Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Your OCD habits
Your OCD habits
Nov 1 2009, 11:19 am
By: Forsaken Archer
Pages: 1 2 36 >

Nov 1 2009, 11:19 am Forsaken Archer Post #1

Out of 182 albums, 310 songs, one song refuses to accept it's cover art despite another song on the same album shows it. I spent so much time attempting to fix such a pointless, meaningless issue (and itunes even shows it right!).

What are your OCD habits?

None.

Nov 1 2009, 11:56 am MadZombie Post #2

I always like to close open doors, and lock them too as long as I'm not the only one in the area.

None.

Nov 1 2009, 2:41 pm Centreri Post #3

Relatively ancient and inactive

I used to have an OCD habit of repeatedly checking my door before going to bed (opening, closing, opening, closing, what if something went wrong that time?), and I had the habit of locking every door to our house at night (there are like four), but I think I'm OCD free now.

None.

Nov 1 2009, 2:46 pm darksnow Post #4

i have this wierd obsession with numbers in multiples of 5. when i turn the volume up or down, it always has to be in groups of five. if i buy chips or chocolate, always 5. no idea why, just happens

None.

Nov 1 2009, 2:52 pm Lingie Post #5

Whenever I put money into my wallet, it goes from front to back as follows:
$1s
$5s
$10s
$20s
$100s.

No other way flys with me. It just doesn't.

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Nov 1 2009, 3:08 pm Moose Post #6

We live in a society.

Toilet paper goes over. Not under.

Yes, I have changed it in other people's houses, if you were wondering.

Nov 1 2009, 3:11 pm DevliN Post #7

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from darksnow
i have this wierd obsession with numbers in multiples of 5. when i turn the volume up or down, it always has to be in groups of five.s
I'm the exact same way.

I have a lot of weird OCD kinks, I just can't remember any other ones at the moment.

And I'm with on the the toilet paper thing, though I've never changed it at someone else's house.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Nov 1 2009, 3:35 pm Lingie Post #8

Quote from DevliN
Quote from darksnow
i have this wierd obsession with numbers in multiples of 5. when i turn the volume up or down, it always has to be in groups of five.s
I'm the exact same way.

Me too. For some reason, I think 5s and 10s are perfect numbers.

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Nov 1 2009, 3:38 pm Moose Post #9

We live in a society.

I think it might be the product of frequently using a base-10 number system.

Nov 1 2009, 5:57 pm lil-Inferno Post #10

Just here for the pie

• Every time I go into a bathroom I wash my hands even if I didn't pee-pee or doo-doo.
  • When I do something to the left or right side of my body (scratching an itch or otherwise) I have to do the same to the other side.
  • When I'm walking on a sidewalk, I limit myself to two steps per square. I don't go extreme and go back to do it again if I did more than two steps, though.
  • When adjusting the volume on something, it needs to be a multiple of 5 for me. If it isn't, I get bugged and it drives me to insanity.

Just some I remembered off the top of my head. I probably have a lot more than this.

Nov 1 2009, 6:11 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #11

Just here for the activity... well not really

Classic OCD:
When eating Skittles, gumdrops, or anything that comes in multiple flavors, I need to save one of each flavor.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Nov 1 2009, 6:15 pm Corbo Post #12

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

If no one's in a room, I MUST turn off that light!
It's weird because my father, the first thing he does, is turn on ALL the lights of rooms he enters and then leaves them on. And sometimes he just passes, doesn't even stay in that room geez -.-
If I am on someone else's house I ask them if they wish me to turn off that light. Some people, that already know me well, notice that I am being distracted because of that unused light and are like "Fine, go turn off that light".

Closet door MUST ALWAYS be closed SPECIALLY when I am going to bed. Only must be open if I am picking up clothes. I hate it that my mother also has clothes in there and she ALWAYS leaves it open I always yell at her when she leaves the room to come back and close it.

fuck you all

Nov 1 2009, 6:15 pm EzDay281 Post #13

... Well, I spent over an hour detailing various obsessive-compulsive quirks of mine (why does everyone add the 'disorder'?), but accidentally refreshed this tab and lost my post. Fuck.
Suffice it to say that I have a lot of them.

None.

Nov 1 2009, 6:27 pm Excalibur Post #14

The sword and the faith

I must always have 2 hotdogs. Never one. Even if I'm not going to eat the second one, or if I want more, ect.

My music must always be of above average quality. Anything below 256kbps, even when VBR, is unacceptable and I will scour every corner of the net until I find a higher quality version of what I'm looking for. For this reason I also can't stand early recordings/demos/rough cuts and the like, and some bands who have older material, even if its good, I can't stomach to listen to because of how shitty it sounds in comparison.

When I eat a cereal with easily identifiable pieces, I must always fill the spoon, and when this becomes more difficult the number of pieces must be an even number.

When I map, all locations must be properly named with no spelling errors and explain their function. Same with comments.

Edit:
My messenger must always correctly reflect my status. If I am there, I'm online, if away, away, and if asleep, signed off. I cannot stand people who stay away while talking to me or remain online while they sleep.

Playlists must always be shuffled. I don't like knowing what's coming on next.

Recycle bin must always be empty.

I refuse to walk across hard surfaces, even indoors, without shoes.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 1 2009, 6:57 pm by Excalibur.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Nov 1 2009, 6:33 pm Norm Post #15

I can only listen to my car stereo at 27, 35, 39, or 44. Any other amount of volume bothers me.

None.

Nov 1 2009, 6:43 pm InsolubleFluff Post #16

I don't do anything remotely like that. I used to, but not anymore. Toilet paper over not under is about it.

The only real ones that annoy me to no end are:

Your and You're
There, Their and They're
Two, Too and To
Then and Than

None.

Nov 1 2009, 6:59 pm AngerIsAGift Post #17

When I put two slices of leftover pizza in the microwave I always set the time to 39 seconds.
When eating Pizza I always bite around pepperonis until I can bite them off intact.
Excalibur reminded me of when I eat cereal depending on the size of the cereal bites I always put a specific number of pieces on to the spoon with every bite, sometimes I lose a piece and don't really care though.
I always look at both sides of a chip to see which side has more spices, salt, etc... on it. I think I just want my tongue to be happy.
In relevance to the above I like to remove whatever I got on my fingers from food with my mouth before using a napkin. NAPKINS ARE FOR MY SALIVA NOT MY FOOD.
I could go on but these are just quirks and I have trouble remembering more.

None.

Nov 1 2009, 7:01 pm Doodan Post #18

Quote from lil-Inferno
  • Every time I go into a bathroom I wash my hands even if I didn't pee-pee or doo-doo.
  • When I do something to the left or right side of my body (scratching an itch or otherwise) I have to do the same to the other side.
  • When I'm walking on a sidewalk, I limit myself to two steps per square. I don't go extreme and go back to do it again if I did more than two steps, though.
  • When adjusting the volume on something, it needs to be a multiple of 5 for me. If it isn't, I get bugged and it drives me to insanity.

These all apply to me. Also, when walking on a tile floor, I MUST walk the knight chess piece pattern on the squares.

When eating, I must have even amounts of the food on both sides of my mouth (if I'm eating grapes or skittles, I'll always eat 2, 4, or 6 so that I can have even numbers on each side).

I always carry heavier grocery bags or suitcases with my left hand. I'm right handed, so my right hand/arm get most of the jobs. This is a way, in my mind, for them to stay balanced. :P

I eat pizza slices in order of the best looking to the worst.

I very, very strongly prefer that drinks be chilled when I drink them.

I have a lot more, but I can't write them at the moment...

None.

Nov 1 2009, 7:03 pm Falkoner Post #19

People not capitalizing names. It srsly makes me mad, like devilesk should be Devilesk, or like if they do falkoner instead of Falkoner, it makes my eyes turn red.

Also, when people finish off the toilet paper roll, get out a new one, but just leave it on the counter instead of putting it on the spinning rack. Also makes me mad.

None.

Nov 1 2009, 7:18 pm Rantent Post #20

Every time I go down a flight of stairs I count up in binary using the stairs.
So the first time down, I walk on every step, next time I skip the bottom step, third time I skip the second step, fourth time I skip the bottom two steps, ect.

I have walked on 26 sidewalk cracks, not including ones which are cement to metal, in the last four years.

Every sandwich I make must have some new combination of ingredients.

Wallet is always in the left pocket, ipod in the right.

None.

Options
Pages: 1 2 36 >
  Back to forum