Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Your OCD habits
Your OCD habits
Nov 1 2009, 11:19 am
By: Forsaken Archer
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 56 >

Nov 1 2009, 11:54 pm Vrael Post #41

Well, when I write, if something is underlined green, blue, or red, I have to fix it right there and then. Have to. I can't write the next sentence (or word, as the case may be) unless the marks go away.
You know you can disable this in MS Word right?

None.

Nov 2 2009, 12:56 am Kaias Post #42

It's funny to see some of this I used to have but no longer do:
Quote from lil-Inferno
  • When I'm walking on a sidewalk, I limit myself to two steps per square. I don't go extreme and go back to do it again if I did more than two steps, though.
Quote from Doodan
Also, when walking on a tile floor, I MUST walk the knight chess piece pattern on the squares

As for current ones:
  • I must have all the doors closed in the room I'm in; I hate open doors
  • Positioning in a room- I always sit or stand where I can see everything in the room and keep everything in front of me. I hate for things to be behind me.
  • It kills me to hear grammatical errors and people omitting the 'r' in library, February, or surprise when speaking.
  • "You're", to me, shouldn't sound like "your", but rather 'you' 'er' phonetically combined.

None.

Nov 2 2009, 1:12 am CaptainWill Post #43

I don't think I have any habits which could be classed as even close to OCD.

I am an undisciplined person in general and generally very easy-going. Obviously there are things I like and dislike but I don't obsess over them. About the only thing which I am quite strict about is grammar. Bad spelling, especially on signs, makes me mad, as well as any grammatical errors. I also have a habit of noticing every single split infinitive in a piece of writing - they stand out to me like flashing red signs.

None.

Nov 2 2009, 1:12 am Riney Post #44

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from lil-Inferno
  • Every time I go into a bathroom I wash my hands even if I didn't pee-pee or doo-doo.
  • When I do something to the left or right side of my body (scratching an itch or otherwise) I have to do the same to the other side.
  • When I'm walking on a sidewalk, I limit myself to two steps per square. I don't go extreme and go back to do it again if I did more than two steps, though.
  • When adjusting the volume on something, it needs to be a multiple of 5 for me. If it isn't, I get bugged and it drives me to insanity.

Just some I remembered off the top of my head. I probably have a lot more than this.

I TOO have these OCD issues

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Nov 2 2009, 5:21 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #45

👻 👾 👽 💪

I sort dollar bills and keep them flat and all aligned the same way. I also do this with cards (have fun shuffling a deck of cards after I was holding it while bored. :P)
I stack coins in order of size (largest on the bottom) when they are in my hands (and I usually have my hands in my pocket.. so if I have a pocket full of change I'll be sorting it inside my pocket.)

Every icon on my desktop must remain in the exact same place, else I will start cursing and get very frustrated (which, if you know me personally, is not something that happens frequently). Certain icons (not all of them...) in folders must remain in the exact same place else I'll get lost and confused when I end up in some random folder (I don't look when I click frequent icons :P).

I probably have more, these are just the first ones that come to mind. ;o

I always carry heavier grocery bags or suitcases with my left hand. I'm right handed, so my right hand/arm get most of the jobs. This is a way, in my mind, for them to stay balanced.
I've noticed recently that I tend to do this... I don't specifically do this, my left hand is just what I immediately use to grab things with. I also eat and type with my left hand (which is very annoying... I'll start eating something greasy and then someone wants to talk on MSN and I'll have to hunt and peck with my right hand).

Items in my pockets must balance... However, my phone must always be in my right pocket. Everything else will change pockets in order to preserve the balance. I give items that go in my pockets an implied value based on weight and size used to create this balance. Usually I have my keys and phone in my right pocket while my wallet is in my left pocket. If I have my ipod, ipod and headphones go in my left pocket while keys, wallet, and phone go in my right pocket.

"lol" is always lowercase, unless emphasized in which case it will be "LOL". Never "Lol", "LoL", or any other variation. "lol" does not require a period, unless it changes the implied meaning and/or the way it reads. My phone will automatically capitalize the first word after a period (or at the start of the text message), I will specifically make "lol" lowercase. Also I refuse to put "u", "r", "gtg", etc. (except for wtf lol) in a text message. I like to use as close to proper grammar as I can (sometimes I have to cheat a little so I can send one fewer message... because doing it this way gets lengthy. xD)

Floor tiles are fun. :D Usually I can only step on adjacent tiles, tiles in the same row/column, or other variations depending on the tile patterns.

When putting my contacts in or taking my contacts out, I must ALWAYS first do my left eye then my right eye. The only exception is if I am wearing my contacts and my right eye starts hurting so I have to take it out to clean or re-insert it.

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Nov 2 2009, 5:38 am by FaRTy1billion.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Nov 2 2009, 5:42 am RIVE Post #46

Just Here For The Pie

Quote from Corbo
Opening the door to my closet doesn't make the room look bigger in anyway.

I guess so. You have got a lot of clothes sticking out of your closet.

None.

Nov 2 2009, 6:25 am Phobos Post #47

Are you sure about that?

-The first letter of every word in the name of a song must be capitalized
-The name of the song MUST follow this format: [track number] - [band name] - [song title]
-Every song must have album artwork
-If floor tiles have diferent colors, I skip a certain color most of the time.
-If I am walking on the street, max of 1 step per square if possible and/or every step must be performed on the divition of every tile
-MSN must be open if I am using the computer
-Either a lot or nothing when it comes to food. Complete pizza or gtfo. Complete pizza slice or gtfo.
-Hands must be washed all the time. Touched money? Hand wash. Touched someone else? Hand wash. Went outside? Hand wash
-Similar to previous, I avoid touching anything in a bus to prevent making my hands dirty
-When I go to the bathroom to pee, I try hard not to touch my penis.Yes, I manage to urinate without my hands just to keep them clean
-If my headphones are able to manage their own volume, then iPod must be the one on full volume while headphones are the ones actually regulating it, never the other way around
-Sandwich borders go first, always.
-Must not click only once. If I am about to enter a folder, then I must double click it
-Heavier grocery goes in my left hand, which is most of the time a pain, since keys are always inside my left pocket
-As stated above, keys must always be inside my left pocket
-Money is most frequently inside my right pocket, but never my left pocket, unless I need to sort an ammount of money that does not belong to me, then I shall store such money in my left pocket, while keeping mine in my right pocket
-No apostrophes, as odd as most of my statements might sound without them
-Despise for lack of capitalization in the beggining of every sentence and/or simple words such as "I", usually followed by correction when possible (shocough)
-Cellphone text messages must be as complete as possible, disregard the length. This implies correct grammar, spelling and even smileys just to represent my current emotions
-Make my best effort to remember nightmares and creepy dreams. I dreamed with CP one of these days, which is odd, since I have never seen CP in my life
-When it comes to cyphers, they must always be even or multiples or 5, extra points if they are multiples of 10
-Always finish food even when I am full
-Bite my lips. I just cannot help it

this is signature

Nov 2 2009, 7:35 am Sand Wraith Post #48

she/her

• iPod Touch in right pocket.
  • Wallet in right pocket.
  • Keys clipped on to by belt or the belt loops or the strange, little, pocket that appears on some of my pants.
  • Good numbers are: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 16, 23, 25, 29, 31, are certain fractions such as 1/3, 1/4, 1/5, 1/10.
  • TXT-SPK sh*t MUST MUST MUST MUST NEVER EVER be used in a sentence, except in humorous situations. They can only be used as exclamations or a string of exclamations.
  • PS3 controller goes on top of the PS3.
  • Knobs, dials, etc. must be turned so that they represent certain fractions.
  • Censor swear words. E.g. SUCK MY HUGE, GIANT, F*CKING, LOLLYPOP.
  • "Penisface" is a conjugated word.
  • "Faggot" is always used as a metaphor, e.g. You are a faggot, as in you are a symbol for whatever induces something.
  • If things screw up, it has to either be redone completely or taken off the record.
  • When using a USB port, the "passive" item goes in the bottom port, i.e. things that aren't frequently engaged and disengaged.
  • "Hell" must have its "H" capitalized.
  • It has to be 0 or 1; black or white; all or nothing.
  • Anything that is not perfect is abnormal. Anything abnormal is failure. Perfection is normality. Nothing is normal. Thus, perfection lies in nothingness. Get perfect, or get lost.
  • Music: Artist -> Album -> Files.
  • When recording what must be done for homework, several rules apply. Questions of a page(s) are in parentheses followed by the page(s). Questions are divided and grouped by commas and dashes. Different page(s) are divided by positive symbols. Question-parts (such as "a)") follow the question number in brackets. E.g. (1-3[a)-c)], 5)p84 + (2, 4, 13)p85 + (9[a)], 11)p90-92.
  • When something is started, it must finish. If it doesn't, it is axed completely until a later time when I can finish it.
  • I must always carry some form of time-keeping device with me, be it a watch or iPod. Watches go on the left wrist.
  • Steps are divided up amongst the tiles evenly.
  • Captitalization and punctuation must both be present and correctly used when they are used at all.
  • Try our best in spelling and grammar.
  • Use first-person plural often.
  • The desktop must be strictly organized into rows and columns. Each separate subject matter has its own row.
  • The first paragraph is not indented.
  • The bookmark must be placed at a good position. "Good" can be at the end of a paragraph, a section, chapter, etc.
  • Random numbers must be chosen for their aesthetic appeal or importance.
  • In my backpack, my personal binder is always closest to my back. Also, binders must alternate openings so that the end product is flat without a great slope.
  • Sit down to piss.
  • Written text is written in hand writing/cursive. However, in mathematical notation (or variable names, etc.), printed letters are acceptable.
  • "Like" is never to be used imporperly.
  • Personal time-keeping devices are to be set 20 minutes ahead.
  • I like to stack things, largest at the bottom, smallest at the top.
  • At my school desks, my pencil case and agenda are in the top left-hand corner. The pencil case should be on top of the agenda. If a read-for-pleasure book is on the desk, it is beside the stack or underneatht the pencil case but on top of the agenda.
  • When coding, braces should have their own line, but not indented further than their corresponding function/control.

PLAYING "HEROES OF NEWERTH"
  • Marchers or a variation is always in the top left slot.
  • Repeated items should be paired up/adjacent to one another.
  • Homecoming Stones are in the bottom left slot.
  • Health consumables are in the bottom left slot.
  • Mana consumables are in the bottom middle slot.
  • 400HP potions are permitted to be placed in the bottom middle slot.
  • Ability items should always be in the top row. Target-ability items have priority in the top row, over instant-activated items.
  • Wards are permitted to be placed in both the bottom left and bottom centre slots.
  • Even if no enemies are around, deny that creep!
  • The Hero is hotkeyed to "1." Couriers to "2."

There might be more.

Nov 2 2009, 8:50 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #49

👻 👾 👽 💪

Since people are putting how they name their music...
My Music\Artist\Album\Artist - Album - disk number - Track Number - Track Title.mp3
Disk number is only there when the song is part of a multi-disk album.
All titles must be formatted so all words are capitalized except for words such as and, of, the, at, etc. unless they are the first word. I avoid ampersands unless the actual song title contains one.

I could really just stick all of my music in one folder and it'd still be organized, but I like to keep them in subfolders so they are separate.

For coding...
Indented lines should only be indented one more space than the previous line. Never more. (non-braced switch cases bug me, but I use them like that anyway. ;o)
Opening braces must be on the same line as the statement. Such as if(a != 0){
Spaces between an if, for, switch, etc. and the parenthesis are ugly and always removed.
If I decide to split something up over several lines (such as a string), the opening parentheses or quotes must line up.

Code
char str[] = "This is some text.\n"
             "This is more text.";

void doSomething(){
 if(stuff==moreStuff){
  // Do things
 }
}

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Nov 2 2009, 8:59 am by FaRTy1billion.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Nov 2 2009, 10:19 am FlashBeer Post #50

Other OCD traits I read here that I have are:
wallet is organized from $1's to $100's (If I'm in a rush, I stuff the money into my pocket, and sort it later)
Toilet paper goes over. Not under.
Every time I go into a bathroom I wash my hands even if I didn't pee-pee or doo-doo.
When I do something to the left or right side of my body, I have to do the same to the other side. (except it's touching certain things for me, like cold objects)
When I'm walking on a sidewalk, I limit myself to two steps per square. (for me it's a slightly different system, If I step on a crack/line with one foot, I change the pacing of my step so that the other foot will touch the crack in the same spot, same with dotted road dividers) I don't go extreme and go back to do it again if I did more than two steps, though.
When eating Pizza I always bite around pepperonis until I can bite them off intact. (I used to always do this)
When eating, I must have even amounts of the food on both sides of my mouth.
Closet door MUST ALWAYS be closed SPECIALLY when I am going to bed. Only must be open if I am picking up clothes. (window shutters used to always be closed before sleeping)
Every icon on my desktop must remain in the exact same place
Sandwich borders go first (if it's sliced bread like white or wheat)

When starting up my own computer, I have to immediately open firefox (I refuse to put it into my start up), check yahoo mail, check gmail, check YouTube, then check SEN. I frequently check these periodically. (It's at the point of compulsion, if I am checking SEN too long, like half an hour, then I need to check my mail again)
When I use napkins, I try really hard not to re-use a spot, starting from a corner, working my way to unused spots.
I have to intensively prepare (make perfect) for special occasions (semi-picked at random) for example, when I went on a cruise when I was 12 or so, I ironed every dollar bill I had... then folded them in half and ironed them again... then put the newly ironed bill over another folded one of same value... and ironed the whole stack (that may have been the second and last time I ironed money)
I constantly bite the skin around my nails ( :/ and I wish I didn't)

I used to be ump-tillion times more OCD, I hardly got any work done because everything had to be perfect, and I would keep redoing and redoing until it was (I was like Adrian Monk, lol) I have gotten over a lot of my OCD, and the compulsions are much less strong (besides a few things) and are progressively getting better. I have gotten to where I can shake hands w/o having to wash them, hooray.

I would say stuff like 'I extremely prefer cool drinks' is OCD, that just becomes a preference. I also find that some of these traits are more pet-peeves than OCD. Also, some things like 'keys in the left pocket' are mainly a way of organizing and make things easier to remember, I wouldn't classify that as a compulsion either. Also, also, processes such as brushing teeth in the morning, are more of a procedure than a compulsion. If you are doing something just because you've always done it, is different than doing something out of compulsion.

None.

Nov 2 2009, 11:58 am Riney Post #51

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from name:New-.Hydrolisk
  • Sit down to piss.

Dunno if that one is OCD :hurr:

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Nov 2 2009, 12:49 pm Hug A Zergling Post #52

Quote from name:Dark_Marine
  • Sit down to piss.

Dunno if that one is OCD :hurr:
A lot of things on his list arn't OCD. That one's just...weird.

I kneel down to piss, as not to splash out the bowl.

None.

Nov 2 2009, 1:44 pm Symmetry Post #53

Dungeon Master

Quote from Hug A Zergling

LOL

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Nov 2 2009, 2:41 pm Norm Post #54

• Sit down to piss.

Lol, what?

Quote from Hug A Zergling

LOL WHAT!?!?!

None.

Nov 2 2009, 4:13 pm The Starport Post #55

I piss at a sharp angle against the porcelain to redirect the urine stream's vector along the toilet's concave inner surface, thus dispersing its flow and diminishing its momentum before it impacts the toilet water. A great way to minimize splashage and audible noise, if done correctly.

One of the perks of having a penis.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 2 2009, 4:20 pm by Tuxedo-Templar.

None.

Nov 2 2009, 4:23 pm Ashamed Post #56

Hear me Raor!!

Quote from name:Tuxedo-Templar
I piss at a sharp angle against the porcelain to redirect the urine stream's vector along the toilet's concave inner surface, thus dispersing its flow and diminishing its momentum before it impacts the toilet water. A great way to minimize splashage and audible noise, if done correctly.

that is so weird because I do that too... It also makes it so there is no sound!

None.

Nov 2 2009, 5:35 pm Riney Post #57

Thigh high affectionado

Now that I can admit to doing, when trying not to wake anyone in the house cause they sleep in the fucking living room :hurr:

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Nov 2 2009, 5:41 pm Ashamed Post #58

Hear me Raor!!

YAh at night I always do it!

None.

Nov 2 2009, 10:00 pm Hug A Zergling Post #59

That's...a much better technique then what I'm doing.

None.

Nov 2 2009, 10:12 pm Norm Post #60

Quote from Ashamed

that is so weird because I do that too... It also makes it so there is no sound!

I too, utilize this technique.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 56 >
  Back to forum