagon right here.

Sep 20 2010, 7:34 pm ImagoDeo Post #382

Raccoon vs. Azrael - where will it end?

I'm abstaining until a bandwagon has developed, then I'll hop aboard.

None.

Sep 20 2010, 8:32 pm Leeroy_Jenkins Post #383

I'd appreciate it if everyone didn't ignore my clue. It's fine if you don't believe it, but at least state why. I think it's sound logic.

Azrael, your counter point was that words were capitalized for no reason, although I stated that last game's capitalization of "Mystery" was pointing towards me. Just because "Question" was interpreted to mean demon, doesn't mean that was how the clue was supposed to be interpreted.

You also said that I must be mafia because I am trying to "shut you up." Although, that would have been accomplished much easier by killing you last night.

None.

Sep 20 2010, 8:37 pm Azrael Post #384

I stated why, it's because capitalizing random words is the default method Norm uses for adding red herrings.

Just because you think "Mystery" pointed to you doesn't mean that was how the clue was supposed to be interpreted. All other capitalized words last game were red herrings pointing at Townies.

Also, I never said you were trying to "shut me up," I said you were trying to incriminate me and shut Roy up, and he did die last night.

Sep 20 2010, 8:39 pm Neki Post #385

Did Norm actually say that the capitalization was part of his clue arsenal that he pulls out? It could have been a coincidence.

None.

Sep 20 2010, 8:39 pm Leeroy_Jenkins Post #386

Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
I stated why, it's because capitalizing random words is the default method Norm uses for adding red herrings.

I'm not sure it states anywhere that a capitalized clue is necessarily a red herring. I'm not sure Norm ever unofficially stated that either. Even if some were, that doesn't mean all are. That's how red herrings work. Sometimes they can be a clue, sometimes just a distraction. If he used the same 'format' for every red herring, that would defeat the purpose of a red herring.

None.

Sep 20 2010, 8:40 pm Azrael Post #387

Quote from name:Taylor Swift
Did Norm actually say that the capitalization was part of his clue arsenal that he pulls out? It could have been a coincidence.

Last game he randomly capitalized a bunch of words, and every time it was aimed at incriminating Townies. I cited a few examples earlier.

Sep 20 2010, 8:42 pm Leeroy_Jenkins Post #388

Last game he randomly capitalized a bunch of words, and every time it was aimed at incriminating Townies. I cited a few example earlier.

You keep ignoring the fact that "Mystery" was capitalized last game as a clue towards my Murder Mystery map, since I was mafia.

None.

Sep 20 2010, 8:44 pm Azrael Post #389

Quote from Leeroy_Jenkins
You keep ignoring the fact that "Mystery" was capitalized last game as a clue towards my Murder Mystery map, since I was mafia.

I cited two examples where the capitalization was definitely a red herring, and you cited one. If you're going to say "Question" doesn't definitely point to Demon, then I say "Mystery" doesn't definitely point to you with the same logic.

If you can provide more than one example in the entire last game where a capitalized word was a legitimate clue, by all means.

Sep 20 2010, 8:45 pm Leeroy_Jenkins Post #390

I cited two examples where the capitalization was definitely a red herring, and you cited one. If you're going to say "Question" doesn't definitely point to Demon, then I say "Mystery" doesn't definitely point to you with the same logic.

If you can provide more than one example in the entire last game where a capitalized word was a legitimate clue, by all means.

I don't think you get the point of a red herring. Sometimes it can be a clue, and sometimes it can be a red herring. It's never one or the other.

It's not like Norm puts all his red herrings into the Capitalized word format as to make sure we can always see right away when it's a red herring.

None.

Sep 20 2010, 8:46 pm Azrael Post #391

I don't think you get the point of a red herring. Sometimes it can be a clue, and sometimes it can be a red herring. It's never one or the other.

So you're conveniently ignoring the fact he capitalized at least a dozen random words last game, but only one or two could have possibly been a legitimate clue :P

Sep 20 2010, 8:47 pm Roy Post #392

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Last game he randomly capitalized a bunch of words, and every time it was aimed at incriminating Townies. I cited a few examples earlier.
Courage -> Triforce -> Wing Zero, who was Mafia.

Sep 20 2010, 8:48 pm Leeroy_Jenkins Post #393

So you're conveniently ignoring the fact he capitalized a dozen random words last game, but only one was a legitimate clue :P

I'm sure some of them were clues that were never figured out. How many real clues did people actually figure out last game? Exactly.

None.

Sep 20 2010, 8:49 pm Azrael Post #394

Quote from Roy
Courage -> Triforce -> Wing Zero, who was Mafia.

Edited my previous statement to account for this.

I'm sure some of them were clues that were never figured out. How many real clues did people actually figure out last game? Exactly.

I'm at an unfair advantage in this argument because I know for a fact that the "clue" in question either doesn't point to me or is a red herring. Then again, you may be Mafia, in which case I guess you know it too.

Considering how you said yourself you personally consider Roy to be the biggest threat to the Mafia, and that he needed to be double-teamed ASAP, it's awfully suspicious that that's exactly what happened on the very first night this game.

Sep 20 2010, 8:51 pm Leeroy_Jenkins Post #395

If everyone doesn't vote for Azrael (seeing as how there is an actual clue against him) lynch me next because I quit.

None.

Sep 20 2010, 8:53 pm Azrael Post #396

If everyone doesn't vote for Raccoon (seeing as how there are a number of actual clues against him) lynch me next because I quit.

Sep 20 2010, 8:57 pm Leeroy_Jenkins Post #397

If people don't vote for Raccoon, you'll get lynched instead. Thanks for you permission to lynch you though. OH. I get it now. You were trying to be funny...

None.

Sep 20 2010, 8:59 pm Azrael Post #398

No, I was pointing out that your logic hardcore fails. Multiple people have pointed out clues that incriminate Raccoon. You go out of your way to look for one that incriminates someone else, then go "oh hai guys, heres one clue that might point to Azrael, now ignore all the clues that point to Raccoon OR ELSE I RAEGQUIT!!"

Okay then.

Sep 20 2010, 9:07 pm Tempz Post #399

I vote Racoon...

If we vote Racoon and hes a townie role we might need to think over our clue interpreters

None.

Sep 20 2010, 9:09 pm OlimarandLouie Post #400

I vote Raccoon for added suspense.

Plus I believe Azrael.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 18 19 20 21 2246 >
  Back to forum