Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Theory and Ideas > Topic: Detecting Keys Pressed (EUDs)
Detecting Keys Pressed (EUDs)
Feb 21 2009, 2:27 am
By: Morphling
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 >

Dec 24 2009, 9:10 am Wormer Post #101

Farty, Set Deaths are actually desynching, not instantly but in few minutes you most likely to be desynched.
I don't know about scores, but the same problem may be also with them.
And, foretelling your question, no these are not other dependent actions.

Some.

Dec 27 2009, 4:08 am TiKels Post #102

This is NOT my idea:
I heard of some mapmaker trying to do the keypress detection in multiplayer, and i figured i should post his findings.
There is another "action" that isn't actually an "action" that can be done in multiplayer with euds, and it is shared between players and doesn't desynch.
It's a little thing we have a hate-hate relationship with: Lag.
The test was to have the letter (let us say J, for instance) detected when it is pressed, and it spams a sound on the player who pressed the key, causing lag to build up on sc. Though I doubt this is detectable due to the fact that one lag is not different from another type of lag as far as i know... its still fun to think about. In a lag free world this could be used to find the player that is lagging, and use the amount he lagging (determined by how often the wav is being spammed i suppose) to determine which letter he hit, which in turn casts the spell. Once again, the majority of this is NOT my thinking, though i embellished it with some of my ideas.

My Idea:
Someone should make a game like DDR (Dance dance revolution) where all the players have to hit the right key when the "Arrow" hits a certain point, and it will continue the game as long as all the players did it, if one misses then they DIE BY DESYNCH AND EVERYONE HAS TO WAIT MUAHAHAHA.

I am uncertain as to WHEN sc checks for players being synched. That is something that one of the programmers on SEN should post, because it could become useful and/or thought provoking perhaps for my idea or other ideas.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Dec 27 2009, 5:07 pm Marine Post #103

How long exaclty did it take you to set this up, morph?

None.

Dec 27 2009, 9:08 pm Morphling Post #104

How long exaclty did it take you to set this up, morph?
Which? Finding the keys or making WASD Movement?

None.

Dec 27 2009, 10:38 pm Marine Post #105

keys

None.

Dec 27 2009, 10:57 pm Morphling Post #106

I'm not exactly sure, but I know it's more than three hours. It took awhile to find the pattern in the values and addresses. If only I knew I was detecting the VKey Array it would have been completed faster, but whatever.

None.

Jan 4 2010, 7:42 pm melnikov Post #107

:flamer: :flamer: why can't we use the coolest things multiplayer?

None.

Jan 17 2010, 3:14 am LoveLess Post #108

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Alright, I am employing the use of this. Yet, when I try to use it, the Unit ID resets to 228. What am I doing wrong?

This is draft of course.

None.

Jan 17 2010, 3:15 am Morphling Post #109

Use the memory condition instead of deaths.

None.

Jan 17 2010, 3:17 am LoveLess Post #110

Quote from Morphling
Use the memory condition instead of deaths.
Lah Crash.

None.

Jan 17 2010, 3:36 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #111

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Wormer
Farty, Set Deaths are actually desynching, not instantly but in few minutes you most likely to be desynched.
I don't know about scores, but the same problem may be also with them.
And, foretelling your question, no these are not other dependent actions.
Something must be using them (like using deaths of men, any unit, the same unit but for player groups, etc.)

Try setting a death then not doing anything else and leave it for a while.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jan 17 2010, 5:26 pm LoveLess Post #112

Alright, I am using the Memories instead of the deaths. Kaias helped me fix them, even though he just re-applied the text and they worked. Key word, Worked.

I haven't even touched the conditions for the memories and now the map crashes again. I replaced them and that did nothing.

What the hell is going on? They are copied, verbatim.

None.

Jan 17 2010, 5:29 pm Heinermann Post #113

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

Something else must be causing a crash. Memory reads don't crash if they're valid.
By crash, do you mean desynchronize(drop)? They are two completely different terms.

Jan 17 2010, 5:42 pm Kaias Post #114

Quote from Heinermann
Something else must be causing a crash. Memory reads don't crash if they're valid.
By crash, do you mean desynchronize(drop)? They are two completely different terms.
By crashed he means Starcraft crashes.

None.

Jan 17 2010, 5:46 pm LoveLess Post #115

Quote from Kaias
Quote from Heinermann
By crashed he means Starcraft crashes.
Now, I do have unit sprites, but their not the problem and I doubt the two would conflict, seeing as it worked once before.

I really don't understand this, as nothing has changed, yet it crashes now.

None.

Jan 17 2010, 5:47 pm Morphling Post #116

Post or pm me teh map?

None.

Jan 17 2010, 5:57 pm LoveLess Post #117

Quote from Morphling
Post or pm me teh map?

PM'd.

None.

Jan 17 2010, 6:09 pm stickynote Post #118

Unit sprites crash (if you can see them, I think), because that happened to me.

None.

Jan 17 2010, 6:37 pm LoveLess Post #119

Quote from stickynote
Unit sprites crash (if you can see them, I think), because that happened to me.
I know.

The problem ended up being my version of Draft. So, problem solved. :ermm:

None.

Jan 17 2010, 8:50 pm Heinermann Post #120

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

@stickynote: No, they don't.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 >
  Back to forum