Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: If you became a world dictator...
If you became a world dictator...
Jul 12 2009, 6:07 pm
By: Centreri
Pages: < 1 2 3 45 >

Jul 13 2009, 1:27 am Vi3t-X Post #21

Wait. If we became world dictators, wouldn't the whole storyline of StarCraft begin?

None.

Jul 13 2009, 1:29 am EzDay281 Post #22

I would let Centreri take my place just to laugh at you all. :D

Hm... more seriously...
Probably take several months to figure out what I need to do. Yep.

None.

Jul 13 2009, 1:33 am Moose Post #23

We live in a society.

Quote from name:Ultimo
Why should you get to decide who lives and who dies?
Because he's the hypothetical world dictator. That's the point of the topic. :P

Jul 13 2009, 1:39 am KrayZee Post #24

Ultimo, Centreri is clearly another Hitler. :wtfage:

2% is a lot in one year (That's enough to wipe many countries off the map), especially if its every year.

None.

Jul 13 2009, 1:48 am Doodan Post #25

Hoard the hot women.

None.

Jul 13 2009, 1:49 am Centreri Post #26

Relatively ancient and inactive

No offense Centreri, but you're ideas are stupid. Who are you to decide who can survive and what aspects of life are important? Are you even intelligent enough to determine a way to figure out who's stupid and who's not? Hint: Standardized testing isn't going to work. Your world would turn into a bunch of power hungry nerds killing eachother and hating their leader.
Think. There's a reason I left it open - because I know I'm not smart enough to figure out a way to test that (not yet, as I haven't taken classes on it, and probably won't). And yes, intelligence can be measured, for the most part, with standardized testing. Believing otherwise simply makes you wrong. Its just a matter of creating a comprehensive enough test. You know, dictator doesn't mean you're the sole person of the government - just that you have total control over the government.

p.s. English, German, Swedish, Italian, Japanese languages are all better than Russian. GTFO.
OMG UR RITE IMMA LEAV NAO.

This is where you lost me. Seriously, you're going to purge people intelligence wise? I think that's just a bit..ugh, I don't even know what to say to that. It sounds like you're playing the role of God or some divine being which is just wrong. Why should you get to decide who lives and who dies? Like seriously, all you're doing is encouraging an elitist society where only the smartest deserve to live. While that may sound like a good idea, I think it's unfair how you don't give those people in the bottom 2% a chance to live. So what if they're not brought up with an education? What if they can't afford one? Like seriously, you're so eager to take lives but you can't give back a life. This would be like medieval times all over again, next you will be telling be you want the bottom 49% to be our slaves.
Here's what I see happening: The Earths' population is increasing by 1.3% annually, a large portion of those live in poverty. The earth is heating up because of massive industrialization of non-Western countries, food prices are going up, energy prices are going up, thousands of species are going extinct (the latter isn't a gigantic tragedy, but still). My path leads to a smaller world population, a slow revival of the earth, slowing in the draining of the resources, increase in biodiversity, very fast human evolution, and very fast scientific development in certain fields.

Additionally, a comprehensive intelligence test would take into account education standards, would it not?

...what. So we should just kill steven hawking right now because he's paralyzed, amirite? Like seriously, you must want some sort of utopia or something.
Yes, we do. Yes, I do.

If you're kidding, shame on you.
I wouldn't be able to go through with it (morals and all), but this is the clearest way I see to speed up humanity's evolution to achieve the most it can in the shortest amount of time. Thats pretty much my idea here - to make humanity as powerful as it can be in the shortest amount of time, while keeping everyone equal. Also, keep in mind that if we try to even out the wealth, you people will become poorer, because your products are created by people for far less. If they get more, you get less.

Probably take several months to figure out what I need to do. Yep.
Rough sketch? :P

2% is a lot in one year (That's enough to wipe many countries off the map), especially if its every year.
As I mentioned, the Earths' population grows by 1.3% in a year. My 'huge' 2% is a .7% population decrease per year.

I'm shocked that this strand of eugenics has more people objecting than IP's 'Kill off Africa'. You people are weird.

None.

Jul 13 2009, 1:49 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #27

👻 👾 👽 💪

I'd probably resign and leave the world to chaos. That sounds fun.

Actually ... I could use the opportunity to open scientific and medical research. ... I could conduct sociological experiments! :D Isolate some communities, change a few variables, and let them run their course.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jul 13 2009, 1:54 am KrayZee Post #28

Quote from Centreri
As I mentioned, the Earths' population grows by 1.3% in a year. My 'huge' 2% is a .7% population decrease per year.

I'm shocked that this strand of eugenics has more people objecting than IP's 'Kill off Africa'. You people are weird.
You made the topic, that's why we're replying to yours. :P

And besides, 1% of today's population is over 6 times compared to the amount Hitler killed in World War 2 all together.

None.

Jul 13 2009, 2:03 am Centreri Post #29

And besides, 1% of today's population is over 6 times compared to the amount Hitler killed in World War 2 all together.
Except that Hitler was killing people smarter than him - Soviets. See, I'll be killing people stupider than me. It makes it all better.

None.

Jul 13 2009, 2:08 am EzDay281 Post #30

Actually ... I could use the opportunity to open scientific and medical research. ... I could conduct sociological experiments! :D Isolate some communities, change a few variables, and let them run their course.
Hell yes.
Er. Not if you're also enforcing child-count laws (whatever the common term for that might be). And the problem is more that they're having to be killed, rather than that it's a population reduction, I should imagine.

None.

Jul 13 2009, 2:17 am Centreri Post #31

Er. Not if you're also enforcing child-count laws (whatever the common term for that might be). And the problem is more that they're having to be killed, rather than that it's a population reduction, I should imagine.
Child-count is humane population reduction. And don't worry, the method of death will be perfectly painless.

None.

Jul 13 2009, 2:17 am KrayZee Post #32

Quote from Centreri
Except that Hitler was killing people smarter than him - Soviets. See, I'll be killing people stupider than me. It makes it all better.
Like Norm said, standardized testing wouldn't work and you'd probably kill people who are smart but haven't learned everything. And since that develops fear, forcing people to be smart or they would die will lead them to commit suicide or die anyways due to extreme pressure (If they die next year, or the year after) by the world dictator. Plus, if a couple is forced to have a specific amount and they have unwanted pregnancies eventually leading to more children that would be forced to be killed. 49% of the world population each child from per couple is murdered is greatly far more than the 2% stupid people dying annually. Clearly, population rates decreases very dramatically. Plus wouldn't the "98%+" have stupid children which would bring them to the other %s?

You would be far worse than Hitler, Mao, Stalin, Medieval ages, African Famine, and every cruel event before fall of the Soviet Union combined. :D

None.

Jul 13 2009, 2:31 am Centreri Post #33

Like Norm said, standardized testing wouldn't work and you'd probably kill people who are smart but haven't learned everything. And since that develops fear, forcing people to be smart or they would die will lead them to commit suicide or die anyways due to extreme pressure (If they die next year, or the year after) by the world dictator. Plus, if a couple is forced to have a specific amount and they have unwanted pregnancies eventually leading to more children that would be forced to be killed. 49% of the world population each child from per couple is murdered is greatly far more than the 2% stupid people dying annually. Clearly, population rates decreases very dramatically. Plus wouldn't the "98%+" have stupid children which would bring them to the other %s?

You would be far worse than Hitler, Mao, Stalin, Medieval ages, African Famine, and every cruel event before fall of the Soviet Union combined.
I would kill more people, yet leave a far better world when I pass away. You know, those people would eventually have died anyway.

If my standardized tests are a bit incomprehensive, boo hoo. Those people wouldn't have contributed anything in this world order, and, sad as it is, they won't be contributing in the future. No change. And yes, the 98%+ would have stupid children, and those wouldn't be able to have as many children. If they get downright stupid, they'll be killed. Perfect world order.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 13 2009, 2:37 am by Centreri.

None.

Jul 13 2009, 2:36 am Neki Post #34

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
Quote from name:Ultimo
Why should you get to decide who lives and who dies?
Because he's the hypothetical world dictator. That's the point of the topic. :P
lol well we can at least set up a puppet democracy to be kind to all the smart people. ;) I guess the only thing I don't like is that you're killing people, even if it's painless, it's still a life.

None.

Jul 13 2009, 2:37 am Centreri Post #35

They'd die anyway, remember? :)

I'm letting them get of life with less pain than they would otherwise go through, being as retarded as they are. You know the book about the guy who lost his face and limbs in the war, and communicated how he wanted to die in morse code by pounding his head against his pillow? Think of it like that.

None.

Jul 13 2009, 2:41 am MillenniumArmy Post #36

If I were dictator I'd nuke San Francisco, Hollywood, New York, Mexico, Canada, Russia, Ecuador, Penn State Unversity, Europe, Oklahoma, Arizona, Ohio, Seattle, and whatever the hell I feel like nuking.

Damn I'm so badass

None.

Jul 13 2009, 2:42 am Neki Post #37

Dude, that guy sounds smart, not dumb. communicating in morse code, jeez man. Though I guess if you were in power, I wouldn't mind. I, for one, welcome our new Centreri overlord.

None.

Jul 13 2009, 2:43 am KrayZee Post #38

Quote from Centreri
I would kill more people, yet leave a far better world when I pass away. You know, those people would eventually have died anyway.

If my standardized tests are a bit incomprehensive, boo hoo. Those people wouldn't have contributed anything in this world order, and, sad as it is, they won't be contributing in the future. No change. And yes, the 98%+ would have stupid children, and those wouldn't be able to have as many children. If they get downright stupid, they'll be killed. Perfect world order.
I doubt it, because if that happens, you're already dead. :)

None.

Jul 13 2009, 2:45 am Norm Post #39

Quote from Centreri

Hitler was smarter than you, I can guarentee it. That man was a genius, no matter what your moral viewpoint on his actions are.

None.

Jul 13 2009, 2:46 am Neki Post #40

Yeah, he managed to outsmart Tom Cruise, a Scientologist and secretive IMF operative.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 45 >
  Back to forum