Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: An odd experience
An odd experience
Apr 7 2010, 1:21 am
By: MasterJohnny  
Polls
So at the point: Do you think it is really worth it to lock your car door when your driving and your the only one in it?
So at the point: Do you think it is really worth it to lock your car door when your driving and your the only one in it?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Yes 11

65%
No 5

30%
Other 1

6%
Please login to vote.
Poll has 17 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Apr 9 2010, 12:40 am UnholyUrine Post #21

Yes my doors were unlocked, Who locks their doors when they are IN the car and driving.

My friend was driving once, with his family in the car, and was confronted by a streaker. He said the naked man tried opening the door. Thank goodness it was locked. So, why WOULDN'T you lock your door?

None.

Apr 9 2010, 1:36 am Lanthanide Post #22

Quote from Rantent
It was most likely a domestic dispute over a dinner situation, given the time. This could indicate that the husband/boyfriend is a hard working individual, who expects other family members to be the same. The fact that you gave this woman a ride indicates that:
A. She was not concerned about bringing other people into such a domestic dispute.
<snip>
A. could possibly mean that she is unfaithful, or at least sociable to the point where such a husband may become concerned, and express such concern through anger. It could also mean that you have now been incorporated into such a drama, just as her child is probably not the front of the husband's/boyfriend's anger, but rather an accessory. Your affiliation with this woman may be called upon at a future point.
Having been a victim of domestic abuse myself, I have to say that you really have no idea what you're talking about by making such baseless generalisations, and any number of things could've been going on for her. Maybe her husband is a violent drunk and she hadn't done anything to instigate the situation at all. Or maybe she is a cheating hoe-bag who's husband just found out. Or maybe she burnt dinner. Maybe something bad has happened that was out of her control and she is attempting to escape the likely wrath of her husband who will blame her for it. We just don't know.

All we know is what the woman told us; trying to guess what is really going on behind the scenes is pointless as it could have been any number of events and past history of which you have absolutely no clue about. She could've even been lying for all we know.

None.

Apr 9 2010, 2:04 am MasterJohnny Post #23

Quote from DevliN
Knowing the area you live in (thanks to the College thread :><: ), I'd fear more for my own safety. But I've had nothing but bad/weird experiences out there. :/
You think that I live near Mt San Antonio College?, But I do not! I actually live in Rosemead which is kind of far from college.

Quote from UnholyUrine
Yes my doors were unlocked, Who locks their doors when they are IN the car and driving.

My friend was driving once, with his family in the car, and was confronted by a streaker. He said the naked man tried opening the door. Thank goodness it was locked. So, why WOULDN'T you lock your door?
Because there is not really a point of locking your doors. The thing you do after you park your car is get out. So instead of facing the hassle of unlocking and getting out, I just leave it unlocked.

I am a Mathematician

Apr 9 2010, 3:06 am Leeroy_Jenkins Post #24

Quote from MasterJohnny
Because there is not really a point of locking your doors. The thing you do after you park your car is get out. So instead of facing the hassle of unlocking and getting out, I just leave it unlocked.
Most cars you can open from the inside while it's locked...

None.

Apr 9 2010, 6:51 pm Rantent Post #25

Do you think it is really worth it to lock your car door when your driving and your the only one in it?
First off it depends on the area, secondly, it depends on what your holding.

None.

Apr 9 2010, 7:58 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #26

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Leeroy_Jenkins
Quote from MasterJohnny
Most cars you can open from the inside while it's locked...
Mine can't. Though if you turn off the car (or put it in park I think) it will unlock itself.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Apr 9 2010, 8:11 pm Super Duper Post #27

My car auto-locks. It's just a nuisance, IMO. No point in locking, anyways.

None.

Apr 9 2010, 8:15 pm Centreri Post #28

Relatively ancient and inactive

While we're on the topic, my car autolocks and autoopens (from the inside). I very much like it doing this.

None.

Apr 10 2010, 12:03 am DevliN Post #29

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from MasterJohnny
Quote from DevliN
Knowing the area you live in (thanks to the College thread :><: ), I'd fear more for my own safety. But I've had nothing but bad/weird experiences out there. :/
You think that I live near Mt San Antonio College?, But I do not! I actually live in Rosemead which is kind of far from college.
Ah, okay. My girlfriend lives in West Covina and the amount of times I've heard of murders taking place blocks from there are amazing (like that fun little Santa Claus incident).

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 10 2010, 2:57 pm MadZombie Post #30

Skimmed through it and I just thought I'd say "Ask for sexual favours" just to have those words in this topic if someone searches for it or something. I mean really.

Did she ask you to take her to the lot? The fact that you drove any bit is a good gesture no matter what happened because you have to always consider that you could have been robbed or something. That's actually a pretty good idea, should I ever have the need to mug or get a free ride fro ma random stranger. Just saying.

Or she could have been abducting the child and need a getaway from the male parent :O!

None.

Apr 10 2010, 6:40 pm Norm Post #31

My car has to be manually locked and unlocked, and the doors do not open from the inside while it is locked. However, I always keep my car locked at all times so that people can't steal all my CD's ><.

None.

Options
  Back to forum