Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Theory and Ideas > Topic: The Understanding of "EUD"
The Understanding of "EUD"
Jan 2 2009, 4:54 pm
By: Heinermann
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 6 >

Jan 30 2009, 1:06 am Decency Post #61

You can detect text, so I'd guess yes.

None.

Jan 30 2009, 2:46 am bugmenot Post #62

Yes you can, but you would have to check for the whole "<From:Name" string as well if you wanted it to work for just your whisper. Otherwise just detecting "<From:" would work for all whispers.

None.

Jan 30 2009, 5:02 pm LosTZealoT Post #63

Another thing that would be worth trying is seeing if you could get P9-11 working as neutral computer players. While looking at the memory location list I found this:

0057F1D4 Player Vision (4 * 12)

I would if someone could find out how to turn on/off vision for these players. I heard the reason they act as they do is due to a lack of self-vision. If you turned on vision for P9, would it work like a comp in say, a diplo or RPG, sit there but attack when provoked?

None.

Jan 30 2009, 10:43 pm A_of-s_t Post #64

aka idmontie

You could always try to do that with sprites since they can work like extended actions.

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Jan 31 2009, 5:14 pm Hug A Zergling Post #65

I'm still slightly confused :P

None.

Jan 31 2009, 5:18 pm Biophysicist Post #66

Quote from A_of-s_t
You could always try to do that with sprites since they can work like extended actions.
I'm still slightly confused :P
I'm more than slightly confused.

None.

Jan 31 2009, 8:07 pm A_of-s_t Post #67

aka idmontie

Extended Sprites write information to addresses. I've never really discovered a formula, but it should be apparent that it works since that's how 2x game speed and tile distortion is done. You can preplace a sprite and it could activate the player's vision -- in theory.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Feb 1 2009, 10:50 pm bugmenot Post #68

Quote from Ahli
Quote from name:FaZ-
How then do EUD's have no bounds...?
Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
EUDs have no bounds! You can read any value in memory. Also, you wont need to put in weird unit IDs... though you will need to put in weird player IDs.

UnitID = 0 (So that you don't have to factor in 48*Unit ID.)
Player = (Address - Death Table Start) / 4 (This can be negative.)

Extended locations didn't work when I tried them in Move Location.

Can any person talk on this in more detail on how to use please.

None.

Feb 1 2009, 10:57 pm A_of-s_t Post #69

aka idmontie

I want to check address 0x500000. For simplicity, lets say the dt starts at 0x100000 (it doesn't). Subract the first by the second and divide by 4. That gives you the player number you need to enter to check the value at 0x500000.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Feb 2 2009, 12:49 am rockz Post #70

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

don't forget to use decimal.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Feb 2 2009, 12:53 am Kaias Post #71

Quote from LosTZealoT
Another thing that would be worth trying is seeing if you could get P9-11 working as neutral computer players. While looking at the memory location list I found this:

0057F1D4 Player Vision (4 * 12)

I would if someone could find out how to turn on/off vision for these players. I heard the reason they act as they do is due to a lack of self-vision. If you turned on vision for P9, would it work like a comp in say, a diplo or RPG, sit there but attack when provoked?
Judging by how they act, I'm guessing they'd be hostile.

None.

Feb 2 2009, 1:03 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #72

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Falkoner
You know, I've been wondering about this for a while, but would it be possible for a map to detect a whisper from an outside player, and then run certain triggers accordingly? Without desync, off course.
No.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Feb 2 2009, 1:15 am A_of-s_t Post #73

aka idmontie

Does the UnitID have a limit to the number you can input?

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Feb 2 2009, 2:47 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #74

👻 👾 👽 💪

EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Feb 2 2009, 3:28 am bugmenot Post #75

Quote from A_of-s_t
I want to check address 0x500000. For simplicity, lets say the dt starts at 0x100000 (it doesn't). Subract the first by the second and divide by 4. That gives you the player number you need to enter to check the value at 0x500000.

so it is address - death table / 4 ("lets say the dt starts at 0x100000 (it doesn't)") for your example does this mean dt is death table start? Or what do you mean?

but Farty has not updated death table does any person know the 1.16.1 death table address? Is it differ from 1.16.0? How do you find death table yourself I have looked for tutorial.

a lot of thanks

None.

Feb 2 2009, 3:38 am A_of-s_t Post #76

aka idmontie

Check for changes of value for Player 1's deaths of terran marine. That is the first slot in the death table.

And yes, dt == death table start

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Feb 2 2009, 5:24 am bugmenot Post #77

Okay I made map with 5 marines i killed 1 searched "has changed" kill another has changed kill another etc etc, restarted map and re-did process. I got address 0x51C611 (5359121 decimal) Is this correct ?? and for my trigger I have

[TRIGGER]
[CONDITIONS]
[*]Deaths(P-280154, Exactly, 144, 0);
[/CONDITIONS]
[ACTIONS]
[*]KillUnit(Marine, P1);
[/ACTIONS]
[/TRIGGER]

But starforge has "P-280154" is unreconized. I tried editing the SF conditions file from "Condition Deaths(Player Player, Comparison Comparison, Number Number, Number Unit)"

to "Condition Deaths(Player Number, Comparison Comparison, Number Number, Number Unit)"

and that did not work still get unreconized so I tried "Condition Deaths(Number Player, Comparison Comparison, Number Number, Number Unit)"

which would let me save trigger but it crashes when I create the game.

a lot of thanks for help

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 2 2009, 5:30 am by bugmenot.

None.

Feb 2 2009, 5:45 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #78

👻 👾 👽 💪

Access violation? Also the offset for deaths will always end in 0, 4, 8, or C. Try 0x58a344.

Feb 2 2009, 8:51 am bugmenot Post #79

okay I used that offset (which was the 1.16.0 one) new trigger is now

condition:
Deaths(P2786265, Exactly, 590, 0);
action:
KillUnit(Ghost,P1);

it still crashes. What value of offset should I be checking, first byte, or first 4 bytes? Trying either gives crash. 590 is decimal value of 4 bytes added together.

Exception info
Code: 0xc000000005 (yes access violation) Flags: 0x00000000
Record: 0x00000000000000 Address: 0x0000000046044c

in calculator i typed in offset, press minus key (-), then typed death table address, then divide by 4 and equal button (=) is this correct, or should it be offset, minus key, death table, equal key, and then divide by 4?

much gratitude for the help

None.

Feb 2 2009, 6:08 pm Biophysicist Post #80

Quote from A_of-s_t
Extended Sprites write information to addresses. I've never really discovered a formula, but it should be apparent that it works since that's how 2x game speed and tile distortion is done. You can preplace a sprite and it could activate the player's vision -- in theory.
MOAR DETAILS PLEASE! How do you do 2x speed and stuff? I might try to find the formula if I knew how to do extended sprites.

And, tile distortion?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 6 >
  Back to forum