Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Dream. What the hell?
Dream. What the hell?
Mar 10 2010, 11:26 pm
By: Positively
Pages: 1 2 3 >

Mar 10 2010, 11:26 pm Positively Post #1

Alright.. so I've been having a recurring dream lately. Almost always the same thing over and over for the past few days... I guess it's bout a week then.

I'm running through alleys, running from god knows what when I come to this door. It's unlocked and I go in, bolting the door shut behind me. Turning around, I see this symbol everywhere. Then I wake up.

I know that isn't very good... made it on paint :D. Anyways, if anyone can help me with this, I'd be grateful.

None.

Mar 10 2010, 11:35 pm Fire_Kame Post #2

wth is starcraft

The running away/through doors thing is very common. However, the symbol thing...I've only heard of once before. I'd post that on an anonymous picture forum dedicated to the supernatural and see what pops up.

Mar 10 2010, 11:38 pm MadZombie Post #3

I'm on the case.

http://xibalba.datchan.org/x/res/2542.html
These people take anything seriously.

Top of my head: I could of sworn I've seen a symbol like that except in the color gold. Like a ribbon or something. I think it was on a hall mark card or something.

Or a Windows 98 loading icon with the sand glass on it's side.
---

As lame as it is I love taking things like this seriously. Some people like to RP. Some people like to play video games. I like to use my imagination on paranormal things. Anyways...

Could it be that this is the actually the directions that you are traveling in your dream? Maybe you are remember directions to some place and you are replace the area and view of the passage with walls in an alley to show something, not sure what. That its the only way to go? something like that I don't know but if you are running through alleys like in that picture and remembering it as this symbol could point to something you are remembering?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenician_alphabet

Looks kinda like you mix both D + R. Dr.? Time to see a Doctor?

NO. upon further inspection i have concluded that you are spelling the Phoenician alphabet Y and 2 G's

YGG? GYG? GGY?

Post has been edited 5 time(s), last time on Mar 11 2010, 12:08 am by MadZombie.

None.

Mar 11 2010, 12:01 am NudeRaider Post #4

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

I'm pretty sure this is nothing to worry about. Like 15 years ago I had a similar experience with a different object and without that door.
I have yet to identify this object and at first it creeped my out as hell but eventually I got used to it and accepted it as only being a dream.
With time that dream became less frequent until it vanished entirely.

Something the brain comes up with to handle with subconscious fears or something.

Mar 11 2010, 12:05 am Vrael Post #5

You will be visited by three ghosts. The first will show you the past and your cruelty, and you will tremble. The second will show you the hell you have wrought in the present, and you will cower. The third will show you the damnation you have wrought for yourself in the future, and you will repent. This symbol is the symbol of your death and the evil you must battle in order to save your soul...

None.

Mar 11 2010, 12:11 am MadZombie Post #6

WE REQUIRE ADDITIONAL INFO

Also, could be a crude infinity sign.

None.

Mar 11 2010, 12:30 am OlimarandLouie Post #7

Quote from Vrael
You will be visited by three ghosts. The first will show you the past and your cruelty, and you will tremble. The second will show you the hell you have wrought in the present, and you will cower. The third will show you the damnation you have wrought for yourself in the future, and you will repent. This symbol is the symbol of your death and the evil you must battle in order to save your soul...
AKA Silent Hill.

None.

Mar 11 2010, 12:35 am Fire_Kame Post #8

wth is starcraft

Quote from OlimarandLouie
Quote from Vrael
AKA Silent Hill.

OH FFS

Mar 11 2010, 12:39 am MadZombie Post #9

If you have an iPhone you could consider using Google Goggles and taking a picture of it. Could be helpful. Other than that I've never seen that particular symbol before. Your subconscious/astral form is probably telling you the symbol is significant (hence it being everywhere), so it's actually pretty important that you figure it out.

None.

Mar 11 2010, 1:07 am Super Duper Post #10

Quote from Vrael
<3
+1'd.
I dont know what the symbol is, but it seems familiar.

None.

Mar 11 2010, 1:15 am EzTerix Post #11

I found this lingering in my favorites. They talk about dreams....and lots about WILD (attaining lucidity in dreams).

But anyway It's pretty interesting if you want to learn more about dreams, how to be lucid in dreams, and various other stuff.

http://www.dreamviews.com/community/index.php

None.

Mar 11 2010, 1:20 am Super Duper Post #12

Actually, I find this mentally difficult, but I do it all the time.
Whenever I have a dream, sometimes I can alter the dream to my liking. One time, I was having a nightmare around the age of 15 and I altered the nightmare into a happy kind of dream. I still do that to this date.
Before 15, I could wake up on command. It was freaky.
If it really gets this bad, try to wake up. I talked to a lot of people, not many can alter their dreams. Sometimes, you have the power to say inside your dream "Okay, this is a dream. Open your eyelids" and you are awake.

I cannot explain how to do this, obviously. But for me, once I understand "Okay, this is a dream", I suddenly have complete control of what happens.

EDIT: In fact, I can let the dream take its own course while still understanding what happens. So, if I was curious, I would create a person in the dream, ask the person "What is this symbol?" and let the dream take its course. I know this sounds like complete and utter bullshit, but I have power over my dreams.
Sometimes when I do big stuff like that I get a headache though.

None.

Mar 11 2010, 1:25 am OlimarandLouie Post #13

Ciara, I want to live in your head, so I can dream like that. All I dream about nowadays is a repeat of what I did two days before.

None.

Mar 11 2010, 1:28 am Super Duper Post #14

Im dead serious, I can do that stuff.
inb4 "Stfu, you LIAR!"

None.

Mar 11 2010, 1:29 am EzTerix Post #15

Quote from name:Ciara
Actually, I find this mentally difficult, but I do it all the time.
Whenever I have a dream, sometimes I can alter the dream to my liking. One time, I was having a nightmare around the age of 15 and I altered the nightmare into a happy kind of dream. I still do that to this date.
Before 15, I could wake up on command. It was freaky.
If it really gets this bad, try to wake up. I talked to a lot of people, not many can alter their dreams. Sometimes, you have the power to say inside your dream "Okay, this is a dream. Open your eyelids" and you are awake.

I cannot explain how to do this, obviously. But for me, once I understand "Okay, this is a dream", I suddenly have complete control of what happens.

EDIT: In fact, I can let the dream take its own course while still understanding what happens. So, if I was curious, I would create a person in the dream, ask the person "What is this symbol?" and let the dream take its course. I know this sounds like complete and utter bullshit, but I have power over my dreams.
Sometimes when I do big stuff like that I get a headache though.

Yeah Dreamviews goal is to help people who have a hard time reaching lucidity in dreams. I myself have never really had a full on lucid dream but I think it's so awesome you can have such control over your dreams =)

In the forum they talk about a variety of techniques about how to attain lucidity but yeah interesting and I'm glad you can have the lucid dreams ^_^

None.

Mar 11 2010, 1:42 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #16

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from name:Ciara
Im dead serious, I can do that stuff.
inb4 "Stfu, you LIAR!"
On a similar note, I can tell the difference between reality and a dream because of an emptiness or flatness that is apparent ... It's like watching TV or listening to music in Mono instead of Stereo. It's a bit more than that, but that's the best way I can think to describe it.
I can wake up on demand, but I don't usually think to since I tend to ignore my dreams.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Mar 11 2010, 1:54 am Jack Post #17

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from Fire_Kame
Quote from OlimarandLouie
Quote from Vrael
AKA Silent Hill.

OH FFS
Agreed. Someone needs to read more classic literature.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Mar 11 2010, 1:55 am MadZombie Post #18

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
[quote=name:Ciara]Im dead serious, I can do that stuff.

I can only do that when it's a wet dream, and that was when i was 14 and such. Instead of being in control of your dreams is their a way to actually HAVE a dream that night? I haven't had a dream in a while. I miss them. Do people train themselves in actually having dreams?

None.

Mar 11 2010, 2:01 am Positively Post #19

Alright thanks guys, I'll look up those sites :).

None.

Mar 11 2010, 2:23 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #20

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from MadZombie
Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
[quote=name:Ciara]Im dead serious, I can do that stuff.

I can only do that when it's a wet dream, and that was when i was 14 and such. Instead of being in control of your dreams is their a way to actually HAVE a dream that night? I haven't had a dream in a while. I miss them. Do people train themselves in actually having dreams?
Get better/deeper/more relaxing sleep, I guess. ;o

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Options
Pages: 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum