Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Dream. What the hell?
Dream. What the hell?
Mar 10 2010, 11:26 pm
By: Positively
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Mar 11 2010, 2:54 am Fire_Kame Post #21

wth is starcraft

I don't know why you guys want lucid dreams. I have quite a few...and I wake up emotionally drained every time.

Mar 11 2010, 3:00 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #22

👻 👾 👽 💪

Have less emotional dreams. :P Have dreams like ... I remember lucid dreams where I just had super-abilities ... like the ability to control gravity's control over me. It felt so amazing ... ;o I could jump, then actively decide when to start falling. I didn't really do anything other than hop around a bit, then I woke up thinking "That was amazing." and carried on with my morning. Nothing in the dream was happening. I was just in an arbitrary dream-setting.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Mar 11 2010, 4:06 am DavidJCobb Post #23

The symbol may not have a linguistic or even a pictorial meaning. It could be an arbitrary, abstract shape used to represent an emotion, a repressed memory, a person whose appearance you cannot remember, some psychological abnormality that you have noticed on a subconscious level... who knows. A random object conjured up by your brain to represent something more emotional than logical or factual. In such a case, the only way I can think of to identify the symbol would be to enter a lucid dream, conjure up some representation of your subconscious, and ask it. I've never lucid dreamed before, so I've no idea if that's even possible...

That, or you could hope that you get (un?)lucky, and that something connected to the symbol's meaning arises in real life in such a way that the dream changes into something else next time you experience it.

None.

Mar 11 2010, 4:21 am Wing Zero Post #24

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Quote from name:Ciara
Actually, I find this mentally difficult, but I do it all the time.
Whenever I have a dream, sometimes I can alter the dream to my liking. One time, I was having a nightmare around the age of 15 and I altered the nightmare into a happy kind of dream. I still do that to this date.
Before 15, I could wake up on command. It was freaky.
If it really gets this bad, try to wake up. I talked to a lot of people, not many can alter their dreams. Sometimes, you have the power to say inside your dream "Okay, this is a dream. Open your eyelids" and you are awake.

I cannot explain how to do this, obviously. But for me, once I understand "Okay, this is a dream", I suddenly have complete control of what happens.

I do that occasionally but sometimes it turns on me :P
EX: I'm falling and I make myself a parachute, then a few seconds after i took control I lose it and the parachute fails :hurr:

Mar 11 2010, 4:31 am CaptainWill Post #25

Quote from Jack
Quote from Fire_Kame
Quote from OlimarandLouie
Quote from Vrael
You will be visited by three ghosts. The first will show you the past and your cruelty, and you will tremble. The second will show you the hell you have wrought in the present, and you will cower. The third will show you the damnation you have wrought for yourself in the future, and you will repent. This symbol is the symbol of your death and the evil you must battle in order to save your soul...
AKA Silent Hill.

OH FFS
Agreed. Someone needs to read more classic literature.

Nice rip-off of Dickens.

None.

Mar 11 2010, 4:58 am ClansAreForGays Post #26

Typical cafg dream:

1. Go on adventure, or something mundane like school or work. Worry about what other people think of me.
---------------OR-------------
1. Stuck in something that's slowly turning into a scary movie. See it coming and avoid everything. Be incredibly bored.

2. Start to remember that I can't float or do backflips, realizing that I am in a dream.

3. Hang on to this fake world for dear life, and not use "super dream powers" because I find the remaining length of my dream is drastically shortened the more I break the rules.

4. While actively hopelessly trying to convince myself that I'm not dreaming(to give me more time) I start a frantic race against the clock to perform rape.

5. Start a friendly conversation with some object of desire that I had previously been timid of. Try to lure her into a room with a lock.(or else other dream people will fight me off of her)

6. Lock door and proceed to assault the girl. 50% of the time I wake up out of sheer joy of upcoming rape, which makes me curse everything.

7. Enjoy about 10 seconds of actual intercourse, then wake up as I cum into PJ's. Change boxers and reflect on awesome rape.

Mar 11 2010, 5:01 am Centreri Post #27

Relatively ancient and inactive

:ermm:

None.

Mar 11 2010, 5:10 am payne Post #28

:payne:

Quote from MadZombie
YGG? GYG? GGY?
Mr Obvious.
:facts: (Click it).

... it probably means you're gay and loves me. :P

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Mar 11 2010, 5:31 am by payne. Reason: Le Jeu. (French) =P

None.

Mar 11 2010, 5:44 am rockz Post #29

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Last night I dreamed I was a muffler. When I woke up, I was exhausted.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Mar 11 2010, 6:03 am Devourer Post #30

Hello

You know what is really weird?
I sometimes got dreams in which I am lying in my bed, trying to sleep but can't. It's all quiet and dark, so the optimal sleeping conditions for me, but inside of that dream I just can't sleep. It's a fun fact that I'm fucking tired the next morning just as I wouldn't have slept the entire night. God, that sucks.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Mar 11 2010, 6:11 am ToA Post #31

Que Sera, Sera.

Ciara, what you do is pretty much lucid dreaming.

You should try lucid dreaming, maybe you can figure it out.

Mar 11 2010, 11:35 am LoveLess Post #32

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

I have the hardest time telling the difference between a dream and reality, since most of my dreams continue off as if I was still awake from that point where I fell asleep. It's almost like I live two lives and I don't think there was a single night that I did not dream in the past year or so. It can be quite annoying, because sometimes I will think that I have done something and when I wake up, I believe it's already done.

My dreams, they play tricks.

But after having done some research, I belive what your dream is trying to do is this: You have seen the image somewhere before, but you cannot remember it subconciously. Therefore, once you enter sleep and your brain is trying to purge some of this information, for some reason, it does not want to let go of this information. It is retaining it and displaying it in your dreams, because as I have read from several different studies, it has been found that dreams are basically your subconcious preventing those images from being forgotten. When you wake up and cannot remember the dream, but you know you did have one, your brain just failed and you lost information.

None.

Mar 11 2010, 12:26 pm MadZombie Post #33

"You can travel through it, but you'll probably get stuck somewhere. The terrain is intended to be followed through a very specific trail and going the wrong way at some places might force you to re host in order to continue your exploration.
It is suggested to explore all the areas deeply before trying to enter into something that seems like a door."
YGG = Yggdrasil

http://www.staredit.net/files/1407/

Mind = blown. You need to play more of that map. That's why you are having that dream. You have been going the wrong way so you need to re host(dream again) until you end up at the right door.

I also had a dream last night where i was in a house and i got visited by these two time cops and a playful robot. They told me i was in trouble and just as quickly fucking plasma dripping AVP type ghost shit showed up. I WAS LIKE O SHIT. For some reason as i watched the guys protect me i noticed it wasn't lazer rifles ( as I had thought at first) But WATER guns. The creatures were weak against water. The robot was the size of like toaster so i picked him up and ran into the attic. By then one of the guys died and the other was on his way upstairs for the final stand. He got stabbed on the way and i managed to pick up his gun but to my realization it lacked sufficient waters :C. I grabbed the robot (let's call him Thursday) and jumped through the window into a awesomely placed pool in the back yard. I re loaded and rambo'd the shit out of everything. The boss creature had an anti water shield so i had to wrestle him in the pool and force water down his throat. He was made of plasma and skeleton so you could imagine how hard this was. After succeeding i got out and gave Thursday a have five. As i reached into his appendage he closed it on my hand. That's when i realized he was actually a small metal trash bin with a lid. I wtf'd and woke up.

None.

Mar 11 2010, 7:26 pm Jack Post #34

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from MadZombie
"You can travel through it, but you'll probably get stuck somewhere. The terrain is intended to be followed through a very specific trail and going the wrong way at some places might force you to re host in order to continue your exploration.
It is suggested to explore all the areas deeply before trying to enter into something that seems like a door."
YGG = Yggdrasil

http://www.staredit.net/files/1407/

Mind = blown. You need to play more of that map. That's why you are having that dream. You have been going the wrong way so you need to re host(dream again) until you end up at the right door.

I also had a dream last night where i was in a house and i got visited by these two time cops and a playful robot. They told me i was in trouble and just as quickly fucking plasma dripping AVP type ghost shit showed up. I WAS LIKE O SHIT. For some reason as i watched the guys protect me i noticed it wasn't lazer rifles ( as I had thought at first) But WATER guns. The creatures were weak against water. The robot was the size of like toaster so i picked him up and ran into the attic. By then one of the guys died and the other was on his way upstairs for the final stand. He got stabbed on the way and i managed to pick up his gun but to my realization it lacked sufficient waters :C. I grabbed the robot (let's call him Thursday) and jumped through the window into a awesomely placed pool in the back yard. I re loaded and rambo'd the shit out of everything. The boss creature had an anti water shield so i had to wrestle him in the pool and force water down his throat. He was made of plasma and skeleton so you could imagine how hard this was. After succeeding i got out and gave Thursday a have five. As i reached into his appendage he closed it on my hand. That's when i realized he was actually a small metal trash bin with a lid. I wtf'd and woke up.
Analysis:
The ghosts represent an overt interest in the paranormal. Too much /x/.

The water represented your desire for a wet dream, and your lack of ability to get a gf. The toaster is because you've been eating too much toast, and gaining weight because of it. Slim down to 1 slice, bud.

The time travelers are because of that assignment you won't finish in time. The cops are because of your stolen light bulbs. And finally, the trash can is a symbol of your subconcious hatred of all things Microsoft.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Mar 11 2010, 8:52 pm lil-Inferno Post #35

Just here for the pie

I've had my share of lucid dreams throughout my life. I can really only remember one of them.

I was on a pirate ship with four other kids around my age. Two girls, three guys including me. We were in the hold of it and a battle was happening above us, so I grabbed a cutlass and went up decks to fight, as did the other four kids, none of whom I recognized from real life. We weren't even on the seas, but the ship was plopped right next to my high school, except you had to go through random alleyways to get to it. Anyhoo, there I am fighting alongside other people, none of whom I recognized, against these robot things. It lasted a little while until me and the four other original people left the ship and went towards the high school, where I found a garage on the side with a small slit to enter it underneath. Me and the other four kids entered it and what do I see? Hookers, clowns, a disco ball, a DJ, and go-go dancers. So I go into one of the back rooms and have sex with one of the two girls from the little tribe and it turns into a wet lucid dream lul :wut:. Dreams are awesome.

Mar 12 2010, 11:32 pm Positively Post #36

Quote from DavidJCobb
The symbol may not have a linguistic or even a pictorial meaning. It could be an arbitrary, abstract shape used to represent an emotion, a repressed memory, a person whose appearance you cannot remember, some psychological abnormality that you have noticed on a subconscious level... who knows. A random object conjured up by your brain to represent something more emotional than logical or factual. In such a case, the only way I can think of to identify the symbol would be to enter a lucid dream, conjure up some representation of your subconscious, and ask it. I've never lucid dreamed before, so I've no idea if that's even possible...

That, or you could hope that you get (un?)lucky, and that something connected to the symbol's meaning arises in real life in such a way that the dream changes into something else next time you experience it.

Mm. I find this amazing interesting. I'm going to have to search on stuff about what you've touched on. ;). Awesome.

Quote from LoveLess
I have the hardest time telling the difference between a dream and reality, since most of my dreams continue off as if I was still awake from that point where I fell asleep. It's almost like I live two lives and I don't think there was a single night that I did not dream in the past year or so. It can be quite annoying, because sometimes I will think that I have done something and when I wake up, I believe it's already done.

My dreams, they play tricks.

But after having done some research, I belive what your dream is trying to do is this: You have seen the image somewhere before, but you cannot remember it subconciously. Therefore, once you enter sleep and your brain is trying to purge some of this information, for some reason, it does not want to let go of this information. It is retaining it and displaying it in your dreams, because as I have read from several different studies, it has been found that dreams are basically your subconcious preventing those images from being forgotten. When you wake up and cannot remember the dream, but you know you did have one, your brain just failed and you lost information.

Hmm. I can't understand why my mind would want to keep that certain symbol... I don't remember seeing it anywhere that I remember.. :/.

None.

Mar 12 2010, 11:49 pm Norm Post #37

Quote from rockz

Post of the Day.

None.

Mar 13 2010, 12:30 am Fire_Kame Post #38

wth is starcraft

Quote from Devourer
I sometimes got dreams in which I am lying in my bed, trying to sleep but can't. It's all quiet and dark, so the optimal sleeping conditions for me, but inside of that dream I just can't sleep. It's a fun fact that I'm fucking tired the next morning just as I wouldn't have slept the entire night. God, that sucks.

I hate dreams that happen in my bed. I had one more recently where I was trying to convince myself to go to sleep, and if I did then a monster would go away. No frickin joke. I'm 21 for ffs and I'm afraid of monsters under my bed in my dreams. At one point when I 'woke up' and looked, I did see a shadowed figure that was back lit by my cellphone which charges on my bookshelf. The two nights before that I had miserable dreams too...so I almost gave myself insomnia just to make it stop >.<

Mar 13 2010, 1:02 am phlemhacker Post #39

Quote from rockz

Win.

I know that everyone dreams when the sleep, but I rarely remember doing it. When I do remember dreaming, I rarely remember that dream outside of 30 seconds of waking up. It's obnoxious because I always feel like it could have been important or somehow pertinent to my interests. Dreams I actually remember for an extended period of time (anywhere from a day to years), come few and far between. Maybe one or two every six months, and even then I don't remember the overall gist of what it was about, just snippets and details.

None.

Mar 13 2010, 7:56 am poison_us Post #40

Back* from the grave

Quote from Fire_Kame
Quote from Devourer

I hate dreams that happen in my bed. I had one more recently where I was trying to convince myself to go to sleep, and if I did then a monster would go away. No frickin joke. I'm 21 for ffs and I'm afraid of monsters under my bed in my dreams. At one point when I 'woke up' and looked, I did see a shadowed figure that was back lit by my cellphone which charges on my bookshelf. The two nights before that I had miserable dreams too...so I almost gave myself insomnia just to make it stop >.<

I tend to like dreams that occur in my bed. The other kind are less fun. I have a slight amount of control, so I always wake up right before I have to change my...wait, I sleep naked.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum