Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Theory and Ideas > Topic: Local EUDs Made Multiplayer
Local EUDs Made Multiplayer
Apr 1 2012, 10:22 pm
By: Kaias
Pages: < 1 2 3

Apr 9 2012, 1:42 am Roy Post #41

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from Hatsumei
The 'shared' that shows up in this particular reference (My hat to you, yoonkwun) leads me to believe Starcraft goes through these values.
The "shared" is simply stating that the unit structure is globally shared and can safely be used for multiplayer (i.e., a unit at a specified index will be the same for all clients). Something that is not shared (e.g., screen position) can have different values for each client (e.g., different screen positions).

Quote from Hatsumei
Condition; Player P:input
Input i
Action:
AIScript?: Change rally point to 0,0 for building b <--- Can this be automated?
/wait
AiScript: Change rally point to 0,1 (or something to reset the system)
Are you suggesting we run an AI script from detecting a local address value? Because that will desync the player (because it is a global action). Same with using the Order action.

Quote from Hatsumei
If Building b at Location l is owned by Player P
This condition is pointless.

Quote from Hatsumei
[EUD] -=- //If building b has a rally point of 0,0
Even if the first trigger didn't desync the players immediately, this value you're checking here would be desynchronized (because it only changed on one client locally), which would also cause the player to desync when you try using any global action.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum