A new view
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jun 23 2008, 3:29 am
By: O.o  

Jun 23 2008, 3:29 am O.o Post #1

:-( Could you get one of your coders on making a terrain that can use all textiles in 1 tile set please...map making would be so much better that way it would be taken to the most advanced steps of map making the question is who would want to try? how would we use it? how could we make it compadible with starcraft brood war and if its made how make it possible with SC2? thanks for reading*_*O.o
PS. You think im a retard.

Email me at sentest@live.com

None.

Jun 23 2008, 3:30 am Ultraviolet Post #2

Do we look like we just have a team of coders sitting around? Even if we did, without modding it's impossible to combine tilesets. Meaning that you won't ever be able to combine tilesets on Battle.net for the general public to use. Sorry.

Jun 23 2008, 3:34 am O.o Post #3

thanks for reading atleast i've been let down many times but i want this atleast thought about*_*

Sinerly O.o

PS. I stink at spelling

None.

Jun 23 2008, 3:49 am Impeached Post #4

That P.S. stuff is really annoying...This isn't a letter, it's a forum post. :crazy:

And..what a letdown..you can't do something completely unneccesary in a 10 year old game..you're going to be scarred for life. :ermm:

None.

Jun 23 2008, 4:20 am O.o Post #5

Thanks for posting it seems you dont like my PS stuff so i think that you need to keep your comments to yourself, because after all you said it was a form not a letter and most definatly not a comment form either thanks a lot.

None.

Jun 23 2008, 4:25 am FlyingHat Post #6

It's only possible with modding and hacking. There are problems with this.

- Modders are by a rule lazy.
- Hacking up SC might be more trouble than it's worth.

Also, stop with the P.S. stuff, it's annoying. And I don't need to keep my comments to myself unless if it somehow breaks the rules.

None.

Jun 23 2008, 5:16 am Ultraviolet Post #7

Quote from Impeached
That P.S. stuff is really annoying...This isn't a letter, it's a forum post. :crazy:

And..what a letdown..you can't do something completely unneccesary in a 10 year old game..you're going to be scarred for life. :ermm:

Who cares? P.S. isn't exclusive to letters.

A postscript (from post scriptum, a Latin expression meaning "after writing" and abbreviated P.S.) [1][2] is a sentence, paragraph, or occasionally many paragraphs added, often hastily and incidentally, after the signature of a letter or (sometimes) the main body of an essay or book.

While that doesn't directly cover forums, it does state that it is sometimes used in settings outside of letters.

Quote from O.o
Thanks for posting it seems you dont like my PS stuff so i think that you need to keep your comments to yourself, because after all you said it was a form not a letter and most definatly not a comment form either thanks a lot.

It's harder to defend you when you respond like this.

Quote from FlyingHat
It's only possible with modding and hacking. There are problems with this.

- Modders are by a rule lazy.
- Hacking up SC might be more trouble than it's worth.

Also, stop with the P.S. stuff, it's annoying. And I don't need to keep my comments to myself unless if it somehow breaks the rules.

Yeah, it's spam. Don't even comment on me spamming, I know I'm breaking the rules. You were claiming you weren't.

Oh, and it could also be considered trolling.

Incite to Flame, "Trolling": Posts that intentionally or unintentionally will trigger flame or anger others are not allowed. This may be starting a topic about a controversial member or event without giving the original post any thought. Stating that "Mapmaking sucks" that will cause offence on a StarCraft site also fits trolling, as it is likely to provoke an angry response. For more information, see the Wikipedia article on trolling.

Saying his writing style (I'm guessing he uses P.S. often) is annoying will obviously trigger anger in him. It was totally unnecessary to call him out on it.

Jun 23 2008, 5:23 am O.o Post #8

I thank the kid with the cow boy hat first for just because he didnt slap the possiblity in the face, and also you just because you attacked him for attacking the way i use my P.S., and so i thank you both.

P.S. I enjoy arguments and talking with others peacefully.
O.o

None.

Jun 23 2008, 5:37 am HailFire Post #9

Quote from O.o
I thank the kid with the cow boy hat first for just because he didnt slap the possiblity in the face, and also you just because you attacked him for attacking the way i use my P.S., and so i thank you both.

P.S. I enjoy arguments and talking with others peacefully.
O.o

Madness!
FlyingHat isn't a kid with a hat, he's a hat with an attitude! :omfg:

On topic (although discuddions on this after-the-fact shit should prolly go in modding discussion), wouldn't it be possible to, via modding, take a tileset, replace all of the null/doodad tiles in the index with tiles from other tilesets, and then build an epic map/mod around the uber-set? :sly:

None.

Jun 23 2008, 12:44 pm Symmetry Post #10

Dungeon Master

Quote from HailFire
On topic (although discuddions on this after-the-fact shit should prolly go in modding discussion), wouldn't it be possible to, via modding, take a tileset, replace all of the null/doodad tiles in the index with tiles from other tilesets, and then build an epic map/mod around the uber-set? :sly:

In short, no. You could do it, but a) it would look like garbage (each tileset has a unique palette...) and b) it would be way more work than it's worth.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Jun 23 2008, 1:21 pm Clokr_ Post #11

Quote from name:Killer_Kow
Quote from HailFire

In short, no. You could do it, but a) it would look like garbage (each tileset has a unique palette...) and b) it would be way more work than it's worth.

And c you would have to create a whole lot of new edge sets to be able to mix the terrains of both tilesets (except if both share dirt or something like that but then it wouldn't be so cool).

?????

Jun 23 2008, 1:43 pm O.o Post #12

How do you know this? If it hasnt been created you can't just judge that it'll end up like a junkyard dog. The way hellfire and anyone below up till me just bashed it in quickly with their foot and didnt even consider it from they way you left your sentances. Thanks I think we can do better than that.

P.S. :flamer: :flamer: :flamer: :flamer:

None.

Jun 23 2008, 4:10 pm Clokr_ Post #13

Because we know the problems that a project like this would have, since we have more experience than you do with this kind of things.
Of course you're free to start it, and we all would be glad if you actually finish it someday and it looks good, but that probably just won't happend.

?????

Jun 23 2008, 4:30 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #14

👻 👾 👽 💪

This is how we know this!

I can't find my picture that actually shows what it does to the terrain when you mix them... Oh well.
Basically they come out all grainy and splattered (like the space terrain in those "twilight" pictures.) Or they come out a mostly solid color and look plastic.
You either need to make a new palette that compromises each's colors, or completely redo both tilesets. As KK said, more work than it is worth.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jun 23 2008, 5:17 pm O.o Post #15

If you were able to play that then its playable and that proves my point, and I demand a cheese burger also.

P.S. There not my favorite food.

None.

Jun 23 2008, 5:28 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #16

👻 👾 👽 💪

It is done through modding. You cannot do it with pubbies or with a normal copy of StarCraft.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jun 23 2008, 5:29 pm O.o Post #17

Well then work some of that modding magic crap, and how do I delete a form that I posted?

None.

Jun 23 2008, 5:30 pm O.o Post #18

It is also more work than its worth, but I'd like to see somone do it.

None.

Jun 23 2008, 7:50 pm Ultraviolet Post #19

We're not trying to stomp on your idea, we just know that it will never practically work. How? We've all thought about it and wished for it before too. We've been here for a long time, and for the most part know what we can and can't do.

Jun 23 2008, 10:33 pm Symmetry Post #20

Dungeon Master

Quote from O.o
How do you know this? If it hasnt been created you can't just judge that it'll end up like a junkyard dog. The way hellfire and anyone below up till me just bashed it in quickly with their foot and didnt even consider it from they way you left your sentances. Thanks I think we can do better than that.

Because I tried it.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Options
  Back to forum