Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Need a few brave souls...
Need a few brave souls...
May 6 2008, 5:40 pm
By: Heimdal
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4

May 10 2008, 11:05 pm Brontobyte Post #61

Quote from Heimdal
Dangit, this is frustrating. Check event viewer (start->run "eventvwr.msc") and see if there are any scmthumb-related messages under the application folder.

Nothing. I searched for it and nothing was their... I loaded it, removed it, loaded the new one (.zip) and nothing...

None.

May 10 2008, 11:42 pm Heimdal Post #62

Quote from name:razorsnail
Yeah, I discovered that too. This is actually not the problem, since for a folder containing (for example) 21.4 MB of maps, the Thumbs.db file is only 883 KB.

The problem, it seems, is that each map was cached somewhere to create the thumbs, and that cache didn't empty until I restarted my system. So caching over a thousand maps meant over two hundred megabytes of cache space. I couldn't find the location of this cache, either.

But now that I've restarted my system, the map-cache is empty, and the thumbs are still cached in their respective Thumbs.db files. Everything works great.
Oof. Sounds like there might be a memory leak then. I'll dig into that.

Brontobyte, what version of windows are you running?

None.

May 10 2008, 11:44 pm Brontobyte Post #63

Quote from Heimdal
Brontobyte, what version of windows are you running?

Windows XP Professional SP2

None.

May 16 2008, 8:00 pm NudeRaider Post #64

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

OK, I reinstalled my PC, reinstalled SCMThumb and now it works fine for some reason.
I was using the 2nd version you released for people without .net 1.1
And unlike you stated it generated the thumbnails pretty fast. ;) The first pictures were visible only a second after I turned thumbnail view on.

I am now using an american version of Windows XP now with integrated SP2 (before I had german version with SP1, manually upgraded to SP2). I don't know but maybe it just works with american versions of Windows?

I don't have any maps anymore so I couldn't test very much. All maps worked, except this one

May 16 2008, 8:32 pm Heimdal Post #65

Interesting. Does the German version of windows use Unicode?

None.

May 16 2008, 8:52 pm NudeRaider Post #66

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

yes lol....
we're not stuck in stoneage or something :wtfage:

May 16 2008, 9:18 pm FlyingHat Post #67

Hm. SCMThumb doesn't work for me. I use Windows XP SP2.
I just can't help but think SCMDraft might have something to do with it. :wtfage:

None.

May 16 2008, 9:41 pm Symmetry Post #68

Dungeon Master

From what I've read, I'm pretty sure I know what this is - COOL. I'll try it out. eskimo_gr -at- hotmail.com

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4
  Back to forum