Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Jewel of Saviour RPG
Jewel of Saviour RPG
Oct 14 2007, 1:49 am
By: E-ffect  

Oct 14 2007, 1:49 am E-ffect Post #1

NOTE: THIS MAP IS NOT COMPLETE IT IS IN BETA THIS IS A SMALL DEMO I HAVE FOR PEOPLE TO SEE WHAT IS UP AND COMMING. LOTS TO ADD STILL

Map is unprotected so go ahead and check in editor just dont steal its (TM) :D
http://www.mediafire.com/?6jemm9fzwmm

None.

Oct 14 2007, 1:50 am Aoe325 Post #2

Maybe you could tell us a bit more about it and about what you plan to do in it

None.

Oct 14 2007, 4:25 am Hugel Post #3

This demo was nice. I died once before I realized there were multiple strength enemies, but I beat it easily the second time through. I was sad when it ended. The shield you put in is very powerful and very nice. Once i received it I did not take a single point of damage. I know enemies will get tougher than lings though.

One thing I noticed that effected me: When I went to the upgrade center, the location is so small that I actually went past it and was able to exit out the back side of the location, which effectly kicked me out of the upgrade center right away. Perhaps extend it so you can stand by either the building or the person in front of it? Only other things I noticed were the lack of capital letters in places and when you go to the item shop, the minimap ping is at the upgrade center instead, although the center view works.

The church was a surprise that I could enter it, I found it by accident. I like the effect in there, although there were no story updates, curious what will be there.

Keep up the good work, this looks like it should be a good one. It will be multiplayer as well?

Hugel

None.

Oct 14 2007, 4:28 am Roy Post #4

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Hmm... This should really be in the "Map Production" section, unless you have a question you need to be answered...

Edit: Oh damn, I thought I hit the Map assistance button. My bad...

Oct 15 2007, 2:50 am E-ffect Post #5

Quote from Hugel
This demo was nice. I died once before I realized there were multiple strength enemies, but I beat it easily the second time through. I was sad when it ended. The shield you put in is very powerful and very nice. Once i received it I did not take a single point of damage. I know enemies will get tougher than lings though.

One thing I noticed that effected me: When I went to the upgrade center, the location is so small that I actually went past it and was able to exit out the back side of the location, which effectly kicked me out of the upgrade center right away. Perhaps extend it so you can stand by either the building or the person in front of it? Only other things I noticed were the lack of capital letters in places and when you go to the item shop, the minimap ping is at the upgrade center instead, although the center view works.

The church was a surprise that I could enter it, I found it by accident. I like the effect in there, although there were no story updates, curious what will be there.

Keep up the good work, this looks like it should be a good one. It will be multiplayer as well?

Hugel

what exactly do you mean?

do you mean that if you go behind him it'll glitch up? cause I was thinking about just adding a DT Wall preventing any further walking around shops.

I made the location small so that you have to walk to the civilian since he is the shop keeper to enter upgrades then when your done upgrading you go back to your hero and walk away from him and it'll do a leaving text.

Yeah my texts right now are still in beta i just gotta run through them all when map is finished and capitilize and make sentences and so on.

No this is a 1 Player RPG.

I'll leave a new beta within the next 7 days.

None.

Oct 15 2007, 4:16 am Hugel Post #6

I kept clicking right next to the building to enter the upgrade center, but then realized I had to click near the npc. Minor problem, but I would enter the upgrade center, it would center my view, and then it would center my view again on my hero, because my hero was no longer in the location.

Hugel

None.

Oct 15 2007, 5:49 am E-ffect Post #7

yeah that is fixed now but from now on just click by the npc. :D

None.

Oct 15 2007, 12:25 pm JaFF Post #8

Tip: Don't use the 'move to' order to hold your shuttles at place, use the 'move unit' command instead.

Map looks very good. Good luck. :)

None.

Oct 15 2007, 9:38 pm E-ffect Post #9

Thanks JaFF.

New version is up v0.21b enjoy.

None.

Options
  Back to forum