Are pickles delicious?
Are pickles delicious?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Yes 31

64%
No 18

37%
Please login to vote.
Poll has 49 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

May 30 2010, 4:01 am payne Post #21

:payne:

Pickles sux.
I'm still wondering how pregnant women can even think about eating them with ice cream ;o

None.

May 30 2010, 4:38 am Newb Post #22

Pickles are good if there is nothing else combined with them.
But they do not belong on sandwiches. It causes :wut: , then effectively afterward :hurr:

None.

May 30 2010, 6:01 am EzTerix Post #23

sorry snooks, no pickles.

None.

May 30 2010, 6:17 am UnholyUrine Post #24

Quote from Vi3t-X
"The ingestion of 30 ounces of fukujinzuke (assorted vegetables pickled in soy sauce) or of vinegared gherkins over a three-day period caused marked changes in the surface epithelium and gastric pits in all three subjects. The abnormalities consisted of loss of cellular mucus, nuclear enlargement, prominent nuclear chromatin and an increased number of mitotic figures."
Histological Effect of Certain Pickles on the Human Gastric Mucos
W. C. MacDonald, F. H. Anderson, and S. Hashimoto

Unfortunately, you forgot to mention the date... That paper is published in 1967, and there are no current, up-to-date studies about the relationship between pickles and gastric cancer. Moreover, the paper only states that this would cause gastric epithelial atrophy, which is only correlated with cancer, and is in no way a causal relationship. Their experiment was focused on finding a plasuible way for studying gastric epithelium histologically. Lastly, I want to point out that none of these people went on to look further into the correlation between pickles and cancer, making it hard to imagine that they were any confident about actual relationships.

And also, I loooove pickles in sandwiches.. I would imagine that if you drank that disgusting preservative juice with the pickles, it'd make it disgusting, but I don't :D

None.

May 30 2010, 6:24 am DavidJCobb Post #25

Holy shit, Unholy, tha's some pwnage right there. :D I'd totally +karma you for that, but I'm still waiting out the unreasonably long cooldown and karma is completely anonymous, so I'm going to express this sentiment in a post instead.

None.

May 30 2010, 6:33 am FlashBeer Post #26

Pickles are one of the only few foods I don't like. Cucumbers or pickled peppers are fine though.

None.

May 30 2010, 6:45 am CaptainWill Post #27

Quote from DavidJCobb
Holy shit, Unholy, tha's some pwnage right there. :D I'd totally +karma you for that, but I'm still waiting out the unreasonably long cooldown and karma is completely anonymous, so I'm going to express this sentiment in a post instead.

This.

Also, pickles are great in sandwiches. Same goes for hot peppers. I often get them when I go to Subway, because I'm too lazy to make my own sandwiches.

None.

May 30 2010, 2:10 pm Dem0n Post #28

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote from CaptainWill
Also, pickles are great in sandwiches. Same goes for hot peppers. I often get them when I go to Subway, because I'm too lazy to make my own sandwiches.
Men shouldn't make their own sandwiches anyway.

May 30 2010, 5:12 pm Syphon Post #29

Only dill pickles. Fuck sweet pickles.

And they only belong on sandwiches cut lengthwise.

None.

May 30 2010, 7:32 pm FatalException Post #30

Quote from Syphon
Only dill pickles. Fuck sweet pickles.
This. Sweet pickles may be one of the most disgusting foods ever, but I like dills.

None.

May 30 2010, 7:57 pm Insane Crusader Post #31

Pickles are delicious.
Sandwich + Pickles = Om Nom Nom

End.

None.

May 30 2010, 8:10 pm EzDay281 Post #32

Pickled peppers are for the win and make wonderful snacks.

None.

May 30 2010, 8:16 pm Centreri Post #33

Relatively ancient and inactive

Yes, yes they are.

None.

May 31 2010, 5:59 am poison_us Post #34

Back* from the grave

Quote from Insane Crusader
Pickles are delicious.
Northman here, and I approve this message.

May 31 2010, 7:51 pm The Starport Post #35

Quote from Vi3t-X
"The ingestion of 30 ounces of fukujinzuke (assorted vegetables pickled in soy sauce) or of vinegared gherkins over a three-day period caused marked changes in the surface epithelium and gastric pits in all three subjects. The abnormalities consisted of loss of cellular mucus, nuclear enlargement, prominent nuclear chromatin and an increased number of mitotic figures."
Histological Effect of Certain Pickles on the Human Gastric Mucos
W. C. MacDonald, F. H. Anderson, and S. Hashimoto

Basically stomach cancer.
Just about everything is carcinogenic, nowadays.

Fukujinzuke - Awesome name.

None.

May 31 2010, 9:47 pm Corbo Post #36

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

EW pickles. Makes me wanna vomit just to hear the name.

fuck you all

Jun 4 2010, 3:13 am Generalpie Post #37

Staredit Puckwork

Pickles are delicious.

End.
I approve of this message.

None.

Jun 4 2010, 3:22 am DavidJCobb Post #38

Quote from Generalpie
Pickles are delicious.

End.
I approve of this message.
I approve of the message you approved, the message in which you voiced the approval, and the approval itself.

None.

Jun 4 2010, 4:12 am poison_us Post #39

Back* from the grave

I approved before either of you.

Quote from poison_us
Pickles are delicious.
Northman here, and I approve this message.

Jun 4 2010, 4:19 am DavidJCobb Post #40

Well, I approve of your approval and of the post in which you express it, though I'm not sure if you disapprove of our approval and hence I cannot with any certainty approve of your approval of our approvals, as I'm not sure that that particular approval that I would be approving exists.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum