Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Theory and Ideas > Topic: Detecting Keys Pressed (EUDs)
Detecting Keys Pressed (EUDs)
Feb 21 2009, 2:27 am
By: Morphling
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 67 >

May 14 2009, 1:30 am Morphling Post #61

You're welcome. If you need any help feel free to ask.

None.

May 18 2009, 9:59 pm scwizard Post #62

There's no way this could ever become possible for multiplayer. The reason for this is because if it were possible for multiplayer, then it would be possible to make a hack that would tell you what keys your opponent was pressing.

Just like with detecting text, if it were possible for it to work in multiplayer, then one player could see what his opponent was PMing his friends.

None.

May 19 2009, 1:38 am Pigy_G Post #63

Did we ever say it was possible for multiplayer..?

and I think you actually can detect text in multiplayer.

I also think you have no idea what you're talking about.

None.

Jun 6 2009, 11:23 pm Morphling Post #64

I've updated the first post. The attached map, "Eud_Keys.scm" now detects all keys except F1 through F4, pause, and left, right, and middle clicks. Those should work, but just don't seem to be detectable.

None.

Jun 7 2009, 11:43 pm Morphling Post #65

Yet another update. I now have both sets of eud triggers, memory and deaths. I copied all the triggers and changed them into the memory condition so those triggers will work in the text editor.

None.

Jun 8 2009, 10:14 am Ahli Post #66

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

"print" isn't print button (print button has no text output trigger in your new map).

"print" is the right click menu button for me... I don't know its right name.

every mouse key isn't detected... :(

Jun 9 2009, 7:53 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #67

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Pigy_G
Did we ever say it was possible for multiplayer..?
Some people were talking about it.
Quote from Pigy_G
and I think you actually can detect text in multiplayer.
You can with workarounds, but those could still not work 100% of the time.
Quote from Pigy_G
I also think you have no idea what you're talking about.
I think scwizard knows well what he is talking about. ;o

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Sep 9 2009, 7:14 pm CoolManJones Post #68

how did you make this map? when i look at the triggers in scmdraft it just says invalid player, and i want to use these triggers in another map (if that's ok)

None.

Sep 9 2009, 7:56 pm Banned Post #69

What Editor are you using? Use Scmdraft 2. You can see the text document so you know which players to use. Also, it is okay for you to use them, that's why they're here.

None.

Sep 9 2009, 8:06 pm CoolManJones Post #70

ok, thanks, scmdraft was out of date. but how can i find the conditions for players 2-7? can you do it for me banned?

None.

Sep 9 2009, 11:07 pm Banned Post #71

I'm not sure what you're asking. But if you mean how you would detect if player 2 presses a key it's the same trigger I beleive, you just switch the "Players" to 2, instead of 1.

None.

Sep 9 2009, 11:46 pm TF- Post #72

🤙ðŸ¾

Does anyone have any idea regarding what the odds are of these getting effed up by a patch? I'm considering using eud keys for a map but I think it would be safest to have two versions, one with eud and one without.

🤙ðŸ¾

Sep 10 2009, 12:20 am darksnow Post #73

well i dont it will get screwed because they wont update.
with sc2 on its way, blizzard could care less about sc

None.

Sep 10 2009, 1:30 am CoolManJones Post #74

yeah thanks my stardraft was out of date. anyone know the trigs for the rest of the players

None.

Sep 10 2009, 5:32 pm rockz Post #75

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

EUDs work simply by reading memory in starcraft. In this case, you are reading the virtual keyboard in windows. These values are not shared, so they are in the same location for each player. The values may differ (obviously), so all you need to do is change the owner of the trigger. The condition is still the same.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Nov 18 2009, 1:31 am Morphling Post #76

Every time I look at this topic there are more downloads, but no more comments. :ermm:

None.

Nov 18 2009, 4:15 am ImagoDeo Post #77

Well, I'm still trying to think what use this is. And what the limitations are. It obviously can't be used for multiplayer; that much has been made perfectly clear. What I want to know is whether it's worth it to put these in single player maps.

I know I would use it to prevent the use of The Gathering and other such cheats. It would be rather simple to do so. But I need to know if the triggers cycle fast enough to register all these keys being pressed as fast as someone like me can type. Or if the triggers are fast enough, how long does the game keep the memory? That might be a problem.

Other things I might use it for are spellcasts. Fun, really. ^^

None.

Nov 18 2009, 8:09 pm Morphling Post #78

It can be used for multiplayer. Players can view different leaderboads at the same time, meaning player one can view leaderboard kills while player two is viewing leaderboard resources. You can also display text for information/talking to NPCs, stats, or help. If you are making a single player map then I suggest you use EUDs to their fullest.

None.

Nov 18 2009, 8:12 pm ImagoDeo Post #79

Well, of course I'd use them as much as possible. The problem is that I have to get familiar with them first.

Those multiplayer uses alone are amazing. ^^

None.

Nov 18 2009, 9:21 pm Wormer Post #80

Quote from Morphling
You can also display text for information/talking to NPCs
As long as that doesn't affect the storyline in multiplayer of course.

Also, to display leaderboard you have to differentiate players by their slots somehow (for example by detecting starting screen positions). Only keypress detection is not sufficient. This is wrong.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Nov 19 2009, 10:52 am by Wormer.

Some.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 67 >
  Back to forum