Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Need a few brave souls...
Need a few brave souls...
May 6 2008, 5:40 pm
By: Heimdal
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

May 7 2008, 2:26 am rockz Post #21

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from Rantent
I know better than to trust something with a coolness to size ratio greater than twenty. :shifty:
I can see it now. A starcraft rickroll map.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

May 7 2008, 6:56 am Kenoli Post #22

kenoli47@yhaoo.com

None.

May 7 2008, 9:56 am Wormer Post #23

wormer.worm@gmail.com

Some.

May 7 2008, 11:12 am Brontobyte Post #24

Well, how bad can it mess up your computer? I don't want to be too brave and have my computer to become messed up or something. :-(

Oh well, you only live once! :D

sc_intruder@yahoo.com

None.

May 8 2008, 5:59 am Heimdal Post #25

I have sent the installer and instructions to everyone that signed up. Except for KraZy, because he said his email was in his profile and it wasn't.

You can just reply to the email with feedback, or post here how awesome it is and make everyone else jealous.

None.

May 8 2008, 7:15 pm Brontobyte Post #26

I tried it and it works, for the most part. It only did two maps, that I made. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if I'm not waiting long enough for it to grab all of the pictures or what. I had a folder with 3 maps in it and I waited ~2 minutes for it to work (after installation) and it did nothing. Now I know what your going to ask. (at least I think so) Yes, I had it in "thumbnail" view mode. I read all of the instructions and what not and it still only did 2 maps. The one map was a 20x12 and the other was a 128x128.

Pros:
Well, as far as I know its the only of its kind.
It's a cool idea to see the map before you have to open it.

Cons:
I don't like the fact that the pictures don't look like they do in the mini map of an in game view.

I will keep on trying to make it work, and I hope it does. :D

EDIT: Actually it did nothing. :( The two pictures I saw were the Scmdraft "save as image" images. :-( I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I just un-installed it and re-installed it and still nothing. How long should this take?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 8 2008, 7:40 pm by Brontobyte.

None.

May 8 2008, 7:53 pm NudeRaider Post #27

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Same here. It did nothing.
I used the alternative installer because I have only .net framework 2.0 SP1, but not 1.1

May 8 2008, 8:29 pm Brontobyte Post #28

:few: I'm semi glad that I'm not the only one. I wonder if it worked with the other test subjects? :D

None.

May 8 2008, 8:30 pm rockz Post #29

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

nope

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

May 8 2008, 9:14 pm Heimdal Post #30

So far it doesn't seem to be working for anyone but me :(

I'll be digging into this some more and will probably have a debugging build ready tonight.

None.

May 8 2008, 11:09 pm Falkoner Post #31

Hey, Heimdal, I love the idea, but hotmail won't let me pick up executable attachments... I hate it when computers are made to act like they are smarter than me.

So can you send it to:
Falkoner.CoW@Gmail.com

None.

May 9 2008, 12:08 am Heimdal Post #32

A couple people had that issue - all further releases will be .zip-ped. Even though it barely reduces the size.

None.

May 9 2008, 12:09 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #33

👻 👾 👽 💪

I don't care about the size, my email just blocks the file extension... and it says there is no way to undo it once it has been blocked.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

May 9 2008, 12:24 am FlyingHat Post #34

Quote from Heimdal
A couple people had that issue - all further releases will be .zip-ped. Even though it barely reduces the size.
I'm also having that issue, please send the program to flyinghat42@gmail.com

None.

May 9 2008, 2:35 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #35

👻 👾 👽 💪

:D It works great!
I'm getting random errors, though... O.o WAV not integral size, etc.? Also one of my maps has errors... >.> I know it to be valid.

I'm really bored so I just tested it on WinME, and it works great there, too. :D A bit slow... but this computer is anyway.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 9 2008, 2:43 am by FaRTy1billion.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

May 9 2008, 4:18 am Falkoner Post #36

Okay, it seemed to work fine for me, but:

Unknown exception in ExtractImage

Here's the maps:
[attach=976]
[attach=977]
[attach=978]
[attach=985](I made this one, and it is unlocked...)

And another error:
Invalid Unit Entry
.\unitdata.cpp:473

For this map:
[attach=979]

And this error:
Error opening file: staredit\scenario.chk
.\binaryreader.cpp:46

for these maps:
[attach=980]
[attach=981]
[attach=984]

And this error:

WAV not integral size
.\chk.cpp:425

for these maps:
[attach=982]
[attach=983]

And note, that wasn't even close to all of my maps, those were only the ones that haven't been categorized in my downloads folder and the ones just in the maps folder. I have 2219 maps, and you just saw every single error for about maybe 50 of them, the majority of which were melee. :P I hope having all the maps that return errors can help you track down the bugs.

Attachments:
terrain.scx
Hits: 2 Size: 153.26kb
ForceTest.scx
Hits: 1 Size: 39.07kb
Run Ling Run [5.1].scx
Hits: 2 Size: 1065.23kb
Random Quest RPG (U).scx
Hits: 2 Size: 830.6kb
test.scx
Hits: 1 Size: 36.95kb
FaLLiNG TiLeS [AZ TEST].scm
Hits: 1 Size: 23.32kb
[ Tricks -=Nova=8.scx
Hits: 1 Size: 48.84kb
Protect_the_PrezSEvFinal.scx
Hits: 2 Size: 49.32kb
SoG RH Absolute.scx
Hits: 1 Size: 118.16kb

None.

May 9 2008, 4:48 am Kenoli Post #37

I didn't get anything.

None.

May 9 2008, 6:07 am Heimdal Post #38

Having the maps that have problems definitely helps a lot. A few of these are protection issues - like "WAV not integral size." I just set up the latest release to print a message box on any kind of error though.

I'll look into these; a broader release will be just around the corner! Thanks a lot for all your help.

None.

May 9 2008, 7:50 am NudeRaider Post #39

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

I installed the debug release (after uninstalling the previous one) and the same. It's just like I hadn't installed it.
I also checked and there's no service or process running of that program. Is there a way to force execution?

Also you said you hack into Explorer, maybe that's the problem. I'll tell you my version history:
Install CD is Win XP Pro Corporate Edition SP1
Then I manually installed SP2
Then I installed pretty much every update that Windows offered
BUT I did NOT update Internet explorer, as I'm using Firefox
Seeing as Explorer and INet Explorer are working together closely this might be a reason.

I also restarted Explorer after install, changed between different view modes (e.g. from thumnail to details and back) but all that changed nothing.

May 9 2008, 12:55 pm Falkoner Post #40

Nah, Nude the IE thing shouldn't be a problem, I haven't upgraded yet either.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum